When planning to study abroad for higher education, the UK is one of the most sought-after destinations among Indian students. There are many advantages to studying in the UK for Indian students, from the top-notch universities to the vibrant multicultural environment. While dreaming about an experience abroad could make you happy, looking for housing might make you a little anxious.
Before learning more about Beaverbank Place, a well-known student residence in Edinburgh, let’s first look at why the UK is the most popular study-abroad location;
This Blog Includes:
Why UK is a popular destination?
The UK has constantly positioned itself as the leader and remained one of the safest bets for studying abroad, regardless of the level of speciality. Examining its primary attributes will help you understand why Indian students choose it as their number one option for abroad study:
- Higher academic requirements at schools that are usually recognised as the best in the world.
- Courses that are brief and flexible are created to enhance your learning as quickly as possible.
- The UK is one of the most well-liked and varied study-abroad destinations for different programs in the UK. You might be surprised to realise that it is a unique place with the best opportunities for learning and growth because it is home to more than 120 different nationalities.
- Given that they were established in the 12th and 13th centuries, some of the universities and colleges in the UK rank among the oldest in the entire globe. The educational standards for other nations have been raised by the UK, which has a long history.
- The good news is that it enables students from other countries to combine courses and specialities from various academic fields.
- All of the colleges and universities in the UK are routinely evaluated for their academic standards by the independent Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). It not only assesses their performance through audits and topic evaluations but also aids in choosing the most effective educational strategies and provides feedback for improvement.
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is the oldest civic foundation in the English-speaking world and the sixth-oldest university in the United Kingdom. Over 45,000 students currently attend the University, which has five campuses dispersed throughout the city. Additionally, all campuses are home to some of the most significant treasures in the world, including art, musical instruments, old books, manuscripts, natural history, geology, and anatomy.
Features of Accommodation at Beaverbank Place
Students in Edinburgh have a wide selection of studio flats and en-suite rooms to choose from at Beaverbank Place. It is the ideal place for students to live because it is only a 10-minute drive from the Holyrood Campus of the University of Edinburgh and a 12-minute drive from the Granville Campus of Edinburgh College.
Every student can benefit from the property’s amenities, which include a communal patio deck, on-site laundry facilities, and bike storage. Each apartment in the building has a study space, vending machine, roof terrace, and free high-speed wi-fi, and the rent includes all utility costs. The structure is guarded and outfitted with CCTV cameras all over. Restaurants and cafes that offer exquisite food and a place to unwind with friends surround the neighbourhood. The home’s location makes it quite commutable and accessible, as one can catch a bus from either the Canonmills bus stop, which is five minutes walk away from the apartment or the Inverleith Terrace bus stop, which is eight minutes walk away.
An 8-minute drive from the apartments is the St Andrew Square tram station, where a tram can be accessed. Since Edinburgh Waverley is only a 9-minute drive from the apartments, a train could also be taken there.
Some of the common amenities provided by Beaverbank Place, Student Accommodation in Edinburgh;
- Self Catered
- Common Room
- Bike/Cycle Storage
- Shared Kitchen
- Living Facilities
- 24-hour storage
- Shuttle Bus service
- Communal Lounge
300 contemporary single-study en-suite bedrooms, and 4, 5, and 6-person cluster flats are available at Beaverbank for £157 (INR 15k) per week.
With fantastic areas for new flatmates to explore and convenient access to university buildings, the region offers some really great chances for individuals just beginning their trip in Edinburgh.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more updates!
It is located 14 minutes away by private transportation, 25 minutes away by public transportation, and 37 minutes away on foot to get to the University of Edinburgh.
Yes, Beaverbank Place also offers accommodations during the summer.
It is quite an expensive city for students to live in Edinburgh. By UK standards, Edinburgh is a pricey city, but not when compared to the nation’s metropolis, London.
Beaverbank Place offers various amenities to the students and is at a convenient location, so international students can opt to stay there while attending school in Edinburgh. Make sure you thoroughly consider all factors, including safety, convenience, and fundamental needs when choosing the lodging. To learn more about the entire process of studying abroad, contact the experts at Leverage Edu.