There are many students with a passion for music, who are not able to pursue this dream due to financial restraints. If you are inclined towards applying for courses related to Music and Fine Arts, then MFAS, Music Fine Arts Scholarship is one such program, launched by DCE, Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, which provides financial assistance to candidates of lower-income groups in Kerala, pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate course in music or fine arts from a government college. This blog will help you take an in-depth look into the fundamentals of the MFAS scholarship, from the eligibility criteria to the application process and more!
|Name of the Scholarship||Music Fine Arts Scholarship|
|Organisation||Department of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Kerala|
|Amount||Up to INR 1,500 per annum|
|Eligibility||Students studying in Government Music/Fine Arts Colleges|
|Application commencement Date||September 2022 (expected date)|
|Application deadline||Not yet declared|
|Contact details||Phone No.: 0471-2306580Mobile No.: 9446096580|
This Blog Includes:
- About Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Eligibility Criteria for Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Documents Required for Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Application Process of Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Selection Process of Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Scholarships Types & Amount under DCE Kerala Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
About Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
The DCE Kerala Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS) offers scholarships to provide an opportunity to candidates of the low-income group in Kerala, to pursue courses related to Music and Fine Arts. Candidates eligible for this scholarship scheme gets the benefit of monthly and yearly financial assistance depending on their course and the field of specialisation.
Eligibility Criteria for Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
To be eligible for the MFAS scholarship, the candidates must satisfy the following criteria.
- The candidate must be a native of Kerala to avail of the MFAS scholarship.
- Qualifications: Candidate must be pursuing UG or PG courses in music or fine arts in a Government Music College or Government Fine Arts College.
Note: Keep in mind that if a candidate does not adhere to the given eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected by the DCE.
Documents Required for Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
Here is a list of the documents that the students are required to submit to the Head of the Institution, to avail of the DCE Kerala Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS) scholarship:
- Printout of the registration form.
- Recent passport-size photographs of the candidate.
- Copy of certificate for passing the annual examination.
- Attested copy of bank passbook by any gazetted officer.
Application Process of Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
The application process of MFAS is completely online and the candidates need to register at the official website http://www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/ to fill out the application form.
The steps to fill out the application process is as follows:
- Log on to the official DCE scholarship portal.
- Choose the link that says Music Fine Arts Scholarship – DCE (MFAS) and then click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Click on the registration button and fill in the required details that include:
- Matriculation or equivalent examination
- Personal details such as name, contact number, address etc.
- Details of course based on which scholarship will be sought
- Bank details
- A registration ID will be generated automatically.
- Proceed to complete the registration process and submit.
- Then finally click on ‘Candidate Login’ to complete the application process.
Selection Process of Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Candidates are required to submit the hard copy of the registration form along with the specified documents to the head of the institution for verification, failing to which the application of the candidate will be rejected for further process.
- After the verification of the documents by the Head of the Institute/ Principal, the online application of the candidate will be approved on the scholarship portal.
- Then the documents of the candidates will undergo inspection by the Scholarship Inspection Team under the Department of Education before the final selection.
Scholarships Types & Amount under DCE Kerala Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
|B.P.A./ BA (Music)||Rs. 1,250 (annually)|
|M.P.A./ MA (Music)||Rs. 1,500 (annually)|
|Fine Arts (UG) – Bharatnatyam||Rs. 300 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (UG) – Drawing/ Painting||Rs. 250 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (UG) – Mohiniyattam||Rs. 300 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (UG) – Sculpture and Modeling||Rs. 250 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (UG) – Kathakali||Rs. 500 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (PG) – Kathakali||Rs. 750 (monthly)|
|Fine Arts (PG) – Other categories||Rs. 500 (monthly)|
Students who wish to avail of music scholarship are generally required to appear in an audition and interview to showcase their talent
Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship is offered to deserving and diligent Indian students who want to pursue their master’s and doctoral level degrees in fine arts and visual arts.
Students are awarded music scholarships based on their merit and assessment in music like auditions.
There’s no question regarding the importance that a scholarship holds in a person’s life struggling from financial instability. So, if you think you have what it takes to become a Music and Fine Arts connoisseur, the DCE Kerala Music and Fine Arts scholarship offers tremendous scope for you to turn this dream into reality. For more information regarding similar scholarship schemes, stay tuned to Leverage Edu! Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for more updates.