Want to pursue an internship in Germany? There are numerous universities in Germany offering research internships to international students to provide them with numerous opportunities to get global exposure! One such scholarship initiative by German university is Daad Wise Scholarship which is a special scholarship scheme for Indian students aspiring to explore interning opportunities at a public university in Germany. Wise stands for Working Internships in Science and Engineering and this scholarship is one of the best training programs for Indian students to intern abroad! Read this blog to know all about DAAD Wise Scholarship!
Explore our Comprehensive Guide to Study in Germany!
This Blog Includes:
About DAAD Wise Scholarship
The Daad Wise Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship which helps international students get financial aid in order to pursue research internships from research institutions.
Here are the key highlights of DAAD Wise Scholarship:
|Scholarship Provider||Germany Government Body|
|Organization||Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Applicable For||Indian Students|
|Duration||2-3 months (May to August)|
The scholarship program aims at providing financial assistance to Indian students in order to help them go under research internships at publicly funded German institutions or a research institute in the fields of science and engineering.
Rewards & Amount
Pursuing DAAD Wise Scholarship in Germany, you will be interning at a public or state-funded university or any non-research institution in the country. You will get the opportunity to work with research scholars, scientists and professors, assisting them in their research projects. The total duration of the scholarship is 3 months and it covers health, accident and personal liability insurance. It covers the expense of research. It provides a monthly scholarship of 750 euros to undergrad students and the monthly installment is calculated on a daily basis. The students also get a lump-sum travel allowance of 1050 EUR (roughly 93k INR).
Recent Changes: Important Dates and Deadlines
Here are the key dates and deadlines to remember if you intend to apply for a German DAAD scholarship in the class of 2022-2023:
- The application deadline for the DAAD Scholarship 2022 is July 15, 2022.
- Period for application review and evaluation: December 2022
- Candidates will be chosen by a selection committee in February 2023.
- Letter of Award issuance: April 2023
Candidates should keep in mind, however, that DAAD scholarships are available to students all over the world, and the application process varies from one organisation to the next. Furthermore, deadlines differ depending on the courses and your chosen German university. As a result, it is strongly advised to double-check them with your university well in advance of applying.
List of DAAD scholarships India
The DAAD provides over 100 scholarships to international students wishing to study in Germany, with approximately 25 scholarships available to Indian students. The following are a few DAAD scholarships available to Indian students:
|Name of DAAD Scholarship||Eligibility|
|Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany||Graduates, Doctoral candidates/PhD students, postdoctoral researchers|
|Research Grants – Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees / Cotutelle||Graduates, Doctoral candidates/PhD students|
|Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP)||Doctoral candidates or PhD students|
|Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists||Graduates, Postdoctoral researchers, Doctoral candidates/PhD students, and Faculties|
|Study Visits for Academics – Artists and Architects||Graduates, Postdoctoral researchers, and Faculties|
|University Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates||Undergraduates and graduates|
|Study Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture||Graduates|
|tudy Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film||Graduates|
|Study Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Music||Graduates|
|Study Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies in the Field of the Performing Arts||Graduates|
|Bilateral Exchange of Academics||Postdoctoral researchers and Faculty|
|Combined Study and Practise Stays for Engineers from Developing Countries (KOSPIE) with Indian IITs||Graduates|
|DLR-DAAD Research Fellowship Programme||Graduates, Postdoctoral researchers, Doctoral candidates/PhD students, and Faculty|
|Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)||Graduates|
|Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG)||Graduates|
|HStudy Visits by Groups of Foreign Students||Undergraduates, Graduates, Doctoral candidates/PhD students, and Faculty|
|Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE)||Undergraduates|
Know all about DAAD Scholarships!
Here are the eligibility requirements to apply for DAAD Wise Scholarship:
- The scholarship is exclusively for Indian students currently studying at the select Indian universities and colleges under this scholarship.
- You must be pursuing a course in Engineering, Mathematics and Science.
- The applicant must either in 5th or 6th semester of a 4-year degree in any of the aforementioned fields or in 5th, 6th, 7th tr 8th semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree course in Engineering, Maths or Science.
Know the Requirements To Study In Germany For Indian Students
- CV along with a research proposal
- Invitation letter from a German professor/German university/German research institute.
- Approval form from a German host is mandatory.
- English Language proficiency score such as IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- Minimum of 2-years working experience.
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the home institution.
- The applicant is required to have an aggregate percentage of 85% and above in all semesters at the time of application.
How to Apply for DAAD Wise Scholarship
An applicant must first register on the DAAD portal in order to apply for a DAAD scholarship programme. Furthermore, the applicant can apply for a DAAD scholarship online by following the steps outlined below:
- On the official website, you can access the DAAD scholarship database.
- Before proceeding to the application portal, select the scholarship you have chosen from the database and review the application requirements.
- Fill out the application completely, upload the required documents (see list below), and submit the online application form.
- Download a pdf file copy of your generated application form summary and mail it to your nearest DAAD office (along with a recent reference from your previous university teacher).
Explore more German Scholarships!
While there are numerous German scholarships available to Indian students, DAAD scholarships are an excellent way to fund further education in Germany. We hope this blog has clarified a lot about DAAD scholarships.
Tuition fees at universities are not covered by DAAD scholarships. However, while the majority of German public universities offer free courses, some locations or institutes may charge course tuition fees.
Yes, you can work part-time while studying in Germany on a DAAD scholarship, as long as it does not conflict with the purpose of your scholarship. However, approval from DAAD and your German supervisor or course coordinator is required. Furthermore, any monthly income in excess of 450 euros will be deducted from the scholarship’s monthly stipend.
We hope that this blog familiarised with all the details you need about the DAAD Wise Scholarship. Want to study in Germany? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you explore the best university and program as well as assist you through the admission process. Sign up for a free session right away!