Game design courses are provided at the diploma, undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels in a range of fields. There are no special educational requirements or entrance tests for students interested in Game Design, although they must pass 10+2 in any stream. There are a variety of top Game Design courses available, including a BSc in Game Design, BA Hons. Multimedia in Game Design, Certification in Game Design and Development, PG Diploma in Game Design, MA Multimedia in Game Design, MSc in Game Technology, and more. Courses in game design can range in price from INR 5,000 to INR 2,000,000. This blog is your source of information regarding the Diploma in Game Designing!
|Course Stream||Game Designing Course|
|Popular Courses||Certificate Program: C# Programming for Unity Game Development with a Certificate in Game Design Diploma in Game Design is a course that teaches you how to design games. BA in game design, BSc in game design, and B Des in game design are all undergraduate programs.|
|Duration||1 month to 8 months for a certificate course UG Course: 3 years Diploma Course: 1 year – 2 years|
|Eligibility||Passed 10th or 12th-grade certificate course Diploma Course: Passed 12th grade in any subject. UG Course: A 12th-grade diploma from a recognized board in any discipline is required.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 500-10,000 for a certificate course UG Course: INR 20,000- 2,00,000 Diploma Course: INR 5,000-50,000|
|Types of Online Courses||Udemy, edX, Coursera|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 – 4,00,000 for a certificate course UG Course: INR 6,00,000 – 12,00,000 Diploma Course: INR 2,00,000- 6,00,000|
|Top Job Prospects||Game designer, game developer, game artist, sound engineer, game system engineer, and game tester are all terms used to describe people who work in the video game industry.|
This Blog Includes:
- About the Diploma in Game Designing
- Diploma/Certificate Courses in Game Designing
- Top Universities Abroad for Diploma in Game Designing
- Top Universities in India
- Formats Offered
- Documents Required
- Application Process
- Fee Structure for Diploma in Game Designing
- Future Scope of Game Designing
- Placements and Salary
About the Diploma in Game Designing
The leading universities in India that offer game design courses include Lovely Professional University Jalandhar, UPES Dehradun, Presidency University Bangalore, NID Ahmedabad, Whistling Woods International Mumbai, VELS Chennai, and others.
Students can enrol in online Certificate Courses in Game Design through platforms like MasterClass, Udemy, and Coursera in addition to traditional offline courses. These short-term online Game Design courses range in price from INR 500 to INR 8,000 and can last anywhere from two weeks to twelve months.
Diploma/Certificate Courses in Game Designing
- Certificate in Gaming
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- Diploma in Game Design
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in Production Gaming
- Diploma in Animation and Special Effect
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Advanced Diploma in 3D Game Content Creation
Top Universities Abroad for Diploma in Game Designing
The top Universities abroad for undergrad courses in game design as per the Princeton Review rankings are given below:
|University||Princeton Review Rank|
|University of Southern California||1|
|New York University||3|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||4|
|DigiPen Institute of Technology||5|
|Worcester Polytechnic Institute||6|
|Michigan State University||7|
|University of Utah||8|
|Shawnee State University||10|
Top Universities in India
- IIFA Multimedia
- Academy of Animation and Gaming
- ICAT Design And Media College
- Animaster Academy
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad.
- Arena Animation
- Asian Institute of Gaming & Animation
- Game Design Certificate Courses are available in both online and offline formats. These are foundational game design courses.
- All of the principles of game design will be taught in Game Design Certificate Courses.
- These are self-paced, short-term courses that span anywhere from six to twelve months. Several of the courses last only two or three weeks.
- After completing the course, you will be able to create basic games with minimal features. Your annual pay would be between INR 2 and 3 lakhs.
- Certificate game design courses are most likely to be taken by students who want to start a career in game design.
|Game Design and Development Specialization||Coursera||INR 3,692 per month|
|Will Wright Teaches Game Design and Theory||MasterClass||INR 1,295 per month|
|Pixel Art Master Course – Beginner to Professional/Freelance||Udemy||INR 8,640|
|Learn to Create Pixel Art for your Games||Udemy||INR 3,200|
|Business Analyst: Game Design Processes Techniques||Udemy||INR 700|
The following documents are required to apply for the Diploma in Game Designing:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- University supplementary form
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT/GMAT/GRE Score is recommended
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport
- Bank Statements
According to the admissions standards given below, qualified applicants will be granted available spaces based on merit. Admission to the Diploma in Game Designing needs:
- A filled-in online application and payment of a requisite fee.
- You might need to submit your academic transcripts.
- GRE scores might be required by some institutes.
- English language competency might be required (TOEFL/IELTS).
- Once you submit the application, you might be called for an interview based on your application’s merit.
- If you clear the interview, you can proceed with admissions.
Fee Structure for Diploma in Game Designing
|Country||Fees per Year (Approximate)|
|Abroad||$15,000- $30,000 (INR 11.2 – 22.4 Lakhs)|
|India||INR 5,000- 1,00,000|
Future Scope of Game Designing
For individuals who desire to work as a game designer in India, one of the most popular courses is Diploma in-game Designing. With a 50% annual growth rate, the gaming business is booming. Game design has a strong and hopeful future in India. Students can earn anything from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh per year.
The game industry did not grow at the same rate as the rest of the world’s industries due to a lack of PC penetration. According to Nasscom, India’s gaming business would be valued at $1 billion by 2020. The popularity of smartphones has soared to new heights.
As we all know, one-third of India’s population is under the age of 35. This is the video game industry’s primary target demographic. As a result, India has the world’s largest gaming market. With annual revenue of $422 million, India is placed 18th in the global gaming industry. If you want to work in the gaming industry, you can do so with confidence.
Placements and Salary
|Courses||Job Prospects||Initial Average Salary ( Per annum)|
|The Ultimate Guide for Game Development Unity||2D and 3D Game Designer||INR 2.3 Lakhs|
|Learn the Art of Video Games||Storyboard Artist||INR 2 Lakhs|
|Game Design Arts and Concepts||Graphics Designer||INR 1.5-2.3 Lakhs|
|Level Design Master Class||Level Designer||INR 2.2 LPA|
Despite the fact that game design is a relatively new and unorthodox career option in India, there are plenty of opportunities in the sector for those who desire to pursue it.
Getting a job as a game designer is just as difficult as getting a job in any other field, but there is more competition and a greater need to stay current and relevant. However, if you put in the effort and stay focused on your objectives, it might be a rewarding and steady career that is just as easy to move through like any other.
Game designers construct the themes and universes of computer games. They are connected to the game’s genre plan, the environment, the story, the characters, the interactive framework, the destinations, and the user experience. A Game Designer is a creative power behind the creation of a computer game.
If you want to know more about a diploma in game designing and want to apply to top colleges/universities, consult the experts at Leverage Edu to help you achieve your goals today!