A bachelor of arts in Culinary Arts is an undergraduate program for a duration of 3 years which trains young aspiring chefs in the culinary aspects and makes them qualified and expert chiefs with an ability to work under supervision in various top organizations. There are many top institutions that offer a bachelor of arts in culinary arts to help you in developing skills to become an expert chef. If you want to know more about the BA culinary arts course such as why pursue culinary arts, the admission process, top universities around the globe and much more then keep reading!
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts|
|Eligibility requirements||10+2 or its equivalent exam from any
discipline with 50% marks.
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Average salary||INR 2,00,000-4,00,000 per annum|
|Average fees||INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000 per annum|
This Blog Includes:
- Why pursue BA in Culinary Arts?
- BA Culinary Arts Eligibility
- BA Culinary Arts Syllabus
- Top Colleges for BA Culinary Arts in India
- Top Universities for BA Culinary Arts Abroad
- Admission Process
- BA Culinary Arts Job Profiles
- BA Culinary Arts Salary
Why pursue BA in Culinary Arts?
There are many top universities that offer a BA in culinary arts as there are a plethora of benefits after completion of the course.
- More Employment Opportunities: The main reason for the popularity of this course is the availability of career opportunities after completion of the course. Nowadays there is a gradual increase in the demand for graduates of culinary arts in every corporate and firm.
- Salary: Another thing that attracts most people to opt for a BA in Culinary Arts is the high packages offered by top organizations. Most graduates receive an average salary of INR 2 to 8 lakhs per annum.
- Skills: While pursuing a course, there is a major development in the skillset and after completion of the course expert chefs are made.
- Further Career Scope: After completing a bachelor’s in culinary arts, you can also begin your own hotel, club, cafe and restaurant.
BA Culinary Arts Eligibility
In order to get into a BA Culinary Arts course, the candidates must fulfil the following requirements
- If you want to pursue a BA in culinary arts, then you should have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent exam from any discipline with 50% marks.
- An ideal candidate for this course must also have the required skills and knowledge about hotel management. These attributes are tested as a part of the entrance exam.
- To pursue BA Culinary Arts abroad, you may be required to submit English Language test scores.
To pursue BA Culinary Arts in India, you must pass the entrance exams. There are numerous colleges that take admission for bachelor’s in culinary arts on the basis of merit. For this admission, procedure candidates are analyzed by the marks obtained in class 10+2 board exams. However, some reputed universities conduct entrance exams to take admissions. Some of the entrance exams held in India are
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University Entrance Exam||Lovely Professional University Entrance Exam|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management Entrance Exam||Manipal University Entrance Exam|
BA Culinary Arts Syllabus
The syllabus for BA culinary arts varies in different universities depending on their curriculum. This is a common syllabus from various universities:
|Planning & Managing Food Production||Customer Service|
|World Food||Contemporary Gastronomy|
|Contemporary Gastronomy||Creative Patisserie|
|Menu Planning & Product Development||Product Development|
|Food & Beverage Operations Management||Food Safety Management|
|Brand Management||Contemporary Hospitality + Marketing|
|Finance in Hospitality||–|
|Research project||Rooms Divisions Operations Management|
|Work Based Experience||The Developing Manager + Human Resources Management|
|research project||Strategic Management|
Top Colleges for BA Culinary Arts in India
Some of the popular colleges in India that offer BA in Culinary Arts are:
|Name of the College||Average Fees|
|Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management||₹ 46.4 K|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||₹ 3.65 K|
|University of Mysore||–|
|St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai||₹ 72.5 K|
|Kuvempu University||₹ 51.55 K|
|PRSU – Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University||₹ 7.29 K|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||–|
|Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University||₹ 10.9 K|
|Kerala University||₹ 2.56 K|
Top Universities for BA Culinary Arts Abroad
Some of the popular institutions for BA Culinary Arts abroad are:
|Name of the University||Location|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|University of Oxford||United Kingdom|
|University College London (UCL)||the United Kingdom|
|University of California||Berkeley (UCB), the US|
|University of California||Los Angeles (UCLA), the US|
|Sapienza University of Rome||Rome, Italy|
If you wish to pursue BA Culinary Arts abroad then you can reach out to Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Here’s a list of the documents required for pursuing xyz at any of the above-mentioned universities:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate for UK Universities
- Financial Evidence
- Portfolio or writing samples if required
BA Culinary Arts Job Profiles
Another main reason for opting for BA in culinary arts is the plethora of employment opportunities in government as well as the private sector. Further another opportunity that unfolds is that this course enables you to begin your own hotel, club, cafe and restaurant. Some top organisations or fields where you can get recruited are
- Catering firms
- Cruise lines
BA Culinary Arts Salary
You can get high packages offered by top recruiters across the globe. An average salary after completion of the course of culinary arts is as follows
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary|
|Cooks and assistants||INR 3,59,150|
|Food stylist||INR 1,93,084|
|Kitchen/ culinary manager||INR 4,09,589|
|Catering manager||INR 2,66,967|
|Food scientist||INR 3,59,150|
Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts is an undergraduate course of a duration of 3 years that is specialized in training aspiring chefs to build a career as an entrepreneur in the kitchen as well as in restaurant management.
After completing BA in Culinary Arts, students get employed in government as well as private sectors as a chef or managers.
Yes, recently Delhi University introduced a society for foodies also known as Culinary Arts Society or CAS.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.