Founded as a unique collaboration between the University of East Anglia and the University of Essex, the University of Suffolk is a highly regarded institution in the United Kingdom. A wide range of courses is offered in majors such as arts, professional health, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, law, and business. Having a diverse student population of more than 5,000 students from over 30 countries across the globe, the university is a popular choice among international students. A variety of scholarships for international students are available at the University of Suffolk to make a student’s study abroad journey more affordable. Here’s what you need to know about the Suffolk Scholarships.
|University Name||University of Suffolk|
|Location||Ipswich, England, United Kingdom|
|Popular Courses||Arts, Social Sciences, Health and Science, Business|
This Blog Includes:
- University of Suffolk Rankings
- University of Suffolk Scholarships
- External Scholarships
University of Suffolk Rankings
Before learning more about the Scholarships available at the University of Suffolk, let’s have a look at some of its impressive rankings:
|The Guardian – University Rankings 2022||#67|
|The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK) 2022||#126|
University of Suffolk Scholarships
The University of Suffolk offers a range of scholarships for international students wishing to enroll in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Listed below are the scholarships offered:
- International Master’s Excellence Scholarship (2022/23)
- The University of Suffolk International Scholarship (2022/23)
- MBA Scholarship (2022/23)
International Master’s Excellence Scholarship (2022/23)
50 International Master’s Excellence Scholarships of £ 3,000 i.e. around 2 Lakhs INR value each are available in the 2022/23 academic year. These scholarships will be applicable for a reduction of the tuition fee that is payable upon enrolment at the University. To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Have applied, and hold an unconditional firm offer, for an eligible full-time postgraduate-taught degree at the University of Suffolk’s Ipswich campus due to commence in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be self-funding and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- Have successfully passed a pre-CAS Interview with the University’s Admissions Office (visa students only).
- Paid a minimum of £3,000 (INR 2.88 lakhs) CAS deposit to the University (visa students only).
The University of Suffolk International Scholarship (2022/23)
The University of Suffolk International Scholarship (2022/23) is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students with a value of up to £1,500 i.e. around INR1.45 Lakhs. To apply for this Scholarship, you must:
- Must submit an application to study at the University of Suffolk.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the course, be made an offer, and successfully enroll at the University of Suffolk.
- You must be self-funding and classified overseas for fee purposes.
- You must be studying full-time.
- You must apply for the International Scholarship.
- Be in continued attendance on the course on which you enrolled at the date of payment.
MBA Scholarship (2022/23)
MBA Scholarships are available for international students with an awarded grant of £4,000 i.e. around INR 3 Lakhs each. To apply for an MBA Scholarship at the University of Suffolk, you must:
- Submit an application and hold an unconditional offer for the University of Suffolk MBA
- You must be either an international fee-paying student
- Require a Student Route visa to study in the UK
- You must be studying full-time
- You must be self-funding and classified overseas for fine purposes
- You must pay an MBA CAS Deposit (full tuition fee minus £4,000 or INR 3 Lakhs Scholarship)
International Students can apply for external scholarships such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships, and Snowdon Masters Scholarships to support their financial needs.
Chevening Scholarships are offered by the UK Government and are designed to support students from over 110 different countries to study in the UK, mostly for a one-year master’s program.
Commonwealth Scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in the UK for international students hailing from developing countries such as India to study in the UK. Commonwealth Scholarships are offered for postgraduate study at the University of Suffolk, with some undergraduate exceptions also available.
Snowdon Master Scholarships
Snowdon Master Scholarships are offered to Disabled Students by the Global Disability Innovation Hub.
The awarded grant for undergraduate (bachelor’s) is £1,000 i.e. INR 95,343 in Year 1 and £500 i.e. INR 47,666 in Year 2.
You will obtain an extraordinary education at the University of Suffolk, one that is richer and more rounded than many others. The Guardian University Guide 2022 has ranked the University in the top 20 for various subjects, including History (4th in the country) and English and Creative Writing (8th in the country).
Are you planning to study abroad? Reach out to Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end assistance regarding your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minute counseling session today!