The increasing awareness towards gender inclusivity and fluidity across the globe has pushed not only governments but education providers to make new laws for the upliftment of the LGBTQ community. Various countries have come forward in accepting and supporting LGBTQ community like Norway, Denmark, USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Ireland. Education is an essential tool which empowers, enlightens and provides individuals with plentiful opportunities to lead a better life. Thus, gender barriers must not stop you from actualising your dream career. Many universities across the world understand this idea and therefore provide special grants to students belonging to LGBTQ community for higher education. Keeping that in mind, we have curated a list of LGBTQ scholarships provided by different countries around the world!
This Blog Includes:
LGBTQ Scholarships to Study in Canada 2021
- The Imperial Sovereign Court of the Wild Rose is a national, publicly-supported, scholarship-granting organization focused on helping LGBTQ students. It endeavours to facilitate LGBTQs to accomplish their academic and leadership goals.
- The Bill 7 Award Scholarships for LGBTQ awarded at postgraduate levels founded and given by the BIll foundation of Canada.
- University of Alberta Michael Phair Leadership Award is offered by the University of Alberta and its affiliated colleges at UG and PG levels. This university has a higher number of LGBTQ population.
- The Pride Education Network is considered a multidisciplinary scholarship that is offered to secondary school students in British Columbia who are planning to attend an academy or college in Canada.
- Start Proud is commonly known as Start Scholarship meant for LGBTQ students and young professionals with the aim to emulate and aspire Student Leadership. Meant for Canadian post-secondary program of higher studies.
LGBTQ Scholarships to Study in the USA 2021
- The Pride Foundation: Established in 1985 pride foundation encourages the education of LGBTQ students who want to study further pride foundation plays a vital role in their education. The award is limited to countries like Idaho, Alaska Montana, Oregon and Washington.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals: Known as NOGLSTP and founded in 1990 is awarded to students active allies of the LGBTQ community, to assist undergraduate or graduate degrees in the fields of engineering science, technology, or mathematics. Two $5000 scholarships will be awarded for the upcoming academic year.
- The Point Foundation: The Pride Foundation is a community college scholarship program covering 50 scholarships in science and arts fields These awards are characterised by large scholarship-granting awards range from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Roy Scrivner Research Grants: This Grant is issued by APF with an award of $10,000 grant for experiential and applied research centred on lesbian, gay and bisexual families.
- Live Out Loud Scholarship: The most prominent scholarship among US universities .offering $10,000 each year to graduating LGBTQ high school seniors limited to three states that are, New Jersey Connecticut and New York.
- Human Rights Campaign Scholarship Database: Run by HRCSD department of Human rights offer LGBTQ scholarships and other funding opportunities to those aspiring to opt for higher studies.
- Stonewall Foundation Scholarships: The Traub-Dicker Rainbow Scholarship was established by Peggy Traub and Phyllis Dicker to support LGBT community, particularly in New York, This program provides one-year scholarships of $1,500 or $3,000 to those graduating in high school or graduate school.
- The Gamma Mu Foundation: This is a semi-government foundation which provides financial assistance for gay men who want to pursue their education at a college and university level.
LGBTQ Scholarships to Study in New Zealand and Australia
- Collin Higgins Youth Courage Award: Meant for students between the age group of 18-35 and offered to meritorious students administering various medical and engineering courses. the scholarship amount is $10,000 offered annually or as contingency amount depending on the university.
- Monash Queer Leaders Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Monash University group and is widely known among the LGBT community available for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Both Australian new Zealand students are eligible to apply.
- Rainbow New Zealand was also known by queer scholarships offers financial assistance to students enrolling in a full-time degree program at a recognized university. Only the citizens of New Zealand citizens or permanent residents can apply.
- The Pinnacle Foundation: Pinnacle Foundation is private NGO that works for the upliftment and education of for young LGBTQ people who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school in Australia it also entertains the international students.
Other LGBT Scholarships 2021
- IGLTA Foundation Scholarships: Stands for International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association is an international organisation that provides financial support in order to promote education in the fields of tourism and hospitality.
- Crossing Borders: Foundation gives away the Youth Courage Award yearly to recognize outstanding students who demonstrate courage in the face of adversity and prejudice. The aim is to connect students from various ethnicities and promoting Diversity Scholarship for ethnic minority and LGBT students.
- The Kay Longcope Scholarship Award: Named after Journalist Kay Longcope was a co-founder of the statewide LGBTQ newsweekly it offers Grants up to $3,000 tuition support annually to LGBTQ scholar and focuses on students with an exceptional background in journalism
Leverage Edu stands in support of the LGBTQ community and we are here to help you reach the right study destination with an LGBTQ friendly environment. Get in touch with our mentors and we will guide you through the process of choosing a perfect course, university, financial aid as well as crafting an impressive application to get you successfully shortlisted.