South Korea is an East Asian country located on the Korean Peninsula’s southern half. It is popular for its lush, mountainous terrain, cherry trees, centuries-old Buddhist temples, and high-tech cities like Seoul. People who want to visit the Republic of Korea or South Korea for study, work or stay purposes have to obtain a South Korean Visa. Let’s explore how to obtain a Student Visa for South Korea from India.
Must Read: Top Universities in South Korea
This Blog Includes:
- Student Visa for South Korea from India
- Eligibility for Student Visa for South Korea from India
- Documents Required South Korea Student Visa
- Visa Fees for Student Visa for South Korea from India
- Fees for Other South Korea Visa
- South Korea Student Visa Process for Indian Students
- Processing Time for South Korea Visa
Student Visa for South Korea from India
Before the start of the semester, all degree-seeking international students must receive a student visa (D-2). Other sorts of Visa (Example: F-type, E-type, A-type, etc.) that allow international students to enroll in a degree-seeking program at a Korean university are also accepted. However, short-term visas such as B-type or C-type Visas are not suitable since they prevent foreigners from enrolling in academic programs at Korean universities. Student Visa for South Korea from India (D-2) can be obtained from India through a Korean embassy or consulate.
Eligibility for Student Visa for South Korea from India
Applying for a South Korea will be easy and hassle-free if you meet all the requirements. Here are some of the basic eligibility for student Visa for South Korea from India:
- Reason for Travel -You must have a legitimate and strong reason for visiting the country.
- Eligible to cover all costs – You must have enough monetary funds to maintain yourself and any dependents throughout your stay.
- Reasons to return – You must have strong ties to your home country in order to return after your stay.
- Be of good character – You must be of good character and have a clean criminal record. For this, you have to present a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Be in good health – You must at least meet the authorities’ basic health requirements.
- Genuine Motive- You must be a true travel enthusiast who is eager to see the country. To prove your desire to come, you must have already made the necessary travel arrangements.
Make Your Scores Skyrocket with Leverage Live Experts!
Documents Required South Korea Student Visa
- Form of Application
- 1 photograph of passport size
- Authentic passport (Minimum 6 Months Validity)
- Academic records that have been notarized and have a true copy attested (Apostille).
- Financial records (Notarized or original, 6 months bank statement till the date of submission)
- The designated hospital issues a certificate of good health for the TB test
- Statement of Purpose/Study Plan
- Finance guarantor’s letter
Documents Required for Other South Korea Visa
- The original passport, as well as any previous passports with at least 6 months of validity and at least 3 blank pages.
- Visa Application
- Recent colour pictures by orm2 (Photo Specification)
- Personal covering letter (Plain Paper for Employed/ Letterhead for Self-Employed)
- Original bank statement
- Form 16 (Income Tax Returns) of the last two years
Also Read: MBA in South Korea
Visa Fees for Student Visa for South Korea from India
|Short Term Single Entry||90 days||3 months||2800|
|Long Term Single Entry||90 days||3 months||4200|
|Double Entry Visa||90 days||3 months||4900|
|Multiple Entry||90 days||3 months||6300|
Fees for Other South Korea Visa
|Multiple entries Normal||30 days||3 months||7275.0|
|Single entry Normal||90 days||3 months||3775.0|
|Multiple entries Normal||90 days||3 months||7275.0|
|Multiple entry Express||90 days||3 months||10075.0|
|Single entry Express||30 days||3 months||5875.0|
|Multiple entry Express||30 days||3 months||10075.0|
|Single entry Normal||30 days||3 months||3775.0|
|Double-entry Normal||90 days||3 months||5875.0|
|Double-entry Express||90 days||3 months||5875.0|
South Korea Student Visa Process for Indian Students
To study or travel in South Korea individuals have to apply through the embassy or consulate as a Visa on arrival is not available in the country. Here is the stepwise process to obtain a student Visa for South Korea from India:
- To begin, you must send a fully completed Application form to the Korean universities admission centre, together with academic transcripts, a copy of your passport, a copy of your student code of conduct, a graduation certificate (from your former school), and proof of language competency (KUAC)
- KUAC will examine your documents to determine whether or not your profile is real and appropriate for your applied study program
- An interview will be conducted after a successful evaluation to see if your profile is authentic
- You will receive an offer letter along with a KUAC fee invoice
- Prepare your documentation such as a statement of purpose, study plan, an affidavit of financial funds or sponsorship, a certificate of family relationship, a six-month bank statement and medical checkup report
- Submit all mandatory documents to the Korean universities admission centre and pay the application fee
- The final admission letter will be sent to you by the university/college. You can submit your Visa application after obtaining the final admission letter.
- After you have admission letter, you can apply for the Visa with the South Korean embassy in your country.
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Jobs in UK
Processing Time for South Korea Visa
South Korea Visa has a high success rate and is processed quickly as compared to other countries Visa. Student Visa for South Korea from India or any other Visa type will take around 5 to 8 working days to be processed. All individuals are advised to submit their applications ahead of time to prevent travel delays.
If your visa is denied, you can appeal by writing to the Republic of Korea’s embassy or you can reapply for the visa.
Yes, you have to submit all updates mandatory documents each time you apply for a Visa to the Republic of Korea.
The service delivery provider for the South Korean embassy in New Delhi is VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd (VFS). VFS’s job is to accept Visa applications and return passports, documents to clients on behalf of the South Korean embassy.
Using the South Korea VFS reference number and your date of birth, applicants can check the status of their South Korea visa application online.
You have up to two months to two weeks before your departure date to submit all your documents and application.
This is how you can get Visa for South Korea from India. Are you planning to study in Korea but are confused about where to start from? Contact our study abroad consultants and kickstart your study abroad journey today. Call us at 1800 57 2000 for a FREE 30-minute counselling session.