Scholarships provide numerous advantages that make applications well worth your time. We understand that applying to college is a stressful process, and applying for scholarships may seem like one more thing to worry about. To ease you out, we discuss some scholarships that you can apply for along with their eligibility criteria, the application process, and the necessary documents required to fill out the scholarship application. In this blog, we will discuss the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic along with the necessary information related. Have a look!
|Organization By||SR Institutes|
|Study-Level||Masters & PhD|
|Deadline||31st October 2022|
This Blog Includes:
About National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is meant to compensate international scholarship recipients’ living costs, i.e., the costs of staying in Slovakia (food, lodging, etc.) while studying, conducting research, or teaching at universities and research organizations in Slovakia. Know about the programme more:
- The National Scholarship Programme of The Slovak Republic 2021-2022 provides fully paid scholarships to international students. The Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic funds the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP)
- International students, Ph.D. students, university lecturers, researchers, and artists are all eligible for scholarships. In 2005, the Government of the Slovak Republic ordered the establishment of the Slovak Republic’s National Scholarship Program to encourage the mobility of students, Ph.D. students, university lecturers, researchers, and artists
Also Read: Study in Poland
Eligibility Criteria of the National Scholarship Programme Of The Slovak Republic
To be eligible for the National Scholarship Program, a candidate must meet all of the standards listed below:
- English is a required language
- All countries in the world are eligible
Those students who:
- are students in universities located outside of Slovakia
- students at the second level of higher education (master’s students), or students who have already completed at least 2.5 years of university studies in the same study program at the time of application deadline
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside of Slovakia and who will be accepted for academic mobility to study in Slovakia by a public, private, or state university in Slovakia
- Ph.D. students who received their higher education or scientific training outside of Slovakia and are accepted by a public, private, or state university or a research institution in Slovakia for a doctoral study program2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for academic mobility to study/conduct research/create art in Slovakia
The National Scholarship Program does not provide funding for:
- International students and Ph.D. students approved for full higher education (bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate studies) in Slovakia, or those already studying in Slovakia (full higher education) who wish to have their studies funded by the NSP
- Foreign applicants who have spent at least 12 months (in total) in the territory of the Slovak Republic within the previous 36 months prior to the application deadline
- International applicants who are receiving a scholarship in Slovakia through other public scholarship programs (e.g., International Visegrad Fund, Erasmus+, CEEPUS, bilateral agreements, etc)
Application Process for the National Scholarship Programme Of The Slovak Republic
To apply for the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic, please follow the instructions below:
The first step:
- It is mandatory for applicants to complete their online applications and upload all essential attachments in the required format.
- Applicants may only submit (fill out) applications in Slovak or English (documents written in other languages must be formally translated into Slovak or English – the translation might be validated by the same organization that provided the document).
- It is necessary to upload a scan of any papers linked to the application that was issued by someone other than the applicant (e.g. recommendation letters, confirmations of study, diploma/diploma supplement/state examination certificate, admission/invitation letter), to the online application.
- All originals of documents that the applicant has included in the online application in electronic format must be kept and archived by the applicant, and these originals (or certified copies of these originals) must be sent to the program administrator if required.
The second step:
- After filling out the application and attaching all of the needed documents, the applicant must submit the application by clicking the “SEND” button. The original admission/invitation letter must also be delivered to SAIA, n. o., in Bratislava (SAIA, n. o., Sasinkova 10, 812 20 Bratislava 1)
- This letter must be presented by 12 p.m. on the third working day following the application deadline (when determining the working days, legal status in Slovakia is taken into consideration).
Funding By The Scholarship
Below, we have discussed the funding provided by the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic, have a look:
|a) University student (second level of higher education)||400 € (INR 32,047)|
|b) PhD student||734 € (INR 58,807)|
|c) University teacher/researcher/artist:|
|without a PhD (or its equivalent) and fewer than
4 years of experience as a university professor, researcher, or artist
|734 € (INR 58,807)|
|having a PhD (or its equivalent) and less than
10 years of experience as a university professor, researcher, or artist
|980 € (INR 78,516)|
|having a PhD (or its equivalent) and more than
10 years of experience as a university professor, researcher, or artist
|1050 € (INR 84,124)|
For more details, visit the link here
Here are the important documents required:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Detailed study programme
- Two letters of recommendation from the applicant’s university professors
- Confirmation from the applicant’s home university stating that the applicant is enrolled as a regular student at the time of application
- A scan of the applicant’s bachelor’s diploma, diploma supplement, and state examination certificate is required
- Admission/invitation letter from the applicant’s host university in Slovakia, stating the duration of their stay
The application deadline for the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is mentioned below:
|31 October at 16:00 CET||Scholarship stays during the current academic year’s summer semester|
|April 30th at 16:00 CET||Scholarships will be awarded for the next academic year|
The deadline for this scholarship is 31 October, 2022.
This scholarship is offered to international students to study in Slovak Republic.
Yes. Students of any nationality can apply for this scholarship.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is one such excellent program that gives ambitious students hope to continue their studies. We hope you now have a better understanding of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic. Do you want to go to your desired university abroad? To get assistance with any aspect of your admissions process, contact our Leverage Edu professionals. Now is the time to sign up for a free session with us!