A lot of Indian students wish to pursue higher studies after completing their 12th. But only a few students are able to live their dream as Studying Abroad is a big financial commitment and not everyone is able to meet the expenses of studying abroad. This is why these questions arise in a student’s mind- How to study abroad after the 12th for free? Or Can you study abroad after the 12th from India for free? Well, yes you can. Many Indian students go abroad to study for free or at an affordable cost. But how? Read on to know how to study abroad after the 12th for free from India.
This Blog Includes:
- What do You Need to Know Before Planning Study Abroad Journey for Free?
- Where to Study Abroad for Free?
- Best Way to Study Abroad for Free After 12th
- Leverage Edu Scholarship
What do You Need to Know Before Planning Study Abroad Journey for Free?
There are several factors to keep in mind before planning your study abroad journey for free. Here are some of the major factors that may contribute to your study abroad journey after the 12th for free from India:
- Selecting a country with a low cost of living as managing expenses is a difficult task for international students abroad.
- Choose a course relevant to your previous qualifications. It will help you get a student visa and financial aid in your respective field of study.
- Try to score high in tests required for study abroad admissions such as Language Proficiency Tests and Standardized Tests like GMAT or GRE.
- Having good scores can help you get a scholarship in various countries.
Where to Study Abroad for Free?
Studying abroad is a huge financial responsibility as the cost of education continues to grow high. But there are actually some countries where the cost of studying is totally free or at an affordable range. It is possible to study abroad for free from India but there are several things to consider such as living costs, student services fees and more. Here are some of the best countries to study abroad after the 12th for free from India:
Germany is one of the few countries in the world where you can study for free, regardless of your nationality. Indian students can opt for public universities in Germany to avail of free tuition fees as there are a lot of public universities in Germany that offer free education with no tuition fees but only student administration fees for every semester for enrolling, confirmation, and administration. This fee varies for different universities but the average student administration fee in German universities is EUR 200 – EUR 500 (INR 16-41K).
Admission Requirements for Indian students
Proficiency in German and/or English is one of the major requirements to Study in Germany for Indian Students after the 12th. Other requirements include GMAT or GRE scores.
|Degree Level||General Requirements||German Language Requirements||English Language Requirements|
|Undergraduate/Bachelor’s Degree||Higher Secondary Education Class XII certificate with a minimum of 50%||B1 Level||IELTS- 6.0 Overall
TOEFL iBT- 80 Overall
Universities Offering Free Education in Germany
Listed below are some of the best public universities in Germany offering free tuition or low student administration fees:
- University of Cologne
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Universität Hamburg
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Münster
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Darmstadt University of Technology
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Stuttgart
- Technical University of Berlin
- Goethe University
- Albert Ludwig University
- Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- Dresden University of Technology
- University of Hamburg
- University of Bonn
- Humboldt University of Berlin
Bordered by various nations like Germany and Hungary, Austria is well known for providing quality education for free or even affordable tuition fees. Public universities in Austria cost minimum to no charges to study there. But your tuition fees will depend on your nationality as students from EU and EEA are provided free education but students from other countries need to pay around EUR 1,400 – EUR 1,500 (Around INR 1-2 Lakh) annually. However, if you belong to one of the developing countries such as India. You will be eligible for free tuition at an Austrian University.
Admission Requirements for Indian students
Entry requirements may vary for different courses and universities but a general criterion for admission to Austrian universities for Indian students after 12th is having a Secondary School Examination or any other equivalent. Other requirements include English/German Language Test Scores. If you are going to study a course in German you will need to provide German language proficiency certifications like Deutsch fur Zuwanderer A2/B1.
Universities Offering Free Education in Austria
Listed are some of the public universities in Austria offering free education to domestic and indian students:
- Universität Wien Vienna
- Technische Universität Wien
- Universität Innsbruck
- Technische Universität Graz
- Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
- Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wein
- Universität für Bodenkultur Wein
- Medizinische Universität Wein
- Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
- Universität Salzburg
- Medizinische Universität Graz
- Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wein
- Donau-Universität Krems
- FH Oberösterreich
- Institute of Science and Technology Austria
- Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wein
- Montanuniversität Leoben
Norway not only provides excellent education facilities but the cherry on the top, it offers free education across disciplines as well. Public universities in Norway don’t impose tuition fees but semester fees and student service fees that can vary between EUR 30- EUR 60 (INR 2-4K) per semester.
Admission Requirements for Indian Students
To get admission to a Norwegian University, you’ll have to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the University. Indian students need to prove their English Language Proficiency through tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. The best part about studying in Norway, other than the free cost of tuition, is the score requirements for IELTS and TOEFL. A minimum score of 5.0 or a TOEFL score of 60 is required for admission.
Universities Offering Free Education in Norway
Listed below are some of the universities in Norway offering minimal cost of studying for international students:
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Oslo
- University of Nordland
- Oslo Metropolitan University
- University of Bergen
- Bergen University College
- The Arctic University of Tromsø, Norway
- University of Stavanger
- BI Norwegian Business School
Best Way to Study Abroad for Free After 12th
Getting a scholarship is considered the best way to study abroad after the 12th for free from India. Scholarships are meant to help deserving students who are incapable of studying abroad due to financial conditions. You do not need to pay tuition fees if you’re offered a scholarship. However, there are some scholarships that offer to bear the cost of living expenses as well.
Almost every university provides scholarships to international students for an academic year or more. It varies for different universities though. The eligibility requirements for getting a scholarship will also vary depending on your choice of course/field of study.
There are many external Scholarships available too for international students. Here’s a list of scholarships for Indian students who want to study abroad after the 12th for free:
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Tata Scholarships
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship
- Erasmus Scholarship Programs in Germany
- Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships in Germany
- Austrian Government Scholarships
Leverage Edu Scholarship
Leverage Edu is India’s largest study abroad scholarship, offered to help hundreds of Indian students with waivers on their tuition fees, and living expenses, as well as easing costs related to visa applications, excursions and on-campus expenditure.
A minimum score of 6.0 is required for admission to Austrian universities.
Universities in Austria offer two major intakes that are Winter and Summer.
Hamburg is one of the most affordable cities to live in Germany for Indian students.
Are you planning to study abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.