Korean culture is not just famous for its K-POP singers or skincare products but also for fostering value education and innovation. When it comes to the universities in Korea, they are well known for their modern teaching facilities and quality education and offer various courses in a different stream from law to biomedical engineering and MBA too. Students with degrees from top universities in the capital city of Seoul are in higher demand all around the globe. In this blog, we will unravel the top universities in Seoul.
Do you know? Seoul is the center of South Korea’s Economy, culture, and politics.
Also Read: Study in South Korea for Indian Students
Table of contents
Top 10 Universities in Seoul
Selecting the best from the rest can be difficult and confusing. That’s why we have listed the top 10 Universities in Seoul to help you in selecting your dream university.
|Universities in Seoul||QS Ranking|
|Seoul National University||37|
|Kyung Hee University||236|
|Ewha Womans University||333|
|Hankuk University of Foreign Studies||392|
Also Read: Top Universities in USA
Seoul National University
Seoul National University is one of the most esteemed institutions located in Seoul, South Korea. It is a public university that has about 2,370 international students established in 1946. At present, Seoul National University is home to 28,000 students enrolled in graduate, postgraduate, and doctorate courses that offer courses in law, business management, environmental studies, medicine, public administration, etc. Some of the popular courses are listed below:
Korea University was established in 1905 and the first university fully funded and operated solely by Koreans. There are more than 5,000 international students and a total of 33,00 thousand enrolled at present in Korea University. The university offers courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Some of the popular courses streams are:
Sungkyunkwan University is one of the oldest institutions in Seoul, but in East Asia, it is also a private university established in 1398. There are 3,821 international students and known for their international collaboration programs that help students gain a better insight into the international environment and immense scope of professional and personal development. Some of the popular courses are:
- Social Science
- Business Administration
Yonsei University is one of the finest universities in Seoul and is also a member of SKY universities and an esteemed institution in Asia for medicine and business. It is a private university established in 1885 and has an international student population of about 5,046 and home to more than 38,000 students enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs across four campuses. Some of the popular courses are:
- Data Science
Hanyang University is a private research institution in Seoul established in 1939 and has enrolled more than 3,000 international students. The students who have completed their education from Hanyang University have proved to be experts in theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge. Hanyang University combines modern teaching methods with industry exposure for its students. Some of the popular courses are:
Do you know? Seoul has 5 UNESCO Heritage sites Changdeok Palace, Hwaseong Fortress, Jongmyo Shrine, Namhansanseong, and the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty.
Also Read: MBA in USA
Before applying to universities all applicants are advised to check the course eligibility criteria. Every course and university has its set standard of eligibility that every applicant has to fulfil. Here is some common eligibility of admission to apply for universities in Seoul:
- For undergraduate courses, applicants must have completed thor 10+ 2 education and for postgraduate courses, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the related field.
- Courses in Seoul are taught in Korean and the English language. Applicants have to submit the language proficiency certificate. For Korean language courses accepted test is TOPIK and for English proficiency accepted test is IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Every applicant must have a D-2 student visa before departure.
Also Read: Exams to Study Abroad
Other Universities in Seoul
Seoul is filled with eminent institutions and students from all around the globe are interested in pursuing courses from universities in Seoul. Here are some other prominent universities:
- Dongguk University
- The Catholic University of Korea
- Segong University
- Inha University
- University of Seoul
- Konkuk University
- Dankook University
- Seoul National University of Science and Technology
Why should I study in Universities in Seoul?
The most question among student why should choose universities in Seoul over universities in USA, UK, or any other country. If you are looking for a reason, here is a list of reasons you should consider these internationally renowned universities:
- One of the major concerns about studying abroad is if that particular city or country is safe for international students. Seoul is one of the safest places for international students pursuing higher studies and in fact, the crime rate is much compared to other parts of South Korea.
- When you move out to study abroad the question that comes to your mind is will I able to fit in or what is the culture? You don’t have to worry about this if you choose universities in the capital city of Korea because Koreans are very welcoming and amiable.
- The biggest misconception is that the courses taught are all in the Korean language. This is not true because there are plenty of courses that are available in the English language as well. So, you don’t have to learn or know the Korean language if you are planning to study in South Korea or Seoul.
Do you know? Seoul is divided into 25 administrative divisions and each division has a separate government.
Also Read: South Korean Education System
Samsung, KIA, Hyundai are some of the popular South Korean companies.
You will need a D- Visa for studying in the universities in Seoul
Yes, the universities in Seoul are safe for international students.
No, most of the universities in Seoul offer courses in the English language.
This was all about the universities in Seoul. If you are planning to pursue one of the courses from the above-mentioned universities or need information about studying abroad, sign up for a free session with our experts and counsellors at Leverage Edu. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and also subscribe to our newsletter.