Having been featured at the top in FT European Business School Rankings 2020 and many of its globally acclaimed universities ranked at the top in world rankings, France has emerged as a top study destination for international students. Home to bustling metropolises, striking culture and internationally renowned schools, the country has been a preferred choice of many aspiring to pursue higher studies abroad! Planning to study in France? Scroll through this blog to find the complete list of government and university scholarships in France!
This Blog Includes:
- List of Scholarships in France 2021
- French Government Scholarships
- University Scholarships in France
List of Scholarships in France 2021
|Scholarship Name||Offered By||Eligibility|
|The Charpak Scholarship Programme||Embassy of France||International students enrolled in research internships, exchange programs, master’s degree programs.|
|The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programmes||European Union||Students enrolled in any educational institution in any of the EU countries.|
|Shikhar Thales Scholarship Programme||Franco – Indian Education Trust||Indian students who are eligible to pursue a master’s degree level program in France.|
|Bahman Samandari Scholarship Programme||The candidate must be pursuing a Master’s, exchange of short-term study program in France in the field of Culinary Arts, and must be at least 18 years of age.|
|Amba – Dalmia Scholarship Programme||This is for women candidates who are pursuing a Master’s level internship or short-term programs in the related fields in France & must be of at least 18 years.|
|École Normale Supérieure International Selection||École Normale Supérieure||International students who wish to pursue a master’s in science, arts & humanities. Monthly grant of 1000 euros for 3 years.|
|Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon||ENS Lyon||Offered to excellent international students who are enrolled into an eligible Masters Programme at ENS de Lyon. Monthly grant of 1000 euros for only 1 year.|
|Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University||Science Po University||Offered to students who qualify the admission requirements of the Sciences Po University.|
|Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships||Paris-Saclay University||The students must be enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s program and must be less than 30 years of age.|
|Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships||Grenoble Institute of Technology||Offered to excellent international Master’s degree students and the candidate must be less than 28 years of age. This scholarship is 5000 euros per semester.|
French Government Scholarships
With the aim to promote education and increase the reach of French Universities, the French government offers a number of scholarship opportunities to its international students. There are an array of French government scholarships you can explore which are funded by either the government or in collaborations with other public organisations. Here is a list of the top Scholarships in France extended by the French government or other public organisations.
|The Charpak Scholarship Programme||Embassy of France|
|The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programmes||European Union|
|Shikhar Thales scholarship programme||Franco – Indian Education Trust|
|Bahman Samandari scholarship programme|
|Amba- Dalmia scholarship programme|
Must Read: Intake in France
The Charpak Scholarship Programme is extended by the Embassy of France and is named after the renowned French Physicist Georges Charpak. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1992. This Scholarship in France is offered to undergraduate and graduate-level students enrolled in the following programmes.
- Research Internships
- Exchange programmes
- Master’s Degree Programmes
All those International students who wish to apply for a university in France are eligible for this French embassy scholarship.
Check Out: Scholarships in Canada for Masters
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The ERASMUS+ is a programme launched by the European Union with the aim to support education, training and skill development. It is offered to all the eligible students who are enrolled in any educational institution in any of the EU countries. Also, the university must be located in an Erasmus+ Program country. Here are the various Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in France and other EU countries:
- Education Future International Scholarship – Bachelors and masters level (Open to all courses)
- Sri Ratanji Dalal Research Scholarship – PhD in a topic related to Tropical Surgery or Tropical Medicine.
- Keith and Dorothy Mackay Postgraduate Travelling Scholarships – PhD in any discipline.
- Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowship – Postdoctorate in the field of engineering, Humanities, Health and Science.
Shikhar Thales Scholarship programme
The Shikhar Thales Scholarship Programme is one of the sought-after government scholarships in France and is offered to all those Indian students who wish to pursue a master’s degree level programme in France. In the Scholarship, all the selected candidates will be given a fixed amount of 700 euros per month along with financial assistance for acquiring accommodation and visa. To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidates must be willing to pursue a Masters level course in any of the following fields.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communication and Control Systems
Bahman Samandari Scholarship Programme
This scholarship programme is offered by Mrs Christine and Mr Kazem Samandari, co-founders of L’Opéra, in partnership with the Embassy of France in India and the French Institute in India. In order to be eligible for this scholarship in France, the candidate must be pursuing a Master’s, exchange of short-term study programme in France in the field of Culinary Arts and must be at least 18 years of age. This Scholarship will be extended for a maximum duration of 1 year and the scholarship amount extended will be 750 euros along with visa waiver.
Also Read: Scholarships in New Zealand
Amba- Dalmia Scholarship Programme
The Amba Dalmia scholarships in France are offered to Indian women who wish to pursue higher studies in any of the given subjects at a university in France.
The candidate must be pursuing a Master’s level internship or short-term programmes (2-3 weeks) in the related fields in France and must be at least 18 years of age. The selected candidates will be given a monthly stipend to cover living costs in France for a period of a maximum of 1 year.
University Scholarships in France
Here are the major university scholarships in France:
|École Normale Supérieure International Selection||École Normale Supérieure|
|Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon||ENS Lyon|
|Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University||Science Po University|
|Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships||Paris-Saclay University|
|Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships||Grenoble Institute of Technology|
|INSEAD MBA Scholarships||INSEAD|
|HEC Paris MBA Scholarships||HEC Paris|
Explore Top Universities in France
École Normale Supérieure International Selection
This Scholarship is offered by École Normale Supérieure to the most promising international students wishing to pursue a masters in a Science, Arts & Humanities field.
- The scholarship value is a monthly grant of 1,000 Euros for 3 years and accommodation in one of the ENS campuses.
- The candidate must be less than 26 years of age and must not have applied for the programme before.
- Also, the candidate must not have lived in France for more than 10 months while applying for the scholarship.
Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon
The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence is offered to excellent international students who are enrolled into an eligible Masters Programme at ENS de Lyon. All Masters Degree Programmes in the fields related to Exact Sciences, the Arts or the Human and Social Sciences are eligible to apply for this scholarship in France:
- The scholarship amount given is €1,000 per month for the entire duration of one year study.
- The candidate must be less than 26 years of age and must not have applied for the programme before.
Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University
Amongst the top university scholarships in France, the Emile Boutmy Scholarship is offered to students who qualify the admission requirements of the Sciences Po University.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must not belong to a country which is a part of the European Union.
- The offered amount will depend on the programme that you choose for yourself
Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
The Paris – Saclay University offers Scholarships in France to highly qualified international students who wish to opt for a masters level programme at the University.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the students must be enrolled into a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme in any of the following institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UEVE, UPSaclay, UVSQ.
- The candidate must be less than 30 years of age and must not have applied for the programme before.
Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships
The Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships in France are offered to excellent international Master’s degree students. This particular Scholarship is open to all disciplines.
- The candidate must be less than 28 years of age.
- This scholarship is 5000 euros per semester, for a maximum duration of 2 semesters.
- As the programme is tough in English, non native English speakers would have to qualify any of the language proficiency exams.
INSEAD MBA Scholarships
INSEAD offers a number of scholarships in France to the students who wish to get enrolled into any of the INSEAD MBA programs. Given below is a list of Scholarships offered by INSEAD to its MBA aspirants.
- INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women
- INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
- INSEAD L’Oreal scholarship
- INSEAD Hinrich Foundation scholarship (July Class only)
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship
- INSEAD Leopoldo del Pino Scholarship
All these Scholarships have their own separate eligibility criteria but the major requirement is that the candidate for this particular Scholarship in France must be enrolled into the INSEAD MBA programme. Also, the candidates will be judged on the basis of the quality of their scholarship essays and academic qualifications.
These are the various Scholarships in France that you can avail if you wish to study in this beautiful country in Europe. Want to pursue higher studies in France? Our Leverage Edu are here to help you find the right course and university as well as guide you throughout the admission process and selecting the right scholarship to fund your dream education in France! Sign up for a session right away!