Ever since Covid-19, travelling abroad has become difficult with travel bans from countries around the world. However, as the situation improves, more and more Indian students are ready to pursue their study abroad aspirations. As per the Ministry of External Affairs, this year, more than 71,000 Indian students have gone to study abroad. But in order to maintain educational quality and control the pandemic, different countries have mandated certain rules. If you are planning to study abroad this year, here are the country-wise quarantine rules you must know.
Check Out: Best Countries to Study Abroad Amid Covid-19
This Blog Includes:
Quarantine Rules in Canada
The Government of Canada has suspended flights from India until 21st September 2021. So, the only pathway to travel to Canada is through indirect flights. However, those who are fully vaccinated can visit Canada for discretionary travel from 7th September 2021. If you wish to visit the country, you need to be aware of certain guidelines.
- You need to obtain a negative Covid-19 molecular test from a third country before continuing your journey to Canada. You can choose the connecting country to take your Covid-19 test.
- If you have been tested positive for Covid-19 in the past, you need to provide a positive Covid-19 molecular test conducted between 18-140 days prior to your departure. This proof should also be obtained from a third country so you might need to seek entry and stay in the third country for at least 14 days.
- If you test positive during your transit, you will be either quarantined in the third country or sent back to your point of departure.
- If you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with Covishield/ Pfizer/ Moderna/ Janssen vaccine, you will be exempted from quarantine and day-8 testing requirements.
Also Read: Study in Canada for Indian Students
Quarantine Rules in the UK
The United Kingdom has also suspended all regularly scheduled international flights. However, under an agreement between the UK and India, a limited number of flights will be operating between the two countries.
- In order to enter the country, you need to hold a negative Covid-19 test report that is taken earliest 3 days before the departure date.
- Secondly, you need to book a quarantine hotel package including 2 covid-19 tests
- You must also fill a ‘Passenger Locator Form’ before you arrive in the UK. It can be done anytime in the 48 hours before you enter the country.
- After you arrive in England, you must take a Covid-19 test on or before day 2 of your arrival. Here, arrival day is considered as Day-0.
- If you are fully vaccinated by the UK approved vaccines, i.e. Covishield, you do not have to quarantine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must quarantine at home or in the place where you are staying for 10 days.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must also take the second Covid-19 test on or after Day-8.
- If you wish to skip quarantine, you need to go through a private Covid-19 Test to Release. Under this, you can choose to get checked for Covid-19 on Day-5. If the result is negative, you can end your quarantine. This scheme is voluntary and only valid for those who are staying in England.
Quarantine Rules in the USA
The USA government has made temporary changes to the F-1 and J-1 regulations for students travelling to the country. Students with valid F-1 or J-1 visas are allowed to begin or continue their studies in the country starting from August 1, 2021.
- Before entering the USA, students must be fully vaccinated and must complete their vaccination attestation.
- You must enrol in Husky Coronavirus Testing and activate WA-Exposure Notification on your mobile devices.
- You must monitor your health for at least 14 days after entering the USA.
- You must get a Covid-19 negative test result within 72 hours of entering the school campus, irrespective of vaccination status.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 or become ill within 10 days of arrival, you must self isolate, for at least 10 days, irrespective of symptoms.
Also Read: Top Universities in USA for Higher Education
Quarantine Rules in Australia
The Australian Government has been maintaining rules to ensure that Covid-19 impact the education of international students. It recently announced an array of student visa measures to support international students. Presently, there is a ban on travel in Australia. So, you need to follow the country-wise quarantine rules whenever you aim to enter the country.
- You must take a Rapid-Antigen test prior to boarding a flight to Australia.
- When you arrive in Australia, you must quarantine for 14 days at designated facilities in your port of arrival.
- Your vaccination status will not change the quarantine requirements.
- You must pay for the cost of your quarantine.
Also Read: Why Study in Australia?
Quarantine Guidelines in Germany
Germany has always been one of the popular study abroad destinations but due to the pandemic, reaching the country has become rather difficult. Non-residents are only allowed to enter Germany if they play an important role or have any urgent requirement of travel.
- In order to enter the country, you must provide a negative test result, a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate not more than 48 hours prior to travel.
- If you are vaccinated with CoviShield, you must ensure that your vaccination certificate contains your date of birth or your passport number. Reference to Aadhar Number is not sufficient.
- After reaching Germany, you must directly reach your final place of residence/ stay and immediately undergo a quarantine of 10 days.
- The quarantine period can be ended on the basis of a negative test report carried out no earlier than five days after entry.
- If you have been vaccinated and recovered from an infection, quarantine ends immediately after submitting proof of vaccination or proof of recovery.
These were all the major country-wise quarantine rules. Planning to study abroad but scared that Covid-19 might ruin your plan? Don’t worry as we will help you find the smoothest and safest method to study abroad. Connect with our Leverage Edu experts today on 1800 572 000 and clear all your doubts about studying abroad.