With a wide range of universities, diverse academic programs, top-notch faculty, and a chance to gain international exposure, pursuing overseas education can be fruitful. However, managing the tuition fees and living expenses can be challenging for some. In such scenarios, scholarships can be a great source of help! Read this comprehensive blog on study abroad scholarships which you can consider in order to pursue higher education!
This Blog Includes:
- What are the Different Types of Scholarships Offered Abroad?
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
- CEA Study Abroad Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- IES Study Abroad Scholarships
- AAUW International Fellowships
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarship
- Other Popular Study Abroad Scholarships
What are the Different Types of Scholarships Offered Abroad?
Before we delve deeper into the list of the most popular study abroad scholarships, let us first understand the ways in which a scholarship or an aid can be provided.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship Program is one of the popular and prestigious scholarships for overseas education. Funded by the US Government and Implemented by the Institute of International Education, it is offered to the undergraduate students who are Federal Pell Grant holders and are citizens of the US. For the year 2020, close to 5,000 USD will be disbursed to prospective candidates who wish to study or intern in an array of countries abroad.
CEA Study Abroad Scholarships
Cultural Experiences Abroad or CEA offers a wide range of merit/need-based, faculty-led programs, affiliate, and more such study abroad scholarships for students coming from diverse backgrounds. With an objective to make education accessible to all, the scholarship amounts offered by CEA range between $400 – $2000. Parameters like personal essays, letters of recommendation, and GPA are considered to award the scholarships to prospective candidates. Enlisted below are some of the scholarships it offers:
- Global Education
- Global Career
- Generation Study Abroad
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Chris Town Scholarship
- Diversity Scholarships, etc.
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Offered to those who have been granted admission to undergradute or postgraduate programs of Newcastle University, the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is one of the most popular study abroad scholarships for Indian students. A partial aid of £3,000 covering 1-year tuition fees is provided to the prospective candidates.
IES Study Abroad Scholarships
The Institute for the International Education of Students or IES abroad is another entrant to our list of study abroad scholarships. In order to make your entire educational journey and experience quite affordable, the group offers scholarships in major subjects including, Art & History, Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Geography, STEM courses, Urban Studies, etc covering universities of various countries. The scholarships are available round the year and the deadline varies. Some of the remarkable grants include:
- Barbara A. Barker Vienna Summer Internship Scholarship
- Disability Grants
- Ezio & Fiammetta Vergani Endowed Scholarship
- HACU – IES Abroad Need-Based Scholarships
- HBCU Tuition & Travel Grant
- The John and Ann Gearen Endowed Scholarship
- David Porter Need-Based Diversity Scholarship
- University of Auckland Study Abroad Scholarships
AAUW International Fellowships
If you want to pursue a career in Research, then this fellowship is what you can aim for. It is awarded to only women candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree and are non-US residents/citizens. Ranging from $18,000–$30,000 (based on the level of education), it is a golden opportunity for those who want to expand their careers in the field of Business, Arts, or Scientific fields.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarship
Ranging between $200 to $1,000, AIFS offers a plethora of scholarships covering various domains. Based on the level of education, eligibility, and course, the amount offered can cover the semester fee, 50% of the total academic costs, or 1-year expenses. Some of their popular and effective scholarships include;
- Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
- Generation Study Abroad Limerick Scholarship
- Sir Cyril Taylor Legacy Scholarship
- Cyril Taylor Memorial Scholarship for Study in the UK
- Diversity Abroad Achievement Scholarship
- Diversity Abroad Overseas Ambassador Scholarship
- AIFS-HACU Scholarship
- John S. Linakis Scholarship
- Russel R. Taylor Foundation Scholarship
- AIFS Family Discount
- Boren Scholarship Match
- Fund for Education Abroad Scholarship Match
- Gilman Scholarship Match
They offer grants too, which includes;
- Affiliate Grant
- U.S. Veterans Grant
- Study Again with AIFS Grant
Other Popular Study Abroad Scholarships
Now that you are familiar with most of the popular scholarships, let’s go-ahead & know another study abroad scholarships for the year 2021.
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- The Go Overseas Study Abroad Scholarship
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship
- Churchill Foundation Scholarship
- The BEST (BUNAC Educational Scholarship Trust) Scholarship
- MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship
- The Cornaro Scholarship
- CAPA Scholarships
- The Intern Group Scholarships
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Sol Education Abroad Scholarships
- USAC Scholarships
- Fulbright Program Grants
- Scotts Cheap Flights Scholarship
Exploring study abroad scholarships? Not sure how to go about it? Let the professionals at Leverage Edu take care of your academic journey! Reach out to our experts through an E-meeting and get assistance in not only finding the most suitable scholarship/financial aid but also in completing the application formalities!