Among the many facilities provided by institutions to ease finances, scholarships are one of the easiest and most appropriate options for students. They are utilised by multiple students varying across courses like medicine, engineering, computer science, etc., and merit. There are students from various streams, among which fine arts has become prominent. If you too are inclined towards fine art and consider it as an apt medium to express your creativity that lies within, then go through the blog where we will cover some notable fine arts scholarships for Indian students.
This Blog Includes:
- List of Fine Arts Scholarships
- Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship
- The University Of Northampton – Master’s Scholarships
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program, USA
- Centre for Competitive Creative Design and Design Thinking Excellence Scholarships
- IED Fellowships
- Application Process
List of Fine Arts Scholarships
|Scholarship name||Organization||Eligibility Criteria||Benefits|
|Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme||Centre For Cultural Resources and Training||The applicant’s age range should be between 10 to 14 years. They should be from those schools or families which belong to the practice of arts.||Approximately rupees 3600 would be provided to all the selected candidates. Rupees 9000 would be given as reimbursement in case of any specialized training needed|
|Saryu Doshi Graduate Fellowships in Liberal Arts & Sciences||Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation||UG students from recognized Indian Universities are eligible. Candidates must have secured admission to a foreign University in liberal arts courses on a merit basis.||Rupees 3,00,000 would be provided to cover the tuition expenses only and other expenses would not be borne under this scholarship.|
|Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship||Inlaks Foundation||Candidates who have pursued their PG from abroad are not eligible for this scholarship. Candidates must have a First-class degree from a recognized University. Candidates must be of 30 years maximum.||The maximum amount provided would be 1,00,000 USD. Under the scholarship amount, the following expenses would be covered: Tuition fees, Living expenses, Travel allowance, and Health Insurance.|
|Scheme for Scholarships to Young artists in Different Cultural Fields||Centre for Cultural Resources and Training||Candidates must have a degree in the chosen field along with proof of interest. Age should be between 18 and 25 years with a minimum of 5 years of training in the chosen field from a reputed institution.||5000 rupees would be given to the scholar per month for two years to cover the expenses.|
|Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA||US Government||It is offered to students who want to pursue their PG and PhD degrees. There are approximately 160 participating countries and Eligibility Criteria vary for every nationality||The scholarship amount varies but it covers living expenses, Tuition fees, Health Insurance, etc.|
|Global Korean Scholarship||Korean Government||Offered for UG, PG, and P.hD courses. Applicant and their parents must be the citizen of their country of origin. Applicants should not hold Korean Citizenship and should have scored a 3.0 GPA from the last education institute attended.||It is a fully funded scholarship which covers both educational and non-educational expenses.|
|Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships||Friedrich Ebert Stiftung||Students from Asia, Africa, and Europe are eligible to apply for UG, PG PhD, and diploma courses. Proper knowledge of English and German is required along with above-average performance in Academics.||Approximately 750 euros would be given to the selected students and in some cases, health insurance and family allowance would be given as well.|
|The University Of Northampton – Master’s Scholarships||University Of Northampton||The scholarship is offered for International Students undertaking PG Courses||50% of the tuition fee of the selected candidates would be sponsored under this scholarship|
|The Regents Of The University Of Michigan Undergraduate Scholarship Awards||University Of Michigan||The scholarship is offered for International Students undertaking UG Courses. Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4, an SAT score of 1020, and an IELTS score of 6.5 band||$10,000 will be given annually to the selected candidate which makes it $40,000 for four years.|
|Postgraduate Ghana Scholarship at the University Of Stirling||University Of Stirling||Candidates must be from Ghana. Post Graduation is offered for the following programs: Art and Design, Business Finance, Art and Design Architecture.||Tuition fees (4000 pounds ) would be covered under this scholarship.|
|Centre for Competitive Creative Design and Design Thinking Excellence Scholarships||Cranfield University||Candidates must be from the UK and European Union. The scholarship is offered for pursuing MDes in Design Thinking. Before seeking a scholarship, admission must be secured in Cranfield University||Under this scholarship, the full tuition fee for the course will be sponsored.|
Also Read: PhD Abroad With Scholarships
Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship
Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship is offered to deserving and diligent Indian students who want to pursue their master’s and doctoral level degrees in fine arts and visual arts. The foundation of this scholarship was laid in the year 1976 by Indoo Shivdasani to pursue philanthropic activities further.
- A first-class degree certificate or its equivalent from an accredited Indian university or institution is required of applicants.
- They will mostly be evaluated based on their portfolio.
- Candidates with foreign postgraduate degrees are ineligible.
- Additionally, candidates who have already started their postgraduate studies overseas are ineligible.
- Prior to submitting an application for this scholarship, you must first be accepted to a university abroad.
- Candidates may not be older than 30.
- The Foundation will need evidence that applicants are strong achievers in school and in other areas.
- The costs of tuition, one-way transportation, health care, and a sufficient standard of living are all covered.
- The top limit is set at $100,000 USD. If an applicant’s costs are greater than this cap, they will need to demonstrate their ability to pay for those costs.
The University Of Northampton – Master’s Scholarships
University Of Northampton Master’s Scholarships is a merit-based fine arts scholarship provided by the University of Northampton offered to deserving and meritorious students and in this scholarship, the tuition fee is waived off up to 50%.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or the equivalent.
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Northampton is required for applicants.
50% of the chosen students’ tuition fees are covered.
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program, USA
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program is a prestigious scholarship given by the US government which offers 8000 grants and promotes international exchange between the USA and other countries.
Centre for Competitive Creative Design and Design Thinking Excellence Scholarships
Centre for Competitive Creative Design and Design Thinking Excellence Scholarship is offered by Cranfield University in the upcoming domain of design thinking which does make students industry ready and this course is offered at the Masters level to the students.
These art scholarships for Indian students are provided by the European Institute of Design in Italy and are for master’s programmes in Milan, Venice, Rome, Florence, Madrid, and Barcelona. These fellowships are open to students applying to programmes in the visual arts, fashion, and design, among others.
- Candidates must be in possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 50% of students’ tuition costs are covered.
Although the application process for fellowships and scholarships can vary slightly, it is generally the same. Learn how to apply for Indian Student Art Scholarships by reading on.
- Putting together all the necessary documentation is the first step. These comprise certified copies of the transcripts, an updated resume, a portfolio of work samples, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Some fellowship programmes could demand that applicants provide further paperwork.
- Applicants may continue with their application once they have gathered the required paperwork. The websites of the organisations sponsoring Indian student art scholarships have the application forms there.
- The form link must be clicked by applicants, who must then enter their personal and professional information.
- Once they’ve done that, they can upload the required documents. Some organisations and programmes require candidates to email their supporting documentation.
- Candidates may submit their applications after completing the aforementioned stages. Details regarding their interviews will be sent to selected candidates via email.
The absence of financial support for arts programmes is frequently a barrier for aspiring Indian artists. Indian students may find it expensive to study the fine arts abroad, but there are numerous scholarships available now. These facilitate the smooth accomplishment of goals for aspirant artists from many artistic sectors.
Indian Scholarships For The Arts Benefits including tuition waivers, airfare, monthly stipends, health insurance, and help with housing are provided by students who want to study abroad. However, in order to support their claims and demonstrate their abilities, applicants must have an impressive portfolio or body of work.
There are, indeed. Tuition, medical expenses, housing costs, and a monthly stipend are some potential advantages of art scholarships for Indian students.
Students can check their eligibility by reading the requirements of various fellowship and scholarship programmes. If so, they can gather the required paperwork and complete the online application found on the organization’s website.
Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, France, the United States, Italy, Spain, and Australia are a few nations that provide art scholarships to Indian students.
Are you also looking for opportunities to study abroad? If the answer is yes, the experts at Leverage Edu can make your journey easier as they will be guiding you throughout the process. To take help from the experts simply register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000.