Do you wish to join one of the most prestigious jobs in India? Are you willing to build a career in a field where you can work towards serving the country and the people? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you can consider appearing for the NDA exam. The test provides you with an opportunity to join the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). Now that the official notification is about to be released by UPSC in the month of January, here is a blog that will provide you with all the information pertaining to the NDA exam 2022.
This Blog Includes:
- NDA Exam: Latest Update
- NDA Exam 2022: Overview
- NDA Exam 2022: Eligibility
- NDA Exam 2022: Admission Process
- NDA Exam 2022: Exam Pattern
- NDA Exam 2022: Syllabus
- NDA Exam 2022: Important Dates (Tentative)
- NDA Exam 2022: Preparation Tips
NDA Exam: Latest Update
The Supreme Court on Wednesday i.e. August 18th, 2021 allowed females to take NDA Exam (National Defence Academy to be held on September 5th, 2021. The supreme court said that the policy decision is based on “gender discrimination”. The apex court also mentioned that the admissions will be final orders of the court.
NDA Exam 2022: Overview
NDA exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) is one of the most popular government exams after 12th science. It acts as a gateway for the candidates to join the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted twice a year in the months of April and September where the applicants are assessed in two stages namely Written test and SSB (Service Selection Board) interview. Lakhs of aspiring students take the exam every year and some thousands are shortlisted for the SSB interview round.
NDA Exam 2022: Eligibility
The National Defence Academy exam is not applicable for female candidates and is only open to unmarried male applicants. Listed below are category-wise eligibility criteria for taking the NDA exam. Failing to satisfy even one of the conditions can lead to disqualification of the candidate:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or
- A Tibetian refugee who came to India before 1st of January, 1962 with an intention to settle in India permanently, or
- A candidate of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia to settle in India permanently.
- The candidates relating to categories 2,3 and 4 can apply only if the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility. It is also to be noted that the eligibility certificates are not required in the case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(ii) Age, Sex and Marital Status[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Only unmarried candidates, between the age of 19 and 22 years, are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. The applicants not born before 2nd July 2000 after 1st July 2003 are eligible.
- The date of birth should be the same as entered in the Matriculation certificate or secondary school leaving certificate/ a certificate recognized by an Indian University/ extract from Register of Matriculates maintained by the university.
(iii) Educational Qualifications
- To join the Army Wing of NDA, the candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from the recognized education board.
- For Navy and Air Force of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at INA (Indian Naval Academy), the candidate must have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as core subjects from the recognized education board.
- The candidates who are going to appear for the 12th class examination are eligible to apply provided, they submit evidence on the date designated by UPSC of passing the exam.
- The candidates who are prohibited from holding any type of commission by the Defence Ministry are not eligible to appear for the exam.
- Candidates who could not clear the CPSS/PABT are not eligible for Air Force.
- The physical fitness of the candidates needs to match the set standards as per the guidelines.
NDA Exam 2022: Admission Process
Check all the details pertaining to NDA Exam 2022 application form in the below section:
- The release and availability of the application form on 22nd December 2022 are for the 1st round and 18th May 2022 for the 2nd round.
- Candidates can apply through online mode
- You can withdraw your application within a certain period of time
- Carefully fill all the credentials as no modifications can be done after submission of the form
- Registration will be done in two parts – Part 1 & Part 2.
- In Part 1, candidates need to fill in their basic information and other details in the registration form
- In Part 2, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature, make the choice of exam centre and make payment of the application fee
NDA Exam 2022: Exam Pattern
Considered as one of the most coveted exams of the country, scoring well in the paper needs a well-rooted strategy. The first step towards this is to know the NDA exam pattern in detail. Conducted in an offline mode, the paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQ’s). For every wrong answer, one-third or 0.33 of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted. The table given below highlights the key aspects of the test:
|01||Mathematics||2.5 hours (150 minutes)||300|
|02||General Ability Test||2.5 hours (150 minutes)||600|
|Written Test Total||900|
|SSB Personal Interview||900|
NDA Exam 2022: Syllabus
The written examination of the NDA exam consists of two major sections namely Mathematics and General Ability Test. Tabulated below are the topics covered under each section of the exam:
|Mathematics||General Ability Test:|
2. Matrices and Determinants
4. Analytical Geometry of 2 and 3 Dimensions
5. Differential Calculus
6. Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
7. Vector Algebra
8. Statistics and Probability
|Part A: English
1. Grammar and Usage
2. Comprehension and Cohesion
NDA Exam 2022: Important Dates (Tentative)
Know here NDA Exam 2022 examination dates for several events and sessions of the entrance exam:
|Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release & Availability of Application Form||22nd December 2021||18th May 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||11th Jan 2022||14th June 2022|
|Last Date for Fees Payment||January 2022||June 2022|
|Withdraw of Application Form||End Week of Jan – 1st Week of Feb 2022||–|
|Release & Availability of Admit Card||4th Week of March 2022||August 2022|
|NDA Exam 2022||10th April 2022||4th September 2022|
|Declaration of Result||May 2022||October 2022|
|SSB Interview||July – September 2022||–|
NDA Exam 2022: Preparation Tips
Find out below the preparation tips for the NDA exam in the given below section:
- Prepare a study table and follow it daily
- Candidates must go through the complete details of the NDA exam provided online
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus of NDA
- Practice online and offline mock tests to analyse your exam preparation
- Practice previous sample papers and exam papers for a better understanding of the examination pattern
- Also, study from study materials recommended by the experts.
Yes, you are allowed to appear for both sessions only if you meet the eligibility norms.
Yes, females can now apply for the NDA exam 2021 to be held on Sep 5, 2021.
No, you can only apply via online mode.
No, a candidate who is married is not eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
Yes, you can apply for only the Army wing in the NDA exam.
To stay updated for the NDA exam 2022, it is advised to visit the official website of UPSC on a regular basis.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now familiar with the key elements of the NDA exam. If the question of what to study after 12th bothers you or you want to prepare for other competitive exams then you can reach out to us at Leverage Edu. The experts will help you select the right career path using our revolutionary AI tool. You can also book a 30 minutes free career counselling to get your career-related queries answered within minutes. Hurry up, book your slot now!