Do you feel impressed by the prospect of working in an industry that may involve a lot of travel? Would be enthusiastic to explore the world while you and get to experience newer aspects of life? If travel is your passion and management is what you are good at, then, a career in Travel and Tourism Management might be perfect for you! Being a rapidly expanding and highly dynamic industry, travel and tourism achieved significant heights in the past few years. With immense career opportunities underway, you can explore a lot of interesting career opportunities in this field. Hence, through this blog, we would help you in exploring how to make a career in travel and tourism.
This Blog Includes:
Understanding Travel and Tourism Management
Since the Travel and Tourism industry is an arena wherein most of the jobs that one undertakes are certainly client-facing and involve a certain extent of interaction, courses in this sphere involve various studies in the domain of Communication and Writing skills, Critical Reasoning, and Presentation. Building on these fundamentals, the courses undertake certain papers on the Fundamentals of Tourism, its History, Ecotourism, Environmental Management, Business Statistics, Aviation Management, Airport Management, Introduction to Hospitality, Business Research Methods, Human Resource Management, Travel Agency and Tourism Management, Innovative Practises in Tourism and Event Management. So, those who are looking forward to broadening their understanding in respect to international tourism and want to extend their base by furthering their careers in travel and tourism, this course would be highly rewarding for you.
Popular Travel and Tourism Management Courses
To progress in the field of Travel and Tourism, there are certain pathways that might seem fit for your future ventures. You can directly get yourselves enrolled in a Travel and Tourism course after 12th that would give you the key information necessary at the bachelor’s level. But if you have the zeal to learn the managerial skills required for the tourism sector along with an in-depth learning about the functioning of international tourism, consider going for master’s or doctoral level courses.
Some of the popular courses in Travel and Tourism Management have been listed below:
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Economic Development via Tourism
- BSc in Tourism
- BSc in Hotel and Tourism Management
- BSc in Recreation, Sport and Tourism
- BSc in Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BSc in Airlines, Tourism, and Management
- BSc in Sustainable Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- BA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA in Tourism Administration
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism
- MSc in Leisure, Tourism and Environment
- MS in Sustainable Tourism
- MS in Tourism Management
- MA in Tourism, Environment and Development
- PhD in Recreation, Sport and Tourism
To know more about the education and preparation needed to work in Travel and Tourism, read our comprehensive blog on Travel and Tourism courses.
Top Global Universities
Not only does the travel and tourism industry involve a thorough study of the subject matter under consideration but also requires one to perfect their skills relating such as leadership, problem-solving, customer-focused approach, ability to work deadlines and team working. So, when you get yourself enrolled in a course in travel and tourism management in one of the top universities around the world, you can nurture your skills in the best possible way.
- New York University
- University of Illinois
- King’s College London
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Boston University
- Wageningen University and Research Centre
- Michigan State University
- University of Gloucestershire
- The University of Queensland
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- University of Groningen
- Monash University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Michigan State University
What Jobs Can I get With Travel and Tourism Management Degree?
Travel and Tourism Management students are taught business concepts specific to the travel industry and they can take up courses in Human Resources, Media Relations, Facilities Management and Financial Strategies. Besides, this overseas education provides internship opportunities for international students prior to graduation. From working in multidimensional roles in the hotel industry and providing premium services to the customers, to employing your art of storytelling to provide tour guides to people, there are numerous jobs in Travel and Tourism. Joining at the executive level, you can extend your career and make your way into great portfolios in top-notch institutions.
Some of the prospective job avenues that you may consider are after completing courses in Travel and Tourism Management include:
- Travel Agent: Your role as a Travel Agent allows you to plan a trip including flights, car rentals and accommodations. Also, you should have knowledge about weather, traditions and tourist attractions of popular destinations. An assistance must have good networking and customer service skills to build and maintain a clientele base.
- Travel Manager: A Travel Coordinator or Manager organises the travel arrangement of large organisations such as non-profits or universities. From booking flights on commercial or private jets, reserving conference rooms, supervising support staff in forwarding information, the role of a Travel Manager is endless.
- Lodging Manager: Lodging Managers are responsible for operating resorts, hotels and motels and are in charge of overseeing the complete operation. Larger landmarks may have separate managers for food services, housekeeping and human resources while small motels may only have one General Manager.
Besides these, other profiles that you can consider in Travel and Tourism Management include Tour Manager, Event Manager, Holiday Representative, Tourism Officer, Air Cabin Crew, Property Manager, etc.
Navigating tourists through the travel destinations and offering them the history of the art and architecture, a job or a business in Travel and Tourism Management would help you find your way into the world. And if you have any doubts and inhibitions, then our experts at Leverage Edu can figure things out for you.