Just like LAMP Fellowship and Gandhi Fellowship, Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme is one of the prominent Fellowships in India offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). It aims to attract meritorious candidates for doctoral programs of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), List of IITs, and Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) for carrying out Technology & Science research. If you are interested to know more about the fellowship program, the blog aims to provide in-depth details on Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF), highlighting the key dates to apply, eligibility criteria, stipend, etc.
This Blog Includes:
Highlights of PMRF
Given below are the salient features which are associated with PMRF:
- The government aims to offer benefits to meritorious students who wish to pursue higher education to conduct research in the field of technology and science domains.
- Using the new web portal of PMRF, the government stated that students now will be having the convenience of registering under the fellowship program instantly online.
- The aim of this fellowship program, as per government is to attract talented individuals a rational platform to master their skills.
PMRF Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following eligiblity criteria in order to ensure that they can apply for PMRF:
- Applicant must have completed or should be in the final year of 4-5 year undergraduate / 5-year integrated M.Tech/ 5-year integrated MSc / 5-year dual degree of undergraduate-postgraduate programs in Science and Technology from IITs or IISc or IIEST or NITs or IISERs.
- Students applying for the PMRF must have secured at least CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (in the scale of 10.0).
- Candidates must have qualified for GATE and have completed or in the MS / Mtech at IISERs / IISc / IITs with 8.0 CGPA or CPI (on a 10-point scale) in minimum 4 courses at the end of the first semester.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply for the Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF) through online mode through the PMRF website. Given below is the detailed stepwise-guide to apply to for the same:
Step1: The applicants must visit the official website of PMRF and read the instructions carefully before applying to the fellowship program.
Step 2: The applicants must click the apply link on the official website, to proceed further.
Step 3: Next thing to do is to select the ‘Qualification’ option and fill the section 1 of the eligibility.
Step 4: After filling Section 1, aspirants will have to fill out Section 2, where they are expected to fill the education details, attach the required documents, and upload their photographs.
Step 5: Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs 1500 in order via online mode of payment to submit their application.
Step 6: After successful payment of the fees, the applicants must upload the payment slip and submit the application form.
Given below are the necessary documents which are required by the applicants to submit during the application process of the PMRF scheme:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned copy of GATE qualifying certificate
- Scanned copy of mark-sheets / transcripts/ grade sheets
- The abstract copy (PDF File in 1000 words)
- In the PDF Format, CV limited to two A4 pages is to be submitted. The CV must focus on academic skills and achievements only.
PMRF offers suitable financial assistance to the students, those who are selected in through the specified selection process will be offered admission to the PhD program in one of the IITs/IISc/IISERs, which includes:
|Scholarship Amount (Per Month)||Time|
|Rs. 70,000||I and II Year|
|Rs. 75,000||III Year|
|Rs. 80,000||IV and V Year|
Apart from this, the selected Fellow students would be eligible for a research grant of Rs. 2 lakhs per year (10 lakhs in total).
PMRF Selection Process
Candidates are selected by the experts of the nodal educational institutes. Separate selection committees are formed as per the subject and interviews are conducted for each one. Based on the same, candidates are allocated doctoral programmes as pert the choices they made previously.
Hope the blog is able to provide all the important information in detail about the PMRF-Prime Ministers Research Fellowship. If you want to know more about the fellowship programs offered in India and abroad for the research studies, our experts at Leverage Edu will help you in providing the information and assist you in the application process of the fellowship program.