Austria is an emerging nation for students who wish to pursue their studies abroad. The universities in Austria are renowned for their quality education and increasing variety of courses. International students enrolling in Austrian universities receive many amenities including scholarships that encourage them to study in the country. Founded in 2005, the Austrian Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students who wish to pursue their studies at any level in Austria. Read the following blog for further details about the Austrian Government Scholarship.
Austrian Government Scholarship 2022: Highlights
|Funded By||Austria Development Corporation|
|Scholarship Course Level||Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters, PhD|
|Application Deadline||March 2022 (Tentative)|
|Eligible Nations||All countries except Austria|
Austrian Government Scholarship Benefits
The Austrian Government Scholarship aims to provide ease for deserving candidates and assist them to pursue their studies and research in Austria. The fully-funded scheme covers the following expenses.
- Monthly scholarship installment- 1,050 EUR (INR 92490)
- Health insurance- from 55 (INR 4850) to 200 EUR (INR 17600) and covered from the scholarship
- Accommodation- OeAD scholarship holders can book accommodation with OeAD Housing Office
- Round Airfare Travel Costs- Applicants from countries that are not members of EU or EFTA, EEA or OECD will be granted travel allowance. The cost depends on the country.
Read about the Best Country In Europe To Study
Here are the eligibility requirements for Austrian Government Scholarship:
- The scholarship is applicable to all nationalities except Austrian citizens.
- Students must have completed 12 years of education for the bachelor’s program.
- Students must have a bachelors’ degree for the master’s program and a bachelor’s and master’s degree for PhD programs.
- The applicant’s age should not be more than 40 years for the doctoral program (born on or after March 1, 1981)
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 35 for bachelor’s and master’s programs (born on or after March 1, 1986)
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/ academic work in Austria in the last 6 months before taking up the scholarship.
- Fields of research: Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences
Check out the Scholarships In Europe!
Here are the documents necessary for the Austrian Government Scholarship:
- Complete online application form
- CV and project plan (The project plan must describe your ideas and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria).
- Two letters of recommendation (no older than 6 months at the time of application).
- Supervisor confirmation
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University certificates, transcripts, degrees confirmation.
How to Apply?
Follow these steps to apply for the Austrian Government Scholarship:
- Visit the official Website: Link
- Register yourself by filling in the necessary details.
- Attach the above-mentioned documents carefully and submit your application.
Explore the complete guide for studying in Europe!
The selection procedure for the Austrian Government Scholarship is conducted by the Scholarship Council. Here is an overview of the selection process
- Formal check (through the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research)
- The necessity of the research in Austria in view to the further process of the thesis (objectives, procedure, etc. of the thesis)
- Academic background (since when was the applicant already studying and grades achieved)
- List of publications or documents in regard to the work
- Plausibility of the application
Hope this blog helped you through the details of the Austrian Government Scholarship. If you are an aspiring research candidate, you must use this opportunity to pursue your academic research in Austria. Wish to study for your PhD abroad? Connect with us at Leverage Edu and we will help you choose the best universities and scholarships.