Equipped with world-class universities and economical educational costs, Malaysia is consistently emerging as a preferred destination for studying abroad. Especially when it comes to the field of medicine, the country assures a deeply embedded exposure to become a certified medical practitioner with the Malaysian medical universities. The universities are ranked among the top 200 high-class educational institutions maintaining higher standards of education and infinite prospects in the field of medicine. So, when it comes to exploring a career in medicine, pursuing an MBBS in Malaysia is a good choice as you will get to experience the widely colossal field of medicine under the guidance of top medical faculties and exposure to the practical field.
If you are still wondering whether or not to opt for MBBS in Malaysia, let’s take a look at the process of pursuing an undergraduate degree in medicine, the universities offering MBBS and the colossal advantages of choosing Malaysia for an MBBS in Malaysia.
MBBS in Malaysia: An Overview
An MBBS degree in Malaysia comprises of a 5-year long course that consists of pre-clinical training and clinical training.
- Pre-Clinical Training comprises of learning theoretical basics of medical sciences for a period of two years.
- Clinical Training is divided into two phases:
In the first year, the students undergo the process of learning clinical skills.
For the remaining two years, every student is allotted work at the University’s clinical campuses for gaining overall real-time experience as a medical trainee.
Further, if you are aiming for specialisation, you have to first gather experience, working as a medical officer and opt for a postgraduate degree as well as a supervised and comprehensive training in your chosen specialisation which will take another 4-5 years.
Requirements for Applying for MBBS in Malaysia
While the entry requirements for every university might vary, following are the basic requirements for pursuing MBBS in Malaysia:
- For A-Levels & STPM:
Essential Requirement of BBB/ABC/AAC in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
- As per Australian Matriculation:
ATAR (including Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology): 80
- Indian Pre-university:
70% average in aggregate as well as in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
- Foundation in Science:
At least CGPA of 3 in Physics/Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry along with 5Bs or equivalent majorly in SPM consisting of Physics, Mathematics/Additional Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Top Malaysian Universities to pursue MBBS in Malaysia
There are various universities offering MBBS in Malaysia and below mentioned are the best ones:
- International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur
- Newcastle University of Medicine
- Penang Medical College
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences
- Monash University
- MAHSA University
- RCSI & USD Medical College
- Asian Institute of Medical, Science & Technology
- Lincoln University College
- Kolej Perbatan Manipal Meraka
- Widad University
Why You Should Pursue MBBS in Malaysia?
Being a multicultural hub, Malaysia has been considered as a key study abroad destination with its focus on enhancing its educational institutions and its objective to provide higher education at reasonable costs with plenty of opportunities and prospects to explore after completing one’s education. Here are the reasons why Malaysia is an ideal fit for discovering the field and pursuing a career in medicine.
- Malaysian Universities are highly ranked educational institutions with a blended approach of theoretical and practical learning under the guidance of best of the international faculties.
- Malaysian Universities have several scholarship programs for Indian students.
- A major part of the Malaysian population speaks English and the MBBS course is also completely taught in English.
- The estimated cost for a 5-year MBBS is approximately between RM 250, 000 and RM 650, 000 (42 Lacs to 1 Crore). Moreover, living and accommodation costs are low.
To explore more, check out our exclusive and comprehensive blog on Study in Malaysia.
Getting more curious and convinced about choosing Malaysia for your MBBS? Don’t wait up! Our superb mentors and counsellors at Leverage Edu can guide you through the process of getting clarity on choosing the right university for you in Malaysia for MBBS to sorting the living costs and accommodations.