There are several scholarships offered by the Government of Kerala and are awarded to meritorious students belonging to minority communities. This project envisages the implementation of equal educational opportunities for socially and economically backward classes by providing them with an incentive to pursue education, without any financial burden. This article covers all the aspects of the Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship offered by the Department of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Kerala, from the eligibility criteria to the application process and more!
This Blog Includes:
About the Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship
The Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS) introduced by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, provides financial assistance to students belonging to socially and economically backward strata of the society, domiciled in Kerala, to complete their education. The scholarship offers incentives to students in their 1st year of UG/PG programs in Government/Aided Arts and Science Colleges and University. Candidates eligible for this scholarship get financial assistance of INR 10,000 annually.
Overview of Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)
|Name of the Scholarship||Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)|
|Organisation||Department of Collegiate Education (DCE), Govt. of Kerala|
|Eligibility||Kerala domiciles belonging to the minority communities|
|Amount||INR 10,000 per annum|
|Last date of Application||20th January 2021|
The eligibility criteria for the Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS) are as follows:
- Candidates should be studying in the first year of a UG/PG course in Govt/ Aided colleges or University Departments.
- Candidates should compulsorily be a native of Kerala. Other state students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidates should have a bank account in their name in the State Bank of Travancore.
- The candidate should be a member of families belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) class.
- The candidate should have a score of at least 50% or above in the qualifying Examination.
Note: if a candidate fails to adhere to the given eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected by the DCE.
Following is the list of documents that require submission by the candidates to avail the scholarship:
- Attested copy of mark list of SSLC, attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Attested copy of first page of bank pass book in the name of the student, showing account number, name, code etc.
- Nativity Certificate/Domicile Certificate
- BPL Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Copy of the Mark list of Qualifying Examination attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Community Certificate for SC/ST applicants
- Documents as proof of excellence in Arts/Sports at State/National levels (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if belonging to the PWD category)
Application Process of the Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)
The application process of SJMS is carried out in online mode and the candidates need to register at the official website DCE Scholarship to fill out the application form.
The steps to fill out the application process is as follows:
- Log on to the official DCE scholarship portal.
- Choose the link that says Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS) on the HomePage and click the ‘apply online’ button.
- Click on the registration button and fill in the required details that includes:
- Personal details such as name, contact number, address etc.
- Bank details
- Generate a login ID and password as per the guidelines and accept the terms and conditions after reading them thoroughly.
- Upload recent passport size photo, the signature of candidate and other scanned supporting documents.
- Proceed to complete the registration process and submit the application form.
Address: The Special Officer Scholarships,
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
6th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,
- Music Fine Arts Scholarships
- Mother Teresa Scholarship
- E Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship
- MPTAAS scholarship
- Albukhary Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
This was all the relevant information regarding the Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS). This scholarship introduced by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala offers tremendous support to students to pursue their education without any financial obstacles. For more information regarding similar scholarship schemes, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.