King’s College London, also known as KCL is a public research university that was founded in 1829 by Arthur Wellesley and King George IV. King’s has a strong history of inspiring and supporting individuals who aspire to tackle the world’s most pressing problems. The college holds a distinguished global reputation in the disciplines of humanities, law, medicine, psychiatry, science, dentistry, social sciences and nursing. King’s was also home to 14 notable Nobel Prize winners. They have a transformation impact on society from research that led to the discovery of the structure of DNA and informing air pollution awareness. Let’s explore more about Kings College London admissions, top programs, rankings, and more!
|Campus||Strand Campus (Founding campus of King’s)|
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, fellowships, loans, and student jobs are all available|
Know everything about the upcoming Intakes in UK for 2022
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at the Kings College London?
- Kings College London Rankings
- Kings College London Admission Deadlines 2022
- Kings College London Admissions Acceptance Rate
- Top Courses to Study at King’s College London
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- How to Apply
- Cost of Studying Kings College London
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Why Study at the Kings College London?
Discover why you should consider King’s, from the cutting-edge research to their global connections.
- According to The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, King’s is rated sixth in the United Kingdom.
- King’s is ranked fourth in the UK and 31st globally for graduate employability, making it the ideal stepping stone for you to advance your career.
- King’s research is rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally exceptional’ creating the ideal environment for you to learn how to challenge convention, make an impact, and alter people’s lives.
- You will also become a part of King’s 194,000-strong global alumni network after you graduate from King’s. While you’re here, you’ll also have the chance to network with King’s graduates in London in order to develop your career.
Kings College London Rankings
Before we explore more about the King’s College London, let’s take a look at some of its incredible rankings:
|THE World University Rankings||#35||2022|
|QS World University Rankings||#35||2022|
|Best Global Universities by US News & World Report||#33||2021|
|Best Global Universities in Europe by US News & World Report||#7||2022|
|Best Global Universities in Europe by UK News & World Report||#6||2022|
|Graduate Employability by QS World University Rankings||#68||2022|
Kings College London Admission Deadlines 2022
Admissions offers are made on a rolling basis for all programmes. Submit your application as early as possible. Enrollment in most of the programmes is limited.
Undergraduate Admissions Deadlines
|January 2, 2021||Applications open|
|September 15, 2021||International applicants (deadline)|
|January 2022||Classes begin|
Postgraduate Admissions Deadlines January 2022
|January 2, 2021||Applications open|
|August 31, 2021||International applicants (final deadline)Scholarships application due|
|January 2022||Classes begin|
Kings College London Admissions Acceptance Rate
In the last 5 years, King’s acceptance rates have ranged from 13 to 15%. This figure fluctuates depending on the number of overseas students interested in studying at King’s and the course to which they apply. To be admitted to the school, international applicants must have the same qualifications as UK students.
Top Courses to Study at King’s College London
|Name of Programme||Admission Requirements|
|Master of Science (M.Sc) Cyber Security||This requires students to have a Bachelor’s degree in one of the two subjects mentioned below. Students should have subjects with a minimum aggregate of 60%. The list of subjects includes physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, mathematics and computer science.|
|Master of Science (M.Sc) Financial Mathematics||This degree requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or any mathematics-based subject. They should have a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Master of Arts (M.A) Big Data in Culture and Society||Students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, English or any Arts related course. They should have a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Master of Laws (L.L.M) International Business Law||Students are required to have an undergraduate degree in law with a high overall average of 65%|
|MBBS||The University conducts a University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)|
|Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) General Engineering||Mathematics|
Here’s everything to know about studying LLM at King’s College London
King’s College London has specified certain prerequisites for their courses that every student must meet to be eligible for the program. Though actual course requirements might vary as per the program, here are the general prerequisites for undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by King’s College London.
Entry Requirements for UG Courses
- Meeting their GPA prerequisites and SAT exam is mandatory for every applicant. Both of these criteria demonstrate the academic potential of the prospective student.
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP) also play an important role in the evaluation of the application.
- International students have been mandated to undertake an English proficiency test like the standardised IELTS, TOEFL, Level/IGCSE/GCSE grade C, etc. to show one’s command over the language.
Entry Requirements for PG Courses
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with the qualifying marks mentioned under the requirements of your chosen course
- English language test scores of IELTS/TOEFL, etc
- GMAT/GRE/LSA (law courses) /MCAT (medical courses) scores
- SOP and LORs
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at Kings College London in 2022:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Parental understanding structure to study with us (marked by parent or guardian)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
How to Apply
Start the application process by login into UCAS with the “Apply Now“ button to access the application and create an account. The application fee renders for undergraduates is 20 GBP for one course and 26 GBP (INR 2,000 – 2,600) and postgraduates are 70 – 100 GBP (INR 6,980 – 9,927). Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website of King’s College London.
Select your desired course and register with UCAS. Discover the course through the course finder. Learn all about the university’s placement records, tuition fee for UG and PG, living costs, course curriculum and work permit rules before applying. Get in touch with Leverage Edu professionals if you are facing issues in gathering this data and fulfilling your dream of studying abroad.
Step 2: Gather Test Scores and Supporting Documents
Exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype. LOR, SOP, bank statements, passport, UK students visa, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Note: Register for Leverage Live and commence with your IELTS preparations today.
Step 3: Start Applying
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission at King’s College London, make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 4: Evaluation of the Application
The evaluation of the application takes a few weeks. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidizing, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Cost of Studying Kings College London
The table below will assist you in determining the costs of attending King’s College-
|Expenses||Cost of Studying|
|Tuition Fee||For residents – 7,928 GBP (INR 7,97,372)
For international students – 12,857 GBP (INR 12,93,114)
|Orientation||160 GBP (INR 16,092)|
|Food||3,500 GBP (INR 3,52,018)|
|Books and Stationery||1,400 GBP (INR 1,40,807)|
|Residence||3,800 GBP (INR 3,82,191)|
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. Students are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
- ATAS certificates (for ATAS courses)
- Health surcharge and Tier-4 visa application fee which is 300 GBP (INR 30,173) and 348 GBP (INR 35,000).
King’s has a particularly renowned reputation in the humanities, law, sciences (including a wide range of health subjects like psychiatry, medicine, nursing, and dentistry), and social sciences (including foreign affairs).
King’s College London, ranked 35th in the world, is one of England’s oldest and most prestigious colleges (QS World University Rankings 2022). It is a major research university with a strong reputation for excellent teaching and cutting-edge research.
Interested applicants can apply for one or more programmes in psychology, humanities, law, medicine, mathematics, and other disciplines. Indian students must have a high school grade point average of 85%-90%, with at least 80 per cent in mathematics.
King’s is situated in one of the world’s most costly cities. You will have to pay for airfare, rent, food, books, society activities, and a few nights out in town as a student.
International undergraduate degree-seeking students can apply for merit-based scholarships worth up to $20,000 at King’s College. Based on excellent academic performance and full-time enrollment, the scholarships are renewable for all four years of study.
We hope that our blog has given you all of the information you need concerning admissions to King’s College London. Are you having trouble deciding which study abroad program is best for you? Contact our Leverage Edu consultants for comprehensive assistance in getting admission to your desired college. Now is the greatest time to contact us for a free consultation!