If you are planning to study in the UK and looking for some financial assistance, then this scholarship program is an amazing opportunity for you. The University of Edinburgh offers the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship to meritorious students to pursue postgraduate studies in MSc Global Food Security & Nutrition. This blog will cover all the aspects of the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship, from the eligibility criteria to the application process and more!
This Blog Includes:
|Name||Richard Davidson Scholarship|
|University||University of Edinburgh|
|Course level||Post graduate|
|Award||£1,500 per year (INR 1.50 lakhs)|
|Application deadline||28th June 2021|
About the Richard Davidson Scholarship
The Richard Davidson Award offers one scholarship to complete a PG Certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition (online) in 2021-2022. The scholarship provides funding for a PG Certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition, that is equivalent to 1 year of the PG Diploma and MSc Global Food Security & Nutrition (online) programmes. The Richard Davidson Award aims to support a variety of young professionals looking to become leaders in the field of Food Security and Nutrition. The aim of the MSc in Global Food Security and Nutrition is to develop skills to analyse Food Systems and provide training to critically assess issues relating to Food Security.
Rewards and Value
The University of Edinburgh offers 2 scholarships with the award amount of £1,500 annually, under the Richard Davidson Award to students pursuing Postgraduate Certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition (online).
This is equivalent to one year of the PG Diploma and MSc Global Food Security & Nutrition (online) and 3 core courses. One essential aspect of this scholarship is that it should be completed within one academic year.
- Applicants should have applied for the PGCert., PGDip., or MSc. in Global Food Security and Nutrition (online) commencing within the 2020-2021 year.
- Applicants should have firmly accepted their offer of admission before applying for the scholarship.
- The scholarship award will be determined by academic qualifications, 5 essay questions and the interview round.
- To avail the scholarship, submitting the proof of English proficiency is a prerequisite. All candidates must satisfy the minimum score mentioned below in the Language Proficiency Test:
Here is a list of the documents that the students are required to submit to avail the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and awards
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement of purpose (SOP)
- A copy of the student’s passport
In order to be considered for the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship, applicants have to answer the following questions and mail them to the concerned authorities, by the deadline of 28th June 2021. The questions are as follows:
- What excites you about food, and the experiences you have had around food or farming that relate to your desire to study food security?(400 words)
- What are your leadership skills and give us an example of how you have used these to facilitate a specific change? (400 words)
- What challenges have you faced in your education and how have you sought to overcome them? (200 words)
- How will the skills you learn at the University of Edinburgh benefit your community or country? Are there specific food-related issues you would like to help change? (300 words)
- What do you see as the positives of online study and what problems can you envisage? How would you overcome those problems? (200 words)
- These questions are to be mailed to Food and Nutrition. Applicants should use the following email Subject: “GFSN Scholarship application 2021” and include their “Application ID” in the mail.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. They will receive an email containing the date and other information regarding the interview. The interview will be approximately 30 minutes long, and the panel will ask you questions related to the scholarship and your future plans regarding the field. This interview will provide you an opportunity to ask key questions and ensure that the PG Certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition (online) at the University of Edinburgh is the right program for you.
- Chevening Scholarship India 2021
- Scholarships for Indian Students
- GREAT Scholarship 2021
- Commonwealth Scholarship- UG, PG, PhD
The Richard Davidson Award Scholarship is offered to meritorious students to complete postgraduate certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition. A scholarship amount of £1,500 per year (INR 1.50 lakhs) is granted to the beneficiary.
The Richaard Davidson Award Scholarship 2023 application can be sent by visiting the offical website. Interested students can answer the questions asked for the scholarship and mail them to the concerned authorities. The applications have to be sent before the deadline: 26 August 2022.
The deadline for the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship has expired. The last specified date by the University of Edinburgh was 26 August 2022.
This was all the relevant information and essential details regarding the Richard Davidson Award Scholarship. Hope we were able to help! Planning to pursue your higher studies in the UK? Reach out to our study abroad experts at Leverage Edu . We will help you through the admission process of your dream university along with sorting out other details like scholarships, visa and education loans. Sign up for a free session with us now!