If you are someone who has just graduated from school, the choices, opportunities, and courses to opt for are endless. someone who enjoys the prospect of travel or even meeting new people for that matter, a travel and tourism course after 12th can be the right choice for you.
Wondering if a travel and tourism course after 12th will meet your expectations or not? Is it the right course for your long-term career goals? Will it bring the success you wish for? Well, let’s find out!
WHY PURSUE A TRAVEL AND TOURISM COURSE AFTER 12TH?
In the present world, people are constantly on the lookout for new destinations to travel to, adventures to be a part of and the possibility of exploring in order to break everyday monotony. In a concrete world that is marked by cubicles and grey spaces, people are always feeling a hark back to the hills and the beaches in order to escape reality and be a part of nature’s serendipity. That’s why the travel and tourism sector is currently booming at an unprecedented rate and this demand will only increase in the near future. It is also one of the most revenue-generating sectors that have a demand for more and more professionals to cater to the various demands of its customers.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS FOR PURSUING TRAVEL AND TOURISM COURSE AFTER 12TH
For pursuing any course, one must possess the aptitude or skills necessary for that field. In the case of travel and tourism course after 12th as well you must possess a few necessary skills before you dive into the field.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills since the job demands interaction with people from different parts of the world.
- You must also be patient because interaction with different sets of people can be a challenging task.
- You must also have a keen interest in learning and updating your knowledge as you go.
TRAVEL AND TOURISM AFTER 12TH- UNDERGRADUATE COURSES
There are a number of travel and tourism courses that you can pursue after 12th. These are-
- B.Sc. in Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- B. SC – Airlines, Tourism, and Management
- B.A. – Travel & Tourism Management
- B.A. – Tourism Administration
- BTM – Bachelor of Tourism Management
- B.A. – Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
- BBA in Tourism Management
- Bachelors Of Tourism Studies (BTS)
- BBA – Travel and Tourism
TOP COLLEGES TO PURSUE TRAVEL AND TOURISM COURSE AFTER 12TH
A number of universities offer various courses in travel and tourism. The best among these are-
- Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, USA – Arizona State University offers a Bachelor of Science program in Tourism Development and Management as well as a Bachelors of Science in Tourism Development and Management (Meetings and Events).
- University of Adelaide, Australia– The University offers its students a degree in Bachelor of Science that specializes in Ecotourism.
- Murdoch University, Australia– Murdoch University, located in Australia, offers Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Tourism and Events, Bachelors of Business in Hospitality and Tourism Management and Bachelors of Commerce in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Centennial College, Canada- This college in Canada offers diploma courses. The two courses offered in the field of travel and tourism are Diploma in Tourism- Travel Services Management and an Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Administration.
- Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand– This University offers over 4 courses in travel and management – Bachelor of International Management in Tourism, Bachelor of International Tourism Management in Destination Management, Bachelor of International Tourism Management in Travel Management, and Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism.
SCOPE AFTER A TRAVEL AND TOURISM COURSE AFTER 12TH
If you are planning to pursue a travel and tourism course after 12th, you will surely be wondering about the job opportunities that you will have after completion of the course. Here is a list of the various job opportunities in the travel and tourism sector:
- Food Crafting Institutions
- Airspector travel
- Ships and cruise
- Tour Operators
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Airlines Resort/Spas
- Hotel and Hospitality
- Facilities Management Service
- Event Management
- National and International Food agencies
- Adventure Tourism
- Institutional and Hospital Catering
- Transport/ Logistics
Being one of the biggest revenue-generating sectors, Travel and Tourism promises a highly lucrative career. Making a decision that will govern the choices you make and the work you engage in for the next 20-30 years of your life can be stressful. Thus, you don’t have to make a hasty decision; with the help of mentors and counsellors at Leverage Edu you can make a well-informed decision which is suited to your aptitude.