In the modern world, education has become an expensive yet essential aspect of life. Due to digitalisation and globalisation, students aim to pursue higher education from leading educational institutions which in turn comes with a heavy burden of finances. To motivate meritorious students in shaping a career that they deserve, there are various financial aids like scholarships, fellowships and education loans that reduce the expenses of education. One such aid is the MIT Scholarship which is awarded to students applying to MIT university. In this blog, you will get all the information regarding the same.
This Blog Includes:
What is MIT Scholarship?
Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT is one of the best university across the globe to study and research. With an acceptance rate of 8%, it is strenuous to make though the selection process of the university. The varsity has also set a high tuition fee for the courses.
MIT University is one of the most expensive universities for native as well as international students. As a result, the institute has introduced MIT scholarships in order to support the talented candidates who deserve to be part of the university. As the bar is already set high by MIT, all the selected students exhibit excellent academic records. Thus the grants provided by MIT are not based on merit but on the financial need and economic condition of a candidate. Unlike loans and fellowship, students do not have to pay the amount back or any kind of service in exchange.
The funds for scholarships are raised through endorsements by alumni and social networks. Close to 58% of students receive this scholarship and on an average per candidate get an awarded of $ 45.600. The amount which is awarded to the learner is provided on the basis of the financial condition of the family.
Other expenses like accommodation and cost of living are added to the tuition fee when taking up study abroad opportunities. Just the cost of accommodation for studying at MIT can cost 15000 USD per year, heaving load of finances on the student. To deal with this problem, the university has introduced a series of MIT scholarships.
Important Dates for MIT Scholarships
Important dates and deadlines are to be kept in mind while filling out the application of scholarships. Thus students have to keep a tab on them to make a successful application. Given below is the list of important dates for MIT Scholarships:
|Early Action Plan Application Deadline||Nov 30*|
|Regular Action Plan Application Deadline||Feb 15*|
* Dates are tentative and can be changed according to the university officials. Refer to the official website of MIT or contact Leverage Edu to verify the exact dates.
Students making through the selection process of MIT can apply for scholarships using the College Scholarships Services or CSS portal by the College Board. The application process for MIT Scholarships is given below:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- To receive MIT Scholarships, one has to apply for a course offered by the university. In order to do the same, visit the MIT admission portal and apply for a course of choice.
- Visit the official website of the university and look for the MIT Student Financial Services. The page would have the link to fill out CSS profile, click on that and register yourself.
- Prior to filing the application, you are required to read the instructions and general information carefully. Fill the application form with requisite details and make sure you aren’t making any mistakes while entering your personal or academic details.
- Attach the necessary documents along with the application form as mentioned, click on save and submit the form after reviewing the form carefully.
Deadline for applying in MIT depends on whether you are applying under – Early Action Plan or Regular Action Plan. The university allows students to enjoy the benefits of other scholarship or state grants along with MIT Scholarships.
While applying for admission at MIT university, students need to provide certain proofs along with the applications. Interested candidates must possess certain documents to apply for MIT Scholarships, enlisted below are some of them:
- Family Income Statement/Tax Return
- CSS Profile and application
- In case, parents of applicants are divorced then they have to apply for non-custodial parent profile.
Other Scholarships for Study Abroad
Just like MIT Scholarships, there are several other aids that can facilitate your educational journey to dream study destination. Given below are some of the top scholarships for Indian students to study abroad:
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
- TOEFL Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
- Scholarship in Canada for Masters
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Ramanujan Fellowship
If you want to avail the benefits of MIT Scholarships, let Leverage Edu help you get the hold of it. Our unique AI tool will help you select a suitable course and a university as per your skills and scores. Book your free 30-minute counselling session with us!