The University of West Scotland has become a popular choice for students to pursue their careers in cybersecurity. Students may advance their knowledge, skills, and careers via innovation and research by pursuing cyber security courses at the University of West of Scotland. If you are eager to enter the world of information security or want to pursue your career in Scotland you are at the right place. In this blog, we have covered everything about the cybersecurity courses at the University of West Scotland.
|University||The University of West Scotland|
|Courses||MSc, MEng (Hons), BEng (Hons) in Cyber Security|
|Duration||1 year full-time (MSc), 5 years full-time (MEng Hons), 4 years full-time (BEng Hons)|
|Location||Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|IELTS Score||5.0 (overall)|
This Blog Includes:
- About University of West Scotland
- Why Study Cyber Security Course at the University of West Scotland?
- Admission Process
- Cost of Studying Cybersecurity Courses at the University of West Scotland
- Scholarships at the University of West Scotland For Cybersecurity Courses
About University of West Scotland
Founded in 2007, the University of West of Scotland was formed by merging the University of Paisley with Bell College, Hamilton. The campus is located in London, England. There is no difference in infrastructure or study environment between the campuses of this university. A variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and post-experience courses are offered at this university in fields including business, computing, creative industries, education, engineering, health, life sciences, physical and chemical sciences, social sciences, and sports. In addition to full-time and part-time study modes, online courses are also available.
Must Read: Study in UK
Why Study Cyber Security Course at the University of West Scotland?
- For teaching quality, the university is in the top 3 and for student experience and graduate prospects, it is in the top 5. A large number of bigwigs have graduated from this university.
- The Airbus A350 was designed by Gordon McConnell, a graduate of this university. In addition to earning her MBA from this university, Lesley Dalziel is an entrepreneur.
- This University is the home of businessman and philanthropist Les Hutchison, who studied Electrical Engineering at this college.
Following is the eligibility criteria for cybersecurity courses at the University of West Scotland:
- All India Senior Secondary Examination, Higher Secondary Certificate/Standard XII, or Indian School Certificate (Year 12) with 60% or above (for Undergraduate Courses)
- Bachelor’s degree with honours awarded at 2:1 in computing science, and computer networking. (for Postgraduate Courses)
- Applicants with other academic, vocational, or professional qualifications deemed to be equivalent, or have at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience may also be considered. (for Postgraduate Courses)
- IELTS: 6.0 overall.
- Pearson Academic English(PTE): An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59.
Application to your dream university is a crucial part of your study abroad journey. So, it needs experts’ attention. But you need not worry, Leverage Edu is here for you with their experts to help you out. For your reference, we have mentioned the admission process below:
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Also Read: Study MSc Cyber Security
Cost of Studying Cybersecurity Courses at the University of West Scotland
The tuition fee for the cyber security courses at the University of West Scotland for international students is:
|Course||Annual Tuition Fee|
|MSc in Cyber Security||£17,250 (INR 17,25,000)|
|BEng (Hons)||£17,250 (INR 17,25,000)|
|MEng (Hons)||£13,325 (INR 13,32,500)|
Scholarships at the University of West Scotland For Cybersecurity Courses
The University of West Scotland provides scholarships for international students. You can find them below:
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
In collaboration with Scottish universities, the Scottish Government offers the Saltire scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded for one year of full-time postgraduate master’s degrees and are worth £8000(INR 6,59,391) each. A Saltire Scholarship is available only to candidates who have been offered an eligible postgraduate Master’s degree at a Scottish university.
UWS Global Scholarships
Applicants who wish to apply for the offering are self-funded (non-EU) students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree from UWS. To qualify for this discount, students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies at UWS. A 10% discount will be applied to the overall tuition fee.
According to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings, the University of the West of Scotland ranks at #501.
Despite the challenges of learning cybersecurity, it doesn’t have to be hard, especially if you are passionate about it.
Coding skill is not a requirement for most entry-level cybersecurity jobs. It may be necessary to learn to code, however, if cybersecurity professionals want to progress to mid- or upper-level positions.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.