The University of Rochester is a research institution in Rochester, New York. The University of Rochester provides both undergraduate and postgraduate courses to students. Approximately 6,800 undergraduates and 5,000 postgraduate students are enrolled every year in this prestigious university. Let’s explore the university of Rochester acceptance rate, application process and more.
|Institutional type||Private University|
|Courses Level||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
This Blog Includes:
University of Rochester Acceptance Rate
The University of Rochester acceptance rate is in the range of 35.4%. This means that out of 100 applicants, around 35 students seeking admissions at the University of Rochester get accepted. Further, the number of students enrolled in University is around 6500. Half the applicants admitted to the University of Rochester have an SAT score between 1310 and 1500 or an ACT score of 30 and 34. This makes the University of Rochester an attractive prospect for higher education.
University Ranking of University of Rochester
- Ranked #36 National University Ranking in US News and World Report 2022
- Ranked #170 Global University Ranking in US News and World Report 2022
- Ranked #142 University Ranking by Times Higher Education 2022
- Ranked #151-200 Universities Ranking by ARWU 2020
University of Rochester Admission Process
- Step 1 – Choose a Course
The first step is to choose your programme. Visit the University’s official website and simply find a course that is the best for you. A number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses are taught at the University of Rochester. Scholarships and Financial aid are also available in some of the courses at the University of Rochester.
- Step 2 – Review the Requirements for Admission
The University has different requirements for different courses. Check the minimum admissions requirement of the undergraduate/postgraduate course, program-specific requirement and English language requirements. A test score of one of the English exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL is mandatory. You can register for Leverage Edu counselling sessions and our experts will be more than happy to help you commence with your preparations today. Also, the admission process requires a list of documents like LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees.
- Step 3 – Filling Application Form
After collecting the required documents and obtaining the required test score all you need to do is fill out the application form on the official website of the University. It is wise to fill out the application form as early as possible to be eligible for early admission. Make Sure to check deadlines beforehand and submit the application on time.
- Step 4 – Wait for Result
The University of Rochester will take a few weeks to process the application. You will be informed by mail from the university about your acceptance or rejection. Once you receive an acceptance email start applying for a Visa and be ready to start your journey abroad.
University of Rochester Basic Eligibility Requirements
- For Undergraduate Courses
- Higher School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate or Indian School Certificate or All India Senior School Certificate or Pre-University Certificate
- English Language Proficiency test scores
- For Postgraduate Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Other Requirements
|IELTS||7.5 & Above|
|TOFEL||100 & Above|
University of Rochester Deadlines
|Early Application 1||Early November|
|Early Application 2||Early January|
Also Read: University of Stuttgart Acceptance Rate
Popular Courses at University of Rochester
- Master of Science and Finance
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Business Analytics
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in Dental Science
Cost of Living
|Expense||Cost (USD)||COST (INR approx)|
|Meals and food||6500||5 Lakhs|
|Personal Expenses||1500||1.20 Lakhs|
|Tuition & Hostel Rent||Depending on Course||Depending on Course|
Several well-known figures in numerous professions are among the wide global alumni network of the University of Rochester. The directory features noteworthy alumni, former students, and academic and professional staff. The following names of successful alumni from the University of Rochester are mentioned:
- Robert Wallace Forster Jr. was an American actor
- Paul Elliott Singer, an American hedge fund manager, activist investor, philanthropist
- Lawrence Alan Kudlow, an American conservative television personality and financial program host
- Steven Chu, an American physicist, and former government official
- George Francis Hotz, alias Geohot, is an American security hacker, entrepreneur, and software engineer.
- Brian Daboll, a Canadian-born American football coach
- Masatoshi Koshiba, a Japanese physicist and one of the founders of neutrino astronomy
- Debra Jo Rupp is an American actress
- Shirley Hardie Jackson an American writer, known primarily for her works of horror and mystery
Yes, there is no doubt about that. New York is a top-rated destination to study abroad. It has a lot to offer including quality education, best opportunities, top qualifications, a good lifestyle and a whole new life.
The University of Rochester is one of the top universities in Rochester, New York with over 6,800 students in undergraduate courses and about 5,000 students in postgraduate courses every year.
The mode of the application process for the University of Rochester is ONLINE.
Are you planning to study at the University of Rochester but not sure where to start? Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end assistance from application to the visa process.