In many parts of the country, it is difficult for the girls to walk upon the roads leading to higher education. To empower girl child education and to help them fulfil their dream of attaining quality higher education, the Defence R&D Organisation of Indian offers the DRDO Scholarship. The scholarship is exclusively for the female students and helps them attain their education on their choice at UG and PG levels. For all the applicants exploring scholarships for Indian students, in this blog, we have devised all the details pertaining to DRDO girls scholarship.
This Blog Includes:
|Name of the Scholarship||DRDO Scholarship for Girls 2020|
|Official Body||Defence Research and Development Organisations|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Number of Seats Available||30|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Associated Government Department||Ministry of Defence|
DRDO Scholarship: Overview
The Aeronautics Research and Development Board under the DRDO offers this lucrative scholarship for the girl child. Female students across the entire country can apply for the scholarship to seek help for pursuing UG courses like BE or BTech or PG courses like ME or MTech in fields like Aeronautical Engineering, Space Engineering and Rocketry, Aerospace Engineering and Aircraft Engineering or Avionics. The official authorities have announced that only 30 students will be selected under the DRDO scholarship for girls.
Also Read: CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
as DRDO scholarship is available for UG as well as PG level, there are different requirements that candidates must be aware of while applying for their particular level. To help you get started with your application for the scholarship, we have listed below the requirements for both UG and PG levels-
- It is necessary for the candidate to be an Indian national
- The applicant must have successfully secured admission in the first year of academic programs such as BTech, BE degree or BSc Engineering for the session 2020 and 2021
- The candidates must have qualified JEE mains
- Candidates should have a valid JEE Main score
- The candidate must be a native Indian citizen
- She should have secured admission in the first year of MTech, ME or MSc Engineering course for the year 2020 and 2021
- The applicant must have at least 60% marks in their UG degree.
- It is important to note that in the cases where CGPA to CPI conversion formula is not obtainable, 6.75 will be considered equivalent to 60% as per the AICTE guidelines
- Candidates must have a valid GATE exam score
DRDO Scholarship: Seats and Awards
Now that we are familiar with what all is necessary to become eligible for DRDO Scholarship, now is the time to get a hold of the number of seats available as well as the amount that will be offered to the selected candidates. For the UG courses, there are 20 seats available and to every selected student an amount of 1,20,000 for four consecutive years will be provided. On the other hand, only 10 students will be selected under the master’s course scholarship. The selected students will receive on an average INR 15,500 per month or INR 1,86,000 for a period of 2 years.
Must Read: CSS Scholarship 2020
DRDO Scholarship: Selection Process
The governing body of the DRDO scholarship has laid down major criteria upon which the entire selection process will be based. For the first year, undergraduate scholarship students main parameter for selection would be the score of JEE mains. All the female candidates must know that candidates without a valid JEE main School will not be considered for the scholarship. Whereas for the first year postgraduate scholarship, the selection will be entirely made on the basis of GATE score. Applicants without a valid GATE score will not be able to apply for the scheme.
Apply Now for these Merit-cum-Means Based MCM Scholarships!
Conditions of DRDO Scholarship
In order to avoid and end moment hustle or confusions related to the scholarship, the official body has let down certain conditions which candidates must be familiar with. Here are the important conditions pertaining to the scholarship-
- If the scholarship renewal is discontinued for a particular candidate it will not be granted further even if they abide by the eligibility criteria in the later years.
- To avail the DRDO scholarship, it is compulsory for the candidates to prove that they are not seeking financial help through any other scholarship across the globe. The candidate as well as the academic institution has to provide a countersigned document.
Thus, we hope that our blog on DRDO scholarship has provided you with all the necessary details about this program. Managing monetary funds is one of the biggest things to handle when planning to seek higher education. Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu and they will guide you how you can study abroad with the help of a lucrative scholarship. Sign up for an e-meeting with us today!