Since 1829, the University of Stuttgart stays to be the main research-situated college in Germany with worldwide notoriety. The college is best known for its spearheading interdisciplinary modules incorporating specialized training, normal sciences, humanities, and business examines. The University of Stuttgart, arranged in Stuttgart, which is one of the vital mechanical conurbations in Europe, has teamed up with different worldwide colleges for coordinated research and learning-sharing projects. Check out the University of Stuttgart acceptance rate for UG and PG courses, and other important details in this blog.
|Name of University||University of Stuttgart|
|No. of Courses offered to International students||160|
|Scores Accepted||IELTS – 6 to 7, TOEFL – 80 and above|
|Average Fees||1.26 lakhs INR per semester|
This Blog Includes:
University of Stuttgart Acceptance Rate
The University of Stuttgart’s acceptance rate is around 71%, making it moderately simpler to get into. This means that out of 100 applicants, around 71 students seeking admission at the University of Stuttgart, get accepted. Further, the percentage of international students enrolled in the University of Stuttgart is 12%. Also, the University has an international student population of 20,000 international students from 70 countries. This makes the University of Stuttgart an attractive prospect for higher education for international applicants in Germany.
The University of Stuttgart Rankings for the year 2022-2023 are given below:
|QS World University Rankings 2023||=355|
|THE Rankings 2023||301-350|
|ARWU (Shanghai) Rankings 2022||301-400|
|US News & World Report rankings||#629|
How to Apply at the University of Stuttgart
Before you apply, you need to think about whether Higher Education is right for you and then find a course to study at the University of Stuttgart. Applying to Stuttgart is an easy and quick process and you will receive an applicant ID as soon as you submit your application:
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Also Read: Masters in Pharmacy in Germany
German and English Language Requirements
For courses taught in German, any of the following test scores are accepted as proof of German language proficiency:
- Test German as Foreign Language (TestDAF): Level 4
- Passed examination in German in the previous or another college
- German Language Diploma: Level II (DSD Level II)
- Large German Language Diploma new C2 – GDS from a Goethe Institute
- Large or Small German Language Diploma or Central Senior Class Exam (ZOP) from a Goethe Institute
- German Language Examination II of the Language and Interpreter Institute in Munich
- Complete a diploma, bachelor, or master’s degree that was taught in German
- Advanced Placement (AP Exam) in the German Language
Must Read: Study in Germany Without IELTS
- Aerospace Engineering
- Air Quality Control, Solid Waste and Waste Water Process Engineering (WASTE)
- Architecture and Urban Planning
- Art History
- Autonomous System
- Building Physics – Master: Online, study while working
- Business Administration
- Business Administration, technically oriented
- Chemical– and Bio-Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computational Linguistics
- Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures (COMMAS)
- Computer Science
- Cultures of Knowledge
- Data Science
- Digital Humanities
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Empirical Political and Social Research (German-French)
- Engineering Cybernetics
- English and American Studies / English Linguistics
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Chemistry – Cooperation Hohenheim University
- Geodesy and Geoinformatics Engineering
- German Literature
- History – Sources and Interpretations
- History of Natural Sciences and Technology
- Information Systems – Cooperation Hohenheim University
- Infrastructure Planning (MIP)
- Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (IUSD)
- Integrative Technologies and Architectural Design Research (ITECH)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media Computer Science
- Medical Engineering – Cooperation Tübingen University
- Movement Science
- Movement Science and Biomechanics
- Natural Language Processing
- Photonic Engineering
- Real Estate Engineering and Management
Cost of studying
The cost of studying in Germany has two sub-criteria: Tuition fees and cost of living. The breakdown for the same is given below:
In general, the University of Stuttgart is free for all students as it does not charge any tuition fees. However, international students need to pay a fee of EUR 1,500 for every semester. The tuition fee for the second-degree program is EUR 650. Apart from this, international students also need to pay the following miscellaneous charges:
- Doctoral Students – Student Body fee – 10 euros
- General Students – Student Body Fee – 10 euros
- VVS StudiTicket solidarity & Student Services Fee – 120.40 euros
- Administrative Fee – 70 euros
Is the cost of studying in Germany stopping you from pursuing your dream course? Contact our Leverage Finance experts and find affordable loans.
Cost of Living
There are some crucial elements that you need to know and plan once you decide to move to Germany for your degree. A student’s actual monthly expenses will depend on their lifestyle and other choices. Rates and rent may also fluctuate each academic year. Let’s have a look at these costs:
|Cost of Studying in Germany||Cost in INR & EUROS per month|
|Accommodation||350-500 EURO ( 30,000-43,000 INR)|
|Health Insurance||110 EURO (9,500 INR)|
|Broadcasting Fees||1750 EUROS (1.5 LAKHS)|
Must Read: How to Find Accommodation in Germany?
The acceptance rate at the University of Stuttgart is around 71%, making it moderately easier to get into. This means that approximately 71 students seeking admission to the University of Stuttgart are accepted out of 100 applicants.
The University of Stuttgart is a world-renowned research university that promotes global culture. This includes allowing students to continue their education at universities in other countries.
Please keep in mind that all students are required to pay semester fees. Furthermore, international students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country must pay EUR 1,500.00 in tuition fees per semester.
Are you planning to study in Germany but not sure where to start? Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process.