Want to pursue an internship in Germany? There are numerous universities in Germany offering research internships to international students to provide them with numerous opportunities to get global exposure! One such scholarship initiative by German university is Daad Wise Scholarship which is a special scholarship scheme for Indian students aspiring to explore interning opportunities at a public university in Germany. Wise stands for Working Internships in Science and Engineering and this scholarship is one of the best training programs for Indian students to intern abroad! Read this blog to know all about DAAD Wise Scholarship!
Explore our Comprehensive Guide to Study in Germany!
This Blog Includes:
About DAAD Wise Scholarship
The Daad Wise Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship which helps international students get financial aid in order to pursue research internships from research institutions.
Here are the key highlights of DAAD Wise Scholarship:
|Scholarship Provider||Germany Government Body|
|Organization||Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Applicable For||Indian Students|
|Duration||2-3 months (May to August)|
The scholarship program aims at providing financial assistance to Indian students in order to help them go under research internships at publicly funded German institutions or a research institute in the fields of science and engineering.
Rewards & Amount
Pursuing DAAD Wise Scholarship in Germany, you will be interning at a public or state-funded university or any non-research institution in the country. You will get the opportunity to work with research scholars, scientists and professors, assisting them in their research projects. The total duration of the scholarship is 3 months and it covers health, accident and personal liability insurance. It covers the expense of research. It provides a monthly scholarship of 750 euros to undergrad students and the monthly installment is calculated on a daily basis. The students also get a lump-sum travel allowance of 1050 EUR (roughly 93,827 INR).
Know all about DAAD Scholarships!
Here are the eligibility requirements to apply for DAAD Wise Scholarship:
- The scholarship is exclusively for Indian students currently studying at the select Indian universities and colleges under this scholarship.
- You must be pursuing a course in Engineering, Mathematics and Science.
- The applicant must either in 5th or 6th semester of a 4-year degree in any of the aforementioned fields or in 5th, 6th, 7th tr 8th semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree course in Engineering, Maths or Science.
- CV along with a research proposal
- Invitation letter from a German professor/German university/German research institute.
- Approval form from a German host is mandatory.
- English Language proficiency score such as IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- Minimum of 2-years working experience.
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the home institution.
- The applicant is required to have an aggregate percentage of 85% and above in all semesters at the time of application.
How to Apply for DAAD Wise Scholarship
You can directly apply for DAAD Wise Scholarship online on the DAAD website and the applications for this scholarship generally open 6 weeks before the deadline which is November 1st, every year. You must submit all the documents and fill in correct details while submitting your application online and then send a copy of your application form to DAAD Office in New Delhi by post.
The selection of the applicants will be based on the academic achievements and overall evaluation of the applicant’s profile. The officials shortlist the candidates and announce the results in the beginning of February.
Explore more German Scholarships!
We hope that this blog familiarised with all the details you need about the DAAD Wise Scholarship. Want to study in Germany? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you explore the best university and program as well as assist you through the admission process. Sign up for a free session right away!