Joseph Mundassery Scholarship offered by the Department of Minority Welfare scholarships is a great way for underprivileged students to gain access to higher education. If you are struggling with financial restraints, a scholarship can provide you with the incentive to pursue your dream education. The ultimate goal of this scholarship is to help outstanding students fulfil their dreams. Read on to this blog to know everything about Joseph Mundassery Scholarship.
This Blog Includes:
What is Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
The Joseph Mundassery Scholarship, launched by the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala, provides financial assistance to students belonging to economically backward minorities, domiciled in Kerala, to complete their education. The scholarship offers incentives to meritorious students belonging to minority communities such as Christian, Buddhism, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, or Parsi pursuing education at SSLC, 10+2, and Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VHSE) level. Candidates eligible for this scholarship get financial assistance of up to INR 15,000 annually, based on their education level.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award Details
The Joseph Mundassery scholarship provides financial assistance to meritoriously bright candidates based on their education level. Following are the specific rewards granted to the eligible candidates:
- SSLC students with A+ grades in all subjects get a scholarship amount of INR 10,000.
- UG-level students with an academic score of 80% and above get a scholarship of INR 15,000.
- PG-level students with an academic score of 75% and above get a scholarship of INR 15,000.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Eligibility
- Candidates should be studying in institutions that are recognized by the Indian government.
- Candidates should compulsorily be domiciled in Kerala. Other state students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidates should be having a bank account in their name in any of the Nationalized Banks.
- The candidate should belong to minority communities such as Christian, Buddhism, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, or Parsi.
- Students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant should be less than INR 8,00,000 from all sources.
Also Read: Holland Scholarship
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Application Process
The application process for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is entirely online and the candidates need to register at the official website to fill out the application form. The steps to fill out the application process are as follows:
- Log on to the official DMW scholarship portal.
- Choose the link that says Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship – (PJMS) and then click on the apply online button.
- Click on the registration button and fill in the required details that include personal details such as name, contact number, address and bank details.
- Create a login ID and password as per the registration norms of the website and accept the terms and conditions after reading them thoroughly.
- Upload a recent passport-size photo, the candidate’s signature and other relevant scanned documents.
- Proceed to complete the registration process and submit the application form.
Following is the list of documents that require submission by the candidates to avail of the Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship:
- Scanned copy of the Aadhar card
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets
- Income certificate of the applicant’s parent/ guardian
- Copy of Community certificate/ Minority certificate
- Copy of Nativity certificate
- Copy of Ration card
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if any)
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Printout of the Registration form with photo affixed
- Copy of the first page of the bank passbook
- Residential certificate/ Domicile certificate
Keep in mind that if a candidate does not adhere to the given eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected by the DCE.
Also Read: UGC Scholarship
Joseph Mundassery Selection Process
The candidate should visit the Minority Welfare Scholarships online portal and click on the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award link. The students must click on the ‘SSLC Selection List’ or ‘HSC/ VHSE Selection List’ link displayed on the webpage. After that, enter the details such as Scholarship Type, State, District, and Name of the College/ Institution, etc. A list of the students selected along with the respective institution name is displayed on the screen.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Guidelines
To know all about this scholarship, here is a PDF for you-
If the candidates have any queries regarding the PJMS scholarship, they can get in touch with the DMW at the following contact details
- Address: Supervisor, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
- Helpline Number: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Fine Arts Scholarships
- Mother Teresa Scholarship
- E Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship
- MPTAAS scholarship
- Albukhary Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is offered by the Department of Minority Welfare scholarships for underprivileged students to help them gain access to higher education.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship ranges from INR 10,000 – INR 15,000.
UG-level students must obtain an academic score of 80% to apply for this scholarship.
Students can visit the official website for this scholarship and check the same.
Address: Supervisor, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
Helpline Number: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
Email ID: email@example.com
This was all the relevant information regarding the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship. This scholarship introduced by the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala offers tremendous scope for students to aim for higher education without any financial obstacles. For more information regarding similar scholarship schemes, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram.