Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship is a scholarship programme organised by the Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for international students who wish to pursue higher studies. Through the Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship, Indian students get an opportunity to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at Dalhousie University. If you wish to know more about this scholarship, read on as here we shall discuss the same briefly.
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based, College Specific|
|Applicable for||PG courses – Masters and Doctoral|
|Eligibility for International Students||Yes|
|Deadline||15 Jan, 2022|
|Amount Offered||USD 40,000|
This Blog Includes:
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
- How to Apply
- Selection Process for Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
- Grant Details of Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
Here are some of the important details you must know about the scholarship:
- The scholarship is awarded annually.
- Candidates must be enrolled for a full time master’s or doctoral course at Dalhousie University.
- An application form for the same must be submitted before the deadline.
- Applications for Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship are taken through the Harmonized Scholarship Process which also allows students to get access to other scholarship programmes at Dalhousie University.
Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
To be applicable for receiving the Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship awarded by Dalhousie University, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria as specified by the University. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates can apply from all over the world, however, it must be noted that Iranian applicants are given a preference.
- Applicants must have enrolled at Dalhousie University for a full time Masters or Doctoral Course.
- Applicants must have maintained a 3.7 GPA on a scale of 4.3 in the previous two academic years.
- Applicants must be eligible for complete tenure of the course upon renewal.
- Applicants from any discipline can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the Abdul Majid Bade Graduate Scholarship can apply for it by following a step by step application process. The application process for is given below:
- The application form can be filled by following the Harmonizes Scholarship Process. This process basically involves filling up a common form for various scholarships.
- Applicants can follow two ways for applying for this scholarship :
- New students at Dalhousie University can apply directly before the deadline specified by their department.
- Or the departments can nominate candidates whom they consider to be eligible and submit their paperwork.
- Applicants must submit the following documents –
- Completed application form
- All academic transcripts
It is to be noted here that application forms must be sent via post and candidates are advised to adhere to the deadlines released by notification by the organization.
Selection Process for Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
Applicants are automatically selected on the basis of the Tri Council Guideline that includes – academic qualifications, research ability, interpersonal and leadership abilities and communication skills. The selection process is carried out after a careful evaluation of the profiles.
Selection Process for Masters Applicants
Masters applications are reviewed on the basis of CGS M Criteria, i.e
- Evaluation on the basis of academic excellence – Type of program and course taken up, duration of previous studies etc.
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership skills, Volunteering behaviour, work experience, communication skills, ability to apply theoretical concepts to use.
- Research Potential – Ability to apply skills, Feasibility of research work, Quality of Research work.
Selection Process for Doctoral Applicants
Doctoral applications are reviewed on the basis of CGS D Criteria, i.e
- Evaluation on the basis of academic excellence – type of program and course taken up, duration of previous studies, co curricular activities etc.
- Research Potential – Ability to apply skills, Feasibility of research work, Quality of Research work, contributions and extent of advancement in research.
In both the cases, offers are communicated to the respective departments and applicants are given 21 days to accept or reject the offer.
Grant Details of Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship
Candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship scheme must regularly be updated about the notification release and must start planning.
- Dalhousie University offers other scholarships too for international students who wish to pursue higher studies i.e. post graduate degree at Dalhousie university.
- The scholarship amount is USD 40,000 (INR 32 Lakhs) which covers up the cost of attendance and living in Canada. Students must note that the tuition fee is not waived off by the scholarship. The applicants are required to pay the same with the scholarship amount they receive.
- The scholarship is awarded annually to international students.
So, this was all you need to know about the Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship. Hope you found this blog to be of help for your application. Planning to pursue higher studies abroad ? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu to guide you through the cumbersome application process.