Aichi Scholarship Program is a scholarship provided by the Aichi Prefectural Government for students who want to pursue studies in Aichi. The scholarship is available for students from Asia who travel to Aichi to pursue graduation after a research period of 6 months in specialised fields and related subjects. The purpose of providing this scholarship is to support Aichi’s manufacturing industry. After the completion of the course, these students get recruitment within Aichi. The guidelines for the Aichi scholarship Program are provided by the Aichi Prefectural Government depending upon their budget. Moreover, this scholarship is mainly for international students and not for students who are already in Japan. If you want to know more about the Aichi Scholarship Program, eligibility requirements, application procedure and much more then keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
If you want to enroll for the scholarship program then you need to qualify the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: If you want to apply for the Aichi Scholarship Program then you need to be under 35 years of age (Born after April 2, 1986)
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of the following Asian countries for application of the scholarship.
- Heath: In order to apply for the scholarship you need to be healthy enough to accomplish the program both physically and mentally.
- Academic Degree: You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and you need to have completed a 16-year regular school education before applying for the scholarship program. Moreover, you have to study subjects recognized as pertinent for Aichi’s manufacturing industry as support.
- No other Scholarship: You must not have received any scholarships from any other organisations including the Japanese government of your own country. Moreover, your spouses currently receiving a scholarship by Aichi Prefectural Government are also not eligible to apply.
- Japanese Language Tests: You must have a good command of the Japanese language and seek employment in Aichi. Moreover, I have to pass the N2 level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test(JLPT) while applying.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: You must seek employment at a company that has headquarters or branch offices located in Aichi.
- Other Conditions: During the first year of the internship you are required to participate in the internship programs. You also need to arrive in Japan before October and on the date designated by the Governor. After arrival, you are supposed to enrol in the National Health Insurance System.
You may be interested in: Universities in Japan
The selection and recommendation for the eligible candidates for Aichi’s Scholarship Program are done by the Selection Committee of the Toyohashi University of Technology. This committee takes the decision about recipients among all candidates recommended by the universities. The results are preferably announced by the end of July. The living allowance is not paid for the students who fail to earn employment notification by the end of January. Another important thing you need to keep in mind when applying is that the documents are not returned once submitted and the incomplete documents or applications after the deadlines are also not accepted.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for the applications was 5th April 2021, and it is expected to be 5th April 2022 but it may vary depending upon the guidelines issued by Aichi’s Prefectural Government. You are required to submit all application-related documents first by email before sending them by postal mail.
The documents required for applying for the Aichi Scholarship program are:
- Application form
- Proof of Graduation or a certificate of student status and proof of expected graduations
- Certificate of health to be issued within last 6 months
- Academic records issued by the university in which student pursued graduation
- Certified copy of Passport
- Letter of Recommendation(s)
- Passport size photographs that too taken within past 6 months
- Certificate or proof of language ability
- Japanese Translation of Study Plan, Proposed Work Plan After Completing the Program or Application Form.
- Japanese Translation of Recommendation Letter to the governor of Aichi Prefecture.
Check out this blog: Cost of Studying in Japan
Benefits of the Aichi Scholarship
The benefits of the Aichi Scholarship Program are as follows:
- The scholarship provides aid of 150,000 Yen per month but this amount will be reduced if you leave Japan for more than 30 days or take a leave of absence from school.
- This scholarship includes travel expenses to Japan that is basically decided by the governor and it doesn’t include the return airfare.
- This scholarship includes entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition fees for both research and graduate study.
- The scholarship is for the period of 2 years to 6 months starting from October 2021 and ending in March 2024.
- This aid is terminated if you are found violating the pledge or if you cannot pass your master’s course entrance examination before March 2022.
Check out this blog: Top 4 Japan Scholarships for Indian Students You Never Knew Existed!
The selection and recommendation for the eligible candidates for Aichi’s Scholarship Program are done by the Selection Committee of the Toyohashi University of Technology. This committee takes the decision about recipients among all candidates recommended by the universities. The results are preferably announced by the end of July.
If you want a full scholarship in Japan to pursue your higher studies then you must apply for the MEXT Scholarship.
Every year the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho) provides scholarships for international students mainly basically providing the opportunity to live and study in Japan.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.