Scholarships are a great way for underprivileged students to gain access to higher education. If you are struggling with financial restraints, a scholarship can provide you with the incentive to pursue your dream education, without the burden of hefty tuition fees. This article covers all the aspects of the Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship offered by the Department of Minority Welfare, from the eligibility criteria to the application process and more!
|Name of the scholarship||Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship (PJMS)|
|Organisation||Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala|
|Eligibility||Kerala domiciles belonging to the minority communities|
|Amount||Up to INR 15,000|
|Last date of Application||5th February 2021|
|Official Website||DMW Scholarships (Kerala)|
This Blog Includes:
About the Scholarship
The Joseph Mundassery Scholarship, launched by the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala, provides financial assistance to students belonging to economically backward minorities, domiciled in Kerala, to complete their education. The scholarship offers incentives to meritorious students belonging to minority communities such as Christian, Buddhism, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, or Parsi pursuing education at SSLC, 10+2, and Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VHSE) level. Candidates eligible for this scholarship get financial assistance upto INR 15,000 annually, based on their education level.
- Candidates should be studying in institutions that are recognized by the Indian government.
- Candidates should compulsorily be domiciled in Kerala. Other state students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidates should be having a bank account in their name in any of the Nationalized Banks.
- The candidate should belong to minority communities such as Christian, Buddhism, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, or Parsi.
- The students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant should be less than INR 8,00,000 from all sources.
Following is the list of documents that require submission by the candidates to avail the Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship:
- Scanned copy of Aadhar card
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets
- Income certificate of the applicants’ parent/ guardian
- Copy of Community certificate/ Minority certificate
- Copy of Nativity certificate
- Copy of Ration card
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if any)
- Recent passport size photograph
- Printout of the Registration form with photo affixed
- Copy of the first page of the bank passbook
- Residential certificate/ Domicile certificate
Keep in mind that if a candidate does not adhere to the given eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected by the DCE.
Application Process for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
The application process for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is completely online and the candidates need to register at the official website to fill out the application form. The steps to fill out the application process is as follows:
- Log on to the official DMW scholarship portal.
- Choose the link that says Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship – (PJMS) and then click on the apply online button.
- Click on the registration button and fill in the required details that include personal details such as name, contact number, address and bank details.
- Create a login ID and password as per registration norms of the website and accept the terms and conditions after reading them thoroughly.
- Upload a recent passport size photo, the signature of the candidate and other relevant scanned documents.
- Proceed to complete the registration process and submit the application form.
The candidate should visit the Minority Welfare Scholarships online portal and click on the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award link. The students must click on the ‘SSLC Selection List’ or ‘HSC/ VHSE Selection List’ link displayed on the webpage. After that, enter the details such as Scholarship Type, State, District, and Name of the College/ Institution, etc. A list of the students selected along with the respective institution name is displayed on the screen.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Benefits
The Joseph Mundassery scholarship provides financial assistance to meritoriously bright candidates based on their education level. Following are the specific rewards granted to the eligible candidates:
- SSLC students with A+ grades in all subjects get a scholarship amount of INR 10,000.
- UG level students with an academic score of 80% and above get a scholarship amount of INR 15,000.
- PG level students with an academic score of 75% and above get a scholarship amount of INR 15,000.
If the candidates have any queries regarding the PJMS scholarship, they can get in touch with the DMW on the following contact details
- Address: Supervisor, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
- Helpline Number: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Fine Arts Scholarships
- Mother Teresa Scholarship
- E Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship
- MPTAAS scholarship
- Albukhary Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
This was all the relevant information regarding the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship. This scholarship introduced by the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala offers tremendous scope for students to aim for higher education without any financial obstacles. For more information regarding similar scholarship schemes, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.