The procedures in project management include everything from organizing and assigning tasks to managing and carrying them out. Candidates who want to study project management abroad have a significant competitive advantage, especially if they do it in the United States. You are on the right blog if you enjoy successfully structuring, planning, and carrying out a project while accomplishing the objectives. This blog will give you an insight into everything about studying master’s in project management in USA. Continue reading to know more about Masters in Project Management in USA.
|Name of the Course||Project Management|
|Duration||18 Months- 2 Years|
|Eligibility||Bachelors with a minimum of 70%|
|Standard Tests required||GRE– 151-158 (each section)
TOEFL– 70-100 (Internet Based)
|Tuition Fee||46,981 USD (INR 38.90 Lakh) to 104,905 USD(INR 86.86 Lakh)
Varies from University to University
|Cost of Living||3000 USD to 8000 USD (2.48 Lakh to 6.62 Lakh per annum)|
|Top Recruiters||Bain & CO. ScaleFlux, EY, McDermott., Morgan Stanley.|
|Average Salary||72618 USD (60.12 Lakh) annually.|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Project Management?
Candidates gain knowledge of resource optimization in a time-constrained manner. The curriculum combines the science of organizing components with IT tools built on project management to deliver effective results. The United States has STEM-designated project management courses. Additionally, participating in this program of study encourages students to investigate topics like data management, organizational design, logistics, cost management, risk analysis, and quality assurance.
The entire project lifecycle, from ideation to task definition, coordination of an action plan to carry out the tasks, team member alignment for project completion, involvement of stakeholders, and management of the financial side. and while setting a pace for the project, training team members, and finishing within the allocated time to accomplish the goal. These are some of the duties that a project manager is responsible for.
Why Choose USA as a Preferred Study Abroad Destination?
There are an array of reasons to study in the US, some of the major ones are listed below
- In the United States, the project management sector is anticipated to expand by 31.34% by 2027.
- Project management is a well-paying profession, and the chance to increase your earnings rises if you complete it in the USA. For a master’s in project management in the USA, you can select from various degree structures. You can enrol in 2 to 3-year degree programs full-time, part-time, or in a hybrid setting. The university you select will, nevertheless, have a significant impact.
- Due to its distinction as one of the world’s most developed nations, the USA is one of the most desirable study-abroad locations for Indian students. The country has a long history of multiculturalism and plenty of job opportunities.
- International students comprise about 5.5% of the US higher education population.
- The United States is renowned for having the best educational system in the world. It allows you to select courses that best suit your interests and provides exposure to a wide range of internship programs. Additionally, a variety of student exchange programs are available that help you expand your horizons in academics and career.
Must Read: 5 Reasons to Study in USA for Indian Students
Popular Universities for MS in Project Management in USA
After learning some of the most well-known justifications for studying in the United States, let’s look at some of the universities, tuition costs, and rankings.
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2023||Tuition Fee|
|Northwestern University||32||52,537 USDINR 43.5 Lakh|
|New York University||39||64,131 USDINR 53.10 Lakh|
|Pennsylvania State University||93||46,981 USDINR 38.90 Lakh|
|Boston University||108||104,905 USDINR 86.86 Lakh|
|University of Maryland||164||94,711 USDINR 78.42 Lakh|
Let’s talk about the standard requirements for admission given that you have a basic overview of the US universities that offer the Masters in Project Management in the USA.
- Students must have 16 years of education, which means, 10+2+4. In other words, students must have a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Students scoring 70% or higher. Some colleges, however, only take applicants with a minimum of 85% into consideration.
- For those interested in pursuing a master’s degree in project management in the USA, some universities require at least two to three years of professional experience.
- Students must submit their test results from the GRE, IELTS, or TOEFL.
Before submitting your application to institutions that offer master’s in project management programs, make sure you have the following collection of documentation available. These documents are classified as:
- Higher secondary education certificates and degree certificates from all universities/colleges attended.
- Other Academic Transcripts or achievement certificates.
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university)
- Financial Proofs
The application process begins months in advance of the program’s opening date. It takes a quite good amount of time. The universities generally offer two intakes for overseas students, the fall intake and the winter intake. Call our Leverage Edu professionals at 1800 572 000 to learn more about admission intakes, and processes and to expedite your application. Here is a simple path you can follow to fulfil your goal of studying abroad and being accepted to a Master in Project Management in the USA.:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams.
Scholarships are a good method to reduce the cost of your education abroad. You can manage the remaining portion of your expenditures in the USA by including the scholarships in your college tuition. Numerous universities across the country offer grants, awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial aid to students who wish to study Master’s in Project Management in the USA.
We have compiled a list of scholarships accessible in the USA after extensive study to save you time and effort:
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility||Award|
|National Overseas Scholarship||Minimum of 55% of Undergraduate||Varies|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||UG from Indian University||11799 USDINR 9.77 Lakh|
|Dean Scholar Award||Minimum GPA 3.7Must have 12 credits of the program.||9083 USDINR 7.52 Lakh|
|Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship||UG from Indian University||Varies|
Now let’s look at the documentation required for a student (F-1) visa in the USA.
- Valid passport
- A printed copy of the DS-160 form
- Interview appointment letter (original and copy)
- SEVIS fee receipt
- I-20 form (given by your university/college)
- Visa fee payment confirmation slip
Project managers have access to a variety of employment options and career trajectories as long as they have quality education from reputable schools and develop relevant abilities.
International students have a variety of work prospects after receiving their MS in project management from US universities. By 2027, the US Project Management industry is expected to increase by 31.34%.
Cost of Study and Living in USA
The cost of living for an overseas student studying in the United States depends on their lifestyle and kind of residence, whether it is off-campus or on-campus. The costs of living also include your meals, commuting, groceries, supplies, etc. When you add up all these expenses, your monthly spending ranges from 1,300 to 2,500 USD (INR 1.06 Lakh to 2.05 Lakh). If we talk about the Tuition fee, varies from 23,000 USD to 57,000 USD per year (INR 18.92 Lakh – INR 46.90 Lakh)
Must Read: Cost of Studying in USA
We believe you now have a decent understanding of the project management course and some of the universities that offer it. Project management professionals excel as leaders, have excellent communication and information systems skills, and are capable of managing projects with knowledge without a university degree. Additionally, Having a degree from the USA will undoubtedly provide a candidate with a competitive advantage.
It entirely relies on the particular criteria of the university. A minimum of 6.0 is necessary, and for universities like NYU, it can go as high as 8.0.
Yes, there are some universities in the USA that offer MBA in Project management.
Yes, Boston University, Purdue University and California State University, to name a few.
The nation’s top-ranked colleges, first-rate infrastructure, top-notch education, and global exposure will best prepare you for the future. To ensure a smooth process, get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu if you wish to start your Masters in Project Management in the USA.