This Blog Includes:
What is DARC Fellowship?
The Delhi Assembly Research Centre, i.e. DARC fellowship based programme offers students a lucrative opportunity to work with the legislators of the Delhi Assembly Secretariat. Selected fellows get the chance of carrying out research with Delhi’s lawmakers in the Legislative Assembly. This fellowship programme is an initiative of the Legislative Assembly of the National Territory of Delhi and its primary goal is to select bright and talented individuals interested in pursuing research at Delhi Assembly Secretariat. Here are all the details about DARC Fellowship:
|Duration||2 years (3 months as probation)|
|Stipend||60,000 INR to 1 Lakh INR|
|Applications Open||March to April 2021|
|Eligible Age||18 to 25 years|
Also read: PMRF- Prime Ministers Research Fellowship
DARC Fellowship 2021 Dates
If you want to achieve this prestigious fellowship and feel curious about exploring the dynamism of a lawmaking body, it is important to know the dates and notifications of the DARC fellowship application 2021 which are as follows:
|Main Event||Important Dates|
|Application Form Availability||March to April 2021|
|Last Date of applying||March to April 2021|
|First Shortlist announcement||August 2021|
|Final Interviews||August 2021|
|Final list announcement||August 2021|
|Final day for selecting the offer||August 2021|
Check Out: Post Doctoral Fellowships
There are various perks availed by DARC fellowship to shortlisted candidates. Glance through some of the main benefits enlisted below.
- Selected fellows get to learn about the inner workings of the legislative assembly while working with the lawmakers.
- Regular presentations and reports along with field visits conducted will help you hone your communication as well as presentation skills.
- Selected fellows will receive an amount of 1 Lakh INR while assistant fellows will be given 60,000 INR on a monthly basis.
- Opportunity to design innovative projects on education, poverty, rural areas, amongst others.
Must Read: Naropa Fellowship
DARC Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The prerequisites you must know to be qualified for DARC fellowship are divided into two categories, for Fellows and Associate Fellows. The following sections elucidate upon the eligibility criteria in detail:
- Ph.D degree with 1 year of full-time experience or
- Working professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries or Architects with a minimum of 2 years experience or
- Master’s degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent with full-time work experience of 2 years or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks and full-time work experience of 4 years.
For Associate Fellows
- Master’s degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent or
- Working professionals like chartered accountants, company secretaries or architects must be registered with their respective certifying authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks and full-time work experience of 1 year.
For Media Associate Fellows
- Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication with at least 60% marks or equivalent or
- Graduation in Journalism or Mass Communication with at least 60% marks or equivalent.
- The work experience required is of 1 year on a full-time basis.
Check Out the Complete List of Fellowships in India
For the all the applicants those who want to register for the DARC Fellowship, here are simple steps through which you can successfully complete your application process-
- Log on to the official website and register for the form
- Once you complete the basic registration process, you will receive your log in credentials for the portal
- Now, you will be able to access the application form through them
- Fill in all the details that are asked in it
- Attach all the necessary documents with the form
- Submit the application form by completing the payment
To attach with your application form, you will be needing the following documents-
- Personal statement written by the applicant
- Updated Resume
- Recent passport size photograph
Being managed by the Delhi Assembly, the selection criteria of the fellowship is a two-step process. Firstly, interested candidates can apply on the online website of Delhi Assembly Research Centre by adding their personal details, academic records as well as work-experience related documents. Then, the screening process for the fellowship begins. Some of the basic highlights of the selection process of DARC Fellowship are:
- The first stage is the screening of submitted applications to shortlist candidates for a final interview. You will be screened on the basis of your academic performance, your educational background as well as research or professional experience. You have to address the committee’s queries with a proper response in the form of an essay.
- Those shortlisted in the screening round are then called up for an interview. This stage involves personal introspection of a candidate and is conducted by a team of experts, intellectuals and officers from civil society and academia. The selected candidates shall be asked to take either a video conferencing call or come for a personal interview.
How to Answer: ‘Why the Delhi Assembly Research Centre Fellows Programme Appeals to You?’
To answer this interview question for DARC Fellowship, you must mention the following points:
- Why you are interested in pursuing the DARC Fellowship
- You have the necessary skills and competencies like leadership qualities, research skills, analytical skills, brilliant communication skills and time management skills.
- You have the zeal to work on research and assist the Hon’ble MLAs and officers of the Assembly Secretariat as well as various Departments
- You are good at making presentations along with taking project notes, research related inferences, opinions, reports, etc.
- Mention any previous leadership role(s), professional projects, academic activities and similar features of your application that align with the fellowship.
- How the fellowship can help you build a better career and earn valuable experience and skills to work in the social sector.
DARC Fellowship: Terms and Conditions
The DARC Fellowship program comex with the following terms and conditions-
- The applicants who are self-employed have to submit their ITR
- The candidates must be free from any sort of a criminal case
- It is mandatory to submit the documents asked at particular levels of the DARC Fellowship. If the applicants fail to do so, they will be disqualified
- Candidates should submit the application as per the stated format and size
Other than DARC Fellowship, you must also explore the following fellowships:
- SBI Youth for India Fellowship
- Teach for India Fellowship
- Young India Fellowship
- Gandhi Fellowship
- LAMP Fellowship
- Top Fellowship Programs Abroad
Candidates must be between the age group of 21- 35 years.
Those who apply for the DARC fellowship will need a personal statement, resume along with a recent passport sized photograph.
Candidates are first shortlisted online for the fellowship and then final decision depends on the on the personal interview of the applicants.
The field of political science, judiciary and legislation are flourishing as career domains with a plethora of prospects on offer. DARC fellowship is appealing in nature where you are endowed with a handsome amount and get vast exposure in understanding the dynamism in the legislative assembly of India’s capital city. If you are aspiring to study a degree in Political Science but don’t know which one to choose, take the help of Leverage Edu’s AI-based tool to browse through a multitude of course and university combinations that fit your interests, preferences and aspirations and find the right one that can equip you with maximum exposure and knowledge of your chosen field of study.