Long Island University (LIU) was founded in Brooklyn in 1926 by the New York State Education Department. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). In addition, the various study programs, schools and faculties of the university are recognised. by various specialised accrediting agencies such as the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and the American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation. The Nursing course at Long Island University is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Nursing course at this university. Leverage Edu brings you a blog with detailed information about pursuing a Nursing course from Long Island University.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Long Island University?
- Ranking of Long Island University
- Nursing Course Overview at Long Island University
- Nursing Course Details at Long Island University
- Subjects included in Nursing course
- Nursing Course Options at Long Island University
- Eligibility for Nursing at Long Island University
- Admission Deadline
- Entry requirement for Nursing Course at Long Island University
- Nursing Course fees at Long Island University
- Documents Required at Long Island University
- Living Cost at Long Island University
- Scholarships at Long Island University
- Placements at Long Island University
- Average Salary at Long Island University
- Recruiting Companies at Long Island University
|Cost of attendance||$58,948|
|Housing facilities||8 residence halls available|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, grants, loans|
Why Choose Long Island University?
- The university is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The LIU Post campus is home to the first professional School of Accounting, an AACSB-accredited School of Business, award-winning theatre programs and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- The university’s Brooklyn campus offers health care programs through the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and the College of Nursing
- Long Island University was ranked as one of the top universities in the US by Niche.com
- It is also one of the top national universities according to the U.S. News and World Report
Ranking of Long Island University
|Top Performers on Social Mobility||#62|
Nursing Course Overview at Long Island University
- Integrate knowledge of the liberal arts and sciences as you provide professional care to diverse individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations throughout life and across the healthcare continuum.
- Identify leadership and management principles for improving quality and patient safety for the delivery of quality professional care under current cultural, economic, organisational and political perspectives.
- Integrate evidence-based best practices into professional nursing practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Use information technology in an ethical manner to support evidence-based practices and decision-making, and demonstrate competency using patient care technology in delivering quality patient care throughout the care process.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Nursing Course Details at Long Island University
It is a 16-month program for students who already have a bachelor’s degree in another subject. This option offers entry in Summer, Spring and Fall.
Earn a C+ or better in all science and nursing courses and maintain a nursing and general GPA of at least a 2.75.
Subjects included in Nursing course
- Contemporary Topics in Nursing
- Informatics for Nursing
- Health Assessment and Health Promotion
- Pathophysiology for Nursing Practice
- Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Principles of Nursing Practice
- Introduction to Health Care Systems and Policy
- Research or Evidence for Nursing Practice
- Maternity or OB Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Behavioural and Mental Health Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Community or Population Health Nursing
- English Composition
- English Literature
- European Literatures I
- European Literatures II
- Perspectives in Pre-modern World History
- Perspectives in Modern World History
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
Nursing Course Options at Long Island University
|Nursing Course Options||Duration|
|B.S. in Nursing||16 months|
|Accelerated Second-Degree Nursing Program||16 months|
|M.S. in Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner||–|
|M.S. in Family Nurse Practitioner||–|
Eligibility for Nursing at Long Island University
Have a previous bachelor’s degree and a college GPA of 3.3 or better (88% or higher). Achieve B+ grades or better (3.3 or 88% or higher) in each of the following courses –
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
Indian Students Eligibility
Minimum high school average of 85% High School Science and Maths with grades of B or higher (85% or > in any maths and science course).
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
Entry requirement for Nursing Course at Long Island University
- High school or college transcript
- Statement of purpose
- 2 Letter of recommendation
- Scores of exams to study in the USA (GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT)
- English language proficiency
- Other course-specific requirements
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores
Nursing Course fees at Long Island University
The tuition fee for one year is ₹24.52 Lakhs.
Documents Required at Long Island University
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at Long Island University
|Cost||Amount per annum (USD)|
|Room and board||14K|
|Health insurance fee||3K|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at Long Island University
- Admissions Merit Awards
This scholarship is available to both national and international students. The amount of award is not fixed, it varies according to the eligibility and scores.
- Alumni and Sibling Scholarships
This scholarship is available to international students. The amount of award is not fixed, it varies according to the eligibility and scores.
Placements at Long Island University
Career Services at LIU Post is a full-service careers office for LIU students and alumni seeking career-related support. The institute has a handshake portal where employers and students can network and find career opportunities. Long Island University is ranked among the top 50 colleges in New York by Payscale.com for salary potential. The university has a fully functioning Career Service that offers job-related assistance.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at Long Island University
According to PayScale, the average salary of Long Island University graduates is 68,000 USD.
Recruiting Companies at Long Island University
- Louis Vuitton
- Ralph Lauren
Long Island University is ranked #272 in U.S. News and World Report 2021 rankings.
LIU Global offers unique undergraduate programs around the world, allowing students to explore 8 countries over 8 semesters. The university is also known for its world-renowned Tilles Centre for the Performing Arts and Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium.
Long Island University offers continuing admissions. Students can apply until the beginning of the semester. For international students, however, it is advisable to apply for the visa process as early as possible.
This was about a Nursing Course at Long Island University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!