Due to unstable financial conditions, students belonging to backward classes often refrain from pursuing higher studies. Individuals stuck in such situations can seek help through scholarships and attain quality education. One such option for students to consider is through the Madhya Pradesh Tribal Affairs Automation System (MPTAAS) which provides various grants to the potential candidates belonging to the state of Madhya Pradesh who fall under the reserved categories like SC and ST. In this blog, we will cover all the details pertaining to the MPTAAS scholarship program in detail!
|Organizer||Tribal Welfare Department|
|For||SC, ST students in Madhya Pradesh|
Table of Contents
The MPTAAS scholarship is the post-matric scholarship for Scheduled Tribe students in the state and promotes equal educational opportunities for them. This scholarship helps such students become an equal part of the society and avail education without worrying about financial costs.
MPTAAS Scholarship Objective
The purpose of the MPTAAS scholarship is to grant equal opportunities to the students belonging to the backward and reserved classes, especially, scheduled tribe. This is done by providing financial help, the value of which varies based on the courses an individual wants to pursue. On being selected as an awardee under this scholarship, financially stricken students can compete in the mainstream.
If you aspire to avail the benefits of this scholarship, there are some set requirements that you have to abide by. Before starting with the application process, it is important to go through the entire eligibility criteria. Make sure that you thoroughly read the details mentioned in this section as the applications with discrepancies can be rejected. Following are the eligibility criteria for the MPTAAS scholarship:
- The MPTAAS scholarship is exclusively for the class 11th, 12th, college as well as the PhD students.
- Only the applicants belonging to reserved classes such as Schedule Cast (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) can apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates must be willing to pursue their career in the field of Medical Science or Engineering.
- The candidate must be a resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The family income of the SC/ST aspirants applying must be below INR 6 Lakh per annum.
- Parents of the applicants shall not belong to/ employed in any governmental institution.
MPTAAS Registration Online
Now that you have gone through the basic eligibility conditions, let us focus on how to successfully submit the application form. It is important to note that the application process of MPTAAS is completely online and there is no application fee to be submitted for it. Follow the below-listed pointers as they will help you fill up your application form properly:
- Log in to the official website of the MPTAAS. The new candidates have to create an account by clicking on the ‘New Beneficiary Profile Registration’ link.
- Fill in all the necessary details carefully through your account and cross-check them.
- Once you have confirmed your details, submit the form.
MPTAAS Beneficiary Registration
If you want to register as a beneficiary or हितग्राही प्रोफाइल under tribal.mp.gov.in, you can visit this link.
Here are the main details for beneficiary registration:
- Personal Details (Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Gender, Address, Mobile Number, Marital Status, Email Address, Caste Certification Information, Caste Certificate Number)
- Caste and Overall
- Income declaration
- Indigenous declaration
- Profile review
While filling the application for the MPTAAS scholarship, you will have to submit some essential documents which will act as proof of your qualifications. Make sure you upload a clear scanned copy of the below-listed documents:
- Current class passing certificate
- Aadhar card of the students and the parents
- Verified caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passbook of the current bank account
- Domicile Certificate
Check out: Nabanna Scholarship
MPTAAS Scholarship Grants
Since the scholarship strives to provide financial aid to scores of students, the amount offered to them varies as per their educational qualifications. Tabulated below are the amounts that will be granted to the students under the MTPAAS scholarship:
Medical, Engineering, Degree/ Post Graduate, Management, M.Phil, PhD, etc
Degree/ Post Graduate (other than that in Business courses) like Nursing, B. Pharmacy, LLB, B Nursing, etc
Graduate-level courses which are not included in Group 01 and 02 like BA, BSc, B.Work, etc
Class 1st and 12th
How is Scholarship Money Transferred?
MPTAAS transfers the scholarship amount directly to students accounts. MP Education Gyan Deep also provides regular updates on scholarship amount transfers. You can receive the amount after days after the online application process is completed. The Madhya Pradesh Tribal Department releases the order of MPTAAS online transfer. Date and time of scholarship amount transfer are provided to students just after completing the MPTAAS application.
e-KYC for MPTAAS
In order to receive the scholarship grant, it is necessary to complete the e-KYC process post registration for all the applicants. You need to verify the aadhar number to complete the process. This can be done directly on the scholarship portal in 2 ways. The 1st way is via OPT or onr time password and other is through bio-metric.
Steps For e-KYC
The e-KYC process links your mobile number with the aadhar card and you will get all the notification via SMS after the process is complete. Follow these steps for e-KYC for MPTAAS:
- Go to the official website Portal 2.0
- Enter your application ID or Registration No.
- Re-enter to confirm
- Add DOB (Date of Birth)
- Enter the captcha code which is placed just above the submit button
- Click on verify details to submit your request
Education Portal MPTAAS
www.educationportal.mp.gov.in is the official website of Madhya Pradesh Tribal Affairs Automation System (MPTAAS) where you check the eligibility, application, enrollment, academics, hostels, institutes, incentives and other benefits related to the MPTAAS scheme. Here are the key benefits you can avail at the education portal MPTAAS:
- Integrated Scholarship Scheme Management System
- Special Needs Students (CWSN): Identification, Support, Tracking Management
- Free Textbook Distribution Scheme Management System
- Free Uniform Distribution Plan Management System
- Free Cycle Distribution Scheme Management System
- Talented Student Incentive Scheme Management System
- Super 100 plan
The MPTAAS has brought computerization in all its projects to ensure transparency and thus MPTASS App has been launched for ease of registration of the profiles of schedule caste and schedule tribe beneficiaries. The beneficiaries can register on the MPTAAS app and benefit from various departmental schemes. Here are the major benefits of using MPTAAS app for the schemes offered:
- Income Declaration
- Aadhar Number
- Digital Caste Certificate
- Domicile Declaration
- Samagra Family ID and Samagra Member ID
Click here to download the MPTAAS app on the Google Playstore and then register as a beneficiary by adding Aadhaar e-KYC and further add details related to education and cast that get rechecked and verified from the e-district and the Samagra portal. MPTAAS app is also for schemes like:
- Pratibha Yojana: For ST candidates who can avail incentives for clearing national level exams like JEE, NDA, CLAT, NEET, etc. or have successfully got admission in NLU, AIIMS, NIT, IIT, NLU, NDA, medical colleges in the state, etc.
- Post Metric Scholarship: For ST students pursuing post matriculation or higher education
You can apply for these scholarships directly through the app and avail the benefits of uploading your application, tracking, verifying details, documents, etc.
To collect relevant information about the MPTAAS scholarship, one has to visit the MPTAAS education portal. It provides detailed information about the scholarship scheme and sends notifications to the prospective student about any updates in the scholarship.
The MPTAAS scholarship is operated by the Tribal Welfare Department in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a post-matric scholarship scheme awarded to students belonging from underprivileged sections.
Students belonging from SC/ST castes are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students are required to register under the scholarship plan and the registration process is called ‘Hitgrahi Profile Panjitan’.
Yes, the MPTAAS scholarship is exclusively for the students belonging to the reserved categories that too only SC and ST. Other reserved categories along with General applicants cannot apply.
No, currently the only way to apply for this scholarship is through the online application portal.
Thus, the MPTAAS scholarship is a golden opportunity for those who are not able to pursue higher education due to financial constraints. If you want to study abroad on scholarships but are not sure how to go about it then reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will find and help you apply for a financial aid based on your academic qualifications.