The United Kingdom is home to the oldest universities in the world which have further opened campuses all over the world. If you are planning to study in UK but couldn’t get your study admit for some reasons, you can also apply to these UK university campuses situated across the globe and get a world-class exposure while studying in a different country! Malaysia is home some of the most esteemed UK universities offering affordable programs as well as the cost of living is also manageable here. Scroll through this blog to find the best UK universities in Malaysia that you must check out.
Check out the Top Universities in Malaysia!
This Blog Includes:
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is Malaysia’s first green campus and this UK university campus in Malaysia was founded in 2012. The campus area is 4.8 acres with a lake view. The campus construction cost was 35 million EUR. The green campus has a long strip of grass roof which is powered by solar energy and irrigated by rainwater. Its top-class education facilities and sports facilities that help in the overall growth of a student. Here are some of the key highlights about Heriot-Watt University Malaysia:
- The campus has a two-storey library and study zones to promote self-learning.
- It is partnered with many famous organisations like YTL Foundation, Malayasian Rubber Export Promotion Council (MREPC), Bank Negara Malaysia, Shell Malaysia.
- Heriot-Watt’s vision is to give its students excellent growth in both education and sports ground.
- It ranks in the top 30 according to the Guardian, 580 in Global universities and top 15 in QS rankings. It has 20% international students.
- The campus wants to transform the students to express their potential to the maximum.
- Herriot University has several notable alumni like Physicist Iain Baikie Who and the first Ghanian architect Theodore Clerk who was the developer of the Port of Tema.
- Recruiting companies include CBRE and Cushman and Wakefield.
Newcastle University Medicine, Malaysia (NUMed)
Newcastle University Medicine with its world-class staff and well-structured campus, to give students high quality medical and biomedical facilities to enhance their skills and education. It is one of the top UK universities in Malaysia. It was established in 2011. Let’s know more about Newcastle University Medicine and its campus in Malaysia:
- The university has partnered with the National Health Service (NHS) and is the first university to be fully owned by an international campus.
- Their vision is to be a world-leading university which provides top-class knowledge and enhancement of the decision-making skills.
- They are ranked #23 in The Complete University Guide, 166 Global Universities and 51 in The Guardians University Rankings.
- NUMed’s well-renowned alumni include Funke Abimbola, who is an award-winning TV Celeb, Kate Adie, who is a famous journalist and Rowan Atkinson who is a famous comedian and actor, Simon Chinn, the co-founder of Lightbox and the founder of Red Box Films.
- Recruitment companies include HTC, Hewlett-Packard and International Business Machines.
Explore MBBS in Malaysia!
University of Southampton, Malaysia
The University of Southampton Malaysia offers international students with the opportunity to study any undergraduate degree course in Engineering for 60% of the original cost of study in the UK. It also has various scholarships and some include 100% first-year fees discount for the high achiever applicants. Here are the key highlights of this UK university in Malaysia:
- The campus maintains the top-class laboratories, studios, libraries and study rooms to support a student.
- There is a sports field, swimming pool, gym to encourage a healthy lifestyle in students.
- When it comes to rankings, the university ranks at #90 in QS, #97 in Global Universities, #23 in The Guardian.
- The University of Southampton’s notable alumni include Adrian Newey, who is an engineer and the chief technical officer of RedBull Racing F1 Team, Justine Greening, who is a former British Secretary of State for Education and a Member of Parliament, Bruce Tulloh, who is an athlete, Jon Sopel, who is a British Television Presenter for BBC World News.
- The major recruitment companies are Samsung, Apple, Google, Microsoft.
Must Read: Top Colleges in Malaysia
University of Reading, Malaysia
The University of Reading is one of the world’s finest leading universities and a top UK University in Malaysia, with excellent research and academic growth. The university was established in 1926 and is an extension of the University of Oxford. The University offers a wide range of programmes. It is also home to the Henley Business School which is a well-known triple accredited school in Malaysia.
- The university offers an exciting learning environment for students opting for its Malaysian campus and the UoRM vision aims to help students thrive in the competitive world with their innovativeness and ingenuity.
- It has a main library with 24/7 online access to academic resources and books.
- It ranks 62 on The Guardians, 205 on QS, 327 in Global Universities, 39 in The Complete University Guide, 201-250 in Times Higher Education, and 201-300 in ARWU Shanghai Rankings.
- The notable alumni include Jamie Cullum, who is an English Jazz-Pop singer, songwriter and radio jockey, Arthur Brown, who is an English Rock singer. Anna Watkins, who is Olympic winning rower, Laura Tobin who is a meteorologist and worked with BBC.
- The top recruitment companies are Google, FedEx, Intel, BOSCH.
Also Read: Employment Pass Malaysia
University of Nottingham, Malaysia
The University of Nottingham was established in 1928 as a public college. It is ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide. They are known for their groundbreaking research and global partnerships that help to nurture the students.
- The campus includes a sports centre, swimming pool, shops and food outlets.
- Around 97% of research in the university is recognized globally and 80% of their research studies are world-leading and highly acclaimed projects.
- It ranks 38 on The Guardians, 99 on QS, 20 in The Complete University Guide, 158 in Times Higher Education, and 101-150 in ARWU Shanghai Rankings.
- The notable alumni include Jeff Randall, an English business journalist, D.H. Lawrence, a famous English poet and writer. Sir Clive Granger, a 2003 Nobel Prize Winner for Economic Science.
- The top recruitment companies are Bank of America, Deloitte, Thomson Reuters, IBM and Bloomberg.
Malaysia should be on your top list if you are searching for the best and affordable UK university campuses around the world! Finding a course that is your ideal call can be a difficult task due to lack of information. Worry not as our experts at Leverage Edu will guide you through the process and help you in your admission process. Click here to book your free counselling.