A growing number of students from all around the world wish to study abroad. The reasons for this could vary, but primarily it is for better quality education. However, this often becomes difficult for certainly capable candidates due to the lack of funds. To help students like these, there are scholarships that are brought forward by various governments and universities. One such scholarship is the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program. The blog is about this particular scholarship that can help students from India study in Australia with few mitigations in their expenses!
This Blog Includes:
- University of Sydney
- About the Scholarship
- How to Apply for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program?
- Benefits of the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
- Eligibility criteria
- Selection Criteria
- Ongoing Eligibility
- Termination Grounds for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
- Documents Required for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
University of Sydney
Founded in 1850 as a public institution for higher education, the University of Sydney has the motto of progressive thinking, breaking convention, challenging the status quo and improving the world. Some of its most notable alumni are Gough Whitlam and heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. According to the QS World Rankings, the University of Sydney comes in the 38th position and the Times Higher Education puts them in the 58th position.
|Value||Eligibility||Open date||Close date|
|Up to $40,000 (INR 32L)||– Indian citizen and resident
– International student
– Received an unconditional offer of admission to a coursework degree
|4 April 2022||10 June 2022|
About the Scholarship
The scholarship aims at fostering engagement between the University of Sydney and India. It was started as an investment to research, collaborate with industry professionals and further commit to the education of students while pushing them to their full potential. AUD 500,000 (INR 2,59,39,329) worth of scholarships is available for Indian students primarily to strengthen the bond between the University and India.
How to Apply for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program?
The process of applying for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program is fairly simple. Follow the steps to apply for this scholarship:
- Visit the official website for the scholarship
- Fill in the required information
- Upload the documents
- Answer any other questions
- Submit the application form
Benefits of the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
There are 28 scholarships awarded annually. These consist of the following-
- 3 scholarships of AUD 40,000 (INR 20.75L) per annum for any undergraduate degree of up to 4 years.
- 10 scholarships of AUD 20,000 (INR 10.37L) for first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- 15 scholarships of AUD 10,000 (INR 5,18L) for first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be an international student as defined by the Higher Education Support Act 2003. Australian citizens and permanent residents are excluded from this.
- Applicants must hold Indian citizenship and be current residents of India. Proof of residency will be required.
- An unconditional offer of admission must be held by the applicant and they must not have commenced their undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Sydney when they are applying for the award.
- Applicants who are applying for a second degree at the University of Sydney are eligible to apply. However, they must not have previously availed of the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship.
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in India & Abroad
Academic merit and a personal statement by the students from their application will primarily be the basis on which the scholarship is awarded to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Other details provided on the application are also important.
The nomination by a selection committee consisting of two academic nominees and two non-academic nominees made by the Vice-Principal (External Relations) will be the basis of awarding the scholarship.
- In order to make sure that a student continues to receive the scholarship funds, the student must maintain a minimum semester average mark (SAM) of 65 and have no outstanding fees.
- Recipients undertaking an exchange during the tenure of this Scholarship are required to have achieved a Satisfied Requirements grade (SR) to receive their next payment.
- The Scholarship is transferable to another major, degree or faculty but is not transferable to another University.
Termination Grounds for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
The scholarship would be terminated if the students have the following clauses:
- Withdraws from an eligible course
- Fails to enrol
- Becomes a domestic student
- Starts a part-time study program without prior approval
- Is unable to maintain a satisfactory academic performance
- Is deemed guilty by the University on grounds of misconduct including providing false or misleading information in their scholarship application.
- has accepted another scholarship administered by the University of Sydney (funded by the University or by a third party), excluding the Sydney International Student Award, of a value exceeding $5,000 (INR 4,11,922) per annum
- Is unable to resume their studies at end of an approved leave period
- A student who is found guilty of serious misconduct is withdrawn from the course they were studying. The University has the right to request that any scholarship funds paid to the scholarship recipient are reimbursed.
Documents Required for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
Following are the documents required for the application process of the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program-
- Certified copies of last academic qualifications
- Updated CV
- Identity papers, such as passports, national identity cards, and student visa
- Residency proof
Are you planning to study journalism in Australia but confused about where to start? Our experts at Leverage Edu will provide end-to-end assistance from application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800572000 and book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today!