If you are keen to get admission to New York city for any undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate or professional degree, you can consider selecting the Rochester Institute of Technology. It is a private research university founded in 1829 by Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (RAMI). But in 1944, the university’s name changed to Rochester Institute of Technology, and since then, considered one of the foremost universities in New York. The university has 9,000 students and over 1,35,000 graduates from 49 states and more than 100 nations. If you want to know more about Rochester Institute of Technology admissions, courses, eligibility criteria, and more then keep reading this blog!
Also Read: Top Universities in the USA
This Blog Includes:
Highlights of the University
There are many universities in the USA and New York itself, so why should you consider choosing the Rochester Institute of Technology? We have constructed a list of reasons why this university can be a good option for you:
- Rochester Institute of Technology is the tenth-largest private university in the United States of America.
- It is globally known for its science, computer, engineering, and art programs.
- The university is the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, which delivers educational opportunities to more than 1200 deaf and hard-of-hearing students.
- It is populated for its Co-op program that offers students professional and industrial experience. It has the fourth oldest and one of the most comprehensive Co-op programs. It is classed among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.
- The university has extended its branches in China, Croatia, Kosovo, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Talking about the university’s alumni, around 11 of its alumni and faculty members have been recipients of the Pulitzer Prize, winning about 15 prizes.
Why Choose Rochester Institute of Technology?
We saw the various highlights of the university which makes it different from other institutes. Apart from these few things that will inspire you to be a part of the Rochester Institute of Technology are as follows –
- The university offers 78 Bachelor’s, 73 Master’s, 11 Doctorate and 49 Accelerated Dual-Degree Programs.
- The institute is affiliated by –
- The Association of Independent Technological Universities (AITU) is a group of private American Engineering Colleges crafted to convey ideas and practices to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, and technology-oriented careers and promote post-secondary education in engineering and science.
- The Rochester Area Colleges (RAC), is a monopoly of higher education institutions in Rochester, New York. This association strives to support the operations of career development, placement and experiential education in the region. Rochester Institute of Technology is viewed as the premier institution within the consortium.
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) is an association of private American colleges and universities. The staff of NAICU meets with policymakers, coordinates the joint movements of state-level private college organisations, and advises members of legislative and regulatory developments with conceivable impacts on their institutions.
- Space-grant colleges are educational institutions in the United States of America that incorporate a network of fifty-two consortia formed for outer space-related research.
- It is ranked #117 in the National Universities category.
- It is ranked #12 among top schools’ co-op or internship programs.
- It is positioned #52 among Best Value Schools.
- It is ranked #100 for social mobility.
- It is placed #57 among the Most Innovative Schools.
- It is at #135 among the Best Colleges for Veterans.
- It is indexed #81 for student excellence.
- It is at #56 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs.
- It is highlighted #1001-1200 in the QS World University Rankings list.
- It is at #151-200 for QS World University Ranking By Subject.
- It is at #111-120 for US universities.
- It is listed in the 2021 edition of The Best Value Colleges.
- It is on the list of 2022’s Best 387 Colleges.
The Rochester Institute of Technology offers 78 Bachelor’s, 73 Master’s, 11 Doctorate and 49 Accelerated Dual-Degree Programs in the field of Art, Design, Architecture, Business, Management, Leadership, Communications, Digital Media, Computing, Information Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Game Design, Health, Medical Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Photography, Animation, Science, Maths and many more.
Cost of Study at Rochester Institute of Technology
|Undergraduate courses||Rs 56,06,458.22|
|Postgraduate courses||Rs 56,50,780.50|
|National Technical Institute for the Deaf, deaf and hard-of-hearing students||Rs 29,10,392.94|
The main eligibility for the Rochester Institute of Technology is English language proficiency. For those international students whose aboriginal language is not English, an official score for the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic exam is required. The university accepts TOEFL iBT and TOEFL iBT Home Edition, except for MyBest Score. They do not take Duolingo as proof of English proficiency.
Moreover, each program needs balanced sub scores when selecting an applicant’s need for additional English language courses.
Scores required are –
|English proficiency test||Scores|
|TOEFL||79 to 100|
|PTE Academic||56 to 70|
Ace your TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE with Leverage Live!
The admission process, conditions, and procedures are the same for all undergraduate students. As an international student, you will be required to show English language proficiency, and Rochester Institute of Technology will consider students at all levels of English language proficiency for admission.
If you are applying for undergraduate admission, you need to consider these options-
- Full university admission –
If you meet English language mastery standards, you will be evaluated for admission to the academic degree program you choose.
- Conditional university admission –
If you do not meet English language proficiency norms you will be regarded for admission and will need to satisfy additional courses through Rochester Institute of Technology’s English Language Centre in addition to their academic degree program.
Rochester Institute of Technology employs several well-known companies for their students such as the Air Force Research Laboratory, Eastman Kodak Company, Fisher-Price, Ford Motor Company, Bank of America, Barclays, Canon USA, Cisco, GlaxoSmithKline, Hillstrom, Mozilla, National Park Service, Nickelodeon, Nike, Inc, Oracle, Intel, iRobot, Jaguar, JPMorgan Chase & Co, PepsiCo, Philips, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc, The Boeing Company, The Hershey Company, The Raymond Corporation, TTM Technologies, Inc, United Airlines, U.S. Department of Defence, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc and many more.
Rochester Institute of Technology requires a $65 (5,036.62 Rs) application fee for applicants other than the university’s alumni and present students within one school year of completing another university’s program. Your application fee can be paid within your Admissions Portal.
Once you have proved your purpose to enrol at Rochester Institute of Technology, all learners, including homeschooled students, must also deliver proof of graduation or equivalency before the start of classes.
You may submit one application and request to be checked for 3 programs. When using our online application, you may select up to 3 program choices in order of priority. You will be reviewed for your first choice. If accepted, you will not be examined for additional program choices except by request. If not admitted to your first choice, your application will be scanned for your other program choices, successively
The academic advisor will be enlisting you for classes in late July or early August.
If you want to know about any international university or course, you can visit Leverage Edu to clear your doubts. We will oblige you with the application process so that you can discover your goals. Call us at 1800 572 000 for a free 30-minute consultation.