This Blog Includes:
- What is Gandhi Fellowship?
- Gandhi Fellowship 2021-23
- Eligibility Criteria
- Benefits of Gandhi Fellowship
- Gandhi Fellowship Interview Questions
- How to Apply for Gandhi Fellowship?
- Steps to Fill Online Application Form
- Selection Process
- Curriculum of Gandhi Fellowship
- Partners of Gandhi Fellowship
- Contact Details
What is Gandhi Fellowship?
Started in the year 2008 by the Kaivalya Education Foundation, the Gandhi Fellowship is a 2-year, residential and professional program that is aimed at developing the leadership skills of young professionals. The primary responsibility of the fellows is to identify, assess, and find solutions to the issues pertaining to the education sector thus contributing to nation-building. Through this program, the fellows will partner with the headmasters and principals of various schools to improve the learning outcomes.
“You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Must Read: Post-Doctoral Fellowships
Gandhi Fellowship 2021-23
The application process for Gandhi Fellowship 2021-23 has already started and here are the important notifications you must know:
|Last Date of Application for Gandhi Fellowship 2020-22||27th March 2021|
|Fellowship Starts||July 1st 2022|
|Conclusion Date for Fellowship||July 2023|
The fellows are trained in the school, district level, and state-level leadership programs to bring significant changes in society.
- In the ‘School Leadership Development Program’, 5 fellows will get to work in 25 schools across various districts.
- Under the ‘District Transformation Program’, the Gandhi fellows will work at the grass-root level to bring significant changes in the aspirational districts. They will be required to work on issues like female literacy, enrollments, attendance in schools, student learning outcomes, etc.
- In the ‘State Leadership Program’, the fellows will work with the state governments in transforming the education sector by improving teacher efficiency.
- The MGNF 2021-23 will be hosted across the nation in more than 660 districts. It is collectively organised by 9 IIMs such as IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Udaipur and IIM Visakhapatnam; whereas IIM Bangalore manages the collective admission process.
Gandhi Fellowship is funded by renowned organizations like the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) and implemented in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs).
Following are the key eligibility requirements you need to fulfil in order to apply for Gandhi Fellowship:
- The applicants must hold graduation or a postgraduation degree from a recognized university in any discipline.
- The candidate should be below the age of 26.
- Applicants should have an exceptional academic record.
The selection process of the program is holistic. After scrutinizing the application forms, the shortlisted candidates will be called for a telephonic interview. Those who clear the first round will be called for the final interview.
Benefits of Gandhi Fellowship
Here are some of the key take-aways of Gandhi Fellowship-
- Gandhi Fellows are award with the total stipend of 14,000 INR per month along with a mobile allowance of 600 INR per month.
- It is a one-of-a-kind scheme that offers skill development in various economies.
- It is a perfect blend of a 2-year classroom program as well as mentorship of the candidates.
- In order to achieve better growth in their career, the scheme equips applicants with diverse opportunities at the institution.
Grants Provided Under Gandhi Fellowship
Given below is a detailed break up of the grants provided under the program.
- A Gandhi fellow is entitled to a grant of Rs. 14,000 per month and a fixed mobile allowance of Rs. 600 per month.
- Half of the total grant amount is retained as an interest-free reserve amount while the other half(Rs 7000) is paid on a monthly basis.
- After the completion of 23 months, the cumulative reserve amount is paid.
- The fellowship also covers the costs of transportation, housing, and other facilities.
Check out this amazing video as the applicants go on to explain their Gandhi Fellowship experience-
Gandhi Fellowship Interview Questions
Firstly, the applicant has to appear for a written test for the Gandhi Fellowship. This written test is constituted of four sections, i.e. General Awareness, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary.
Here are some of the most commonly asked interview questions for Gandhi Fellowship:
- An introduction about yourself, your educational and professional background.
- Why do you want to pursue this Gandhi Fellowship?
- What motivates you to work in the social sector?
- What are your key achievements and failure moments? How did they shape you as a person?
- What are the key factors in your life that encouraged you to pursue this fellowship in the social sector?
- Why will you be an ideal fellow for the Gandhi fellowship?
- What role does it play in transforming education in India?
How to Apply for Gandhi Fellowship?
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply for the prestigious Gandhi Fellowship program and the necessary pre-requisites to complete the application process.
- Visit the official website of the fellowship program.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Create your ID and password.
- Log in to the portal and enter all the necessary information like educational qualifications, extracurricular activities, and achievements.
- Submit the application.
Steps to Fill Online Application Form
Mentioned below are the various steps you should follow in order to fill the online application form for the Gandhi Fellowship correctly.
- Step 1: Go to the official website page of the Gandhi Fellowship.
- Step 2: Fill the online application form completely with all necessary details.
- Step 3: If the candidate applying for the fellowship is selected and accepted in step 1, then he/ she will be given access to move on to the next step.
- Step 4: The total time for the review process will be around five to ten days. The student shall be notified via an email.
The application of the candidate will be screened and scrutinized thoroughly. This will be done based on several criteria. Only if the candidate shortlisted, will he/she be called for an interview. The review process will take a total time of five to ten days. Whether the candidate is selected or not, he/ she will be intimate via email.
Curriculum of Gandhi Fellowship
The curriculum of the Gandhi Fellowship is designed to improve the competencies and skills of the fellows through 14 processes which are:
- Field Support
- Classroom immersion
- Leadership Curriculum
- Community Immersion
- Monthly Workshops and Seminars
- Boot Campus
- Kaun Banega The New Millionaire
- Wellness Management
- Private Dream Articulation
- Monthly Meetings
- Learning Journey
Partners of Gandhi Fellowship
Mentioned below are the partners of the Gandhi fellowship.
- Government Partners: Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan, State Government of Rajasthan and the Surat Municipal Corporation
- Technical Partners: Harvard Graduate Schools of Education, Educational Initiatives
- Funded By: Piramal Foundation, UNICEF, USAID, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, Michael and Susan Deli Foundation
- Other Tie-Ups: IIM Ahmedabad, Harvard University, Jodo Gyan, Ashoka India, Echoing Green
If you have any queries you can reach the administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even call at +91 9069143140
Address: A 56 Panscheel Enclave, Near Soami Nagar, Bus Stop, New Delhi – 110017. You can reach them by telephone – 011 26493385.
North India: Nilima Sil
Telephone Number: +91 8826898865/ 8800827862
South India: Steffi Xavier
Telephone Number: +91 9916780378
West India: Abhishek Mishra
Telephone Number: +91 8000018345
East India: Abhijit Das
Telephone Number: +91 9800634910
Gandhi Fellowship is a residential professional program in Transformation Leadership spanning across the duration of 2 years. It provides the Indian youth with a platform to support and work with school headmasters and assists them in improving their schools to attain the requisite educational outcomes.
Essential concentrating on bettering the educational apparatus and systems on which schools function, Gandhi Fellowship impart students with the significant problem-solving skills to work on a social problem and partner with school principals and coming up with innovating solutions aligning with the student goals as well as educational objectives of the institutions. Further, the fellowship is designed to equip students with seven competencies, i.e. Collaborative Work, Self Awareness, Excellence, Value Articulation, Entrepreneurship & Risk Taking, Influence without Authority and Articulation of Private Dream.
The fellowship also incorporates a placement cell which assists students in exploring the best opportunities for fellows. The New Millionaire Program (TNMP) is also a part of the fellowship and aims to help those fellows aspiring to make a difference and work on their potential throughout the period of 10 years which also include the Gandhi Fellowship and completing this duration, they are referred to as TNMs.
There are three main requirements to apply for Gandhi Fellowship:
– The applicant must have completed graduation/postgraduation or are in the final year of the bachelor’s degree.
– The age limit for the fellowship is under 26 years.
– The applicant must have excellent academic records.
We have thus compiled all the details pertaining to the Gandhi Fellowship program. If you are planning to apply for a scholarship or fellowship abroad but are confused about how to get started with it then the mentors and counsellors of Leverage Edu are here to help you find the right scholarship to fund your dream course.