Whether you’re an avid programmer or a new coder, you must have heard of the coding language Java. Java is a multi-programming language created in 1995 by Janes Gosling at Sun Microsystems (now Oracle). Since its first version, Java has evolved to become one of the most popular programming languages in the computer and AI industry. Java developers are in high demand and are one of the highest-paying jobs in the industry. Here’s everything you need to know about the Java course.
This Blog Includes:
- About Java Course
- Why Study Java Courses?
- Types of Java Courses
- Java Certification Eligibility Criteria
- Skills Required to Pursue Java Courses
- Top Universities for Java Course Abroad
- Top Colleges for Java Course in India
- Best Online Courses for Java
- Java Course Duration
- Java Language Syllabus
- Unit 1: Introduction to Java Programming
- Unit 2: Object-oriented programming with Java Classes and Objects
- Unit 3: Inheritance
- Unit 4: Exception handling with try-throw-catch-fly constructs
- Unit 5: The object class
- Unit 6: Working with types: Wrapper classes
- Unit 7: Packages
- Unit 8: Applets
- Unit 9: Basics of AWT and Swing
- Unit 10: Threads
- Unit 11: The I/O Package
- Unit 12: Basic concepts of networking
- Unit 13: Database Connectivity with JDBC
- Fees for Java
- Jobs and Salaries after Java Certificate Course
- Top Recruiters
- Scope of Java Courses
About Java Course
Java Course is about helping aspirants learn the concepts of programming and solve complex problems. This course requires patience, analytical thinking ability, attention to detail as they are essential in becoming a successful programmer.
|Eligibility and Requirement||Basic knowledge of computers|
|Course Type||Certification or no Certification|
|Advance Courses||Java+, Python|
|Similar Courses||C, C++|
|Employment Opportunities||Software Engineer, Java Developer, Android Software Developer|
Why Study Java Courses?
Some of the primary advantages of pursuing a career in JAVA are listed below:
- JAVA is a robust core language that will assist you in your development as a programmer.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) is a programming language written in Java. The creation of OOP applications is simple and versatile.
- The need for JAVA Developers is strong. They also received a leg up on their peers and a slew of additional perks as a result of their JAVA expertise.
- In IT firms, an employee that knows the JAVA programming language is paid more. In addition, taking JAVA certificate classes might help you earn more money and advance in your career.
- These courses help students acquire and improve their programming abilities by teaching them about arrays, variables, exceptions, data types, loops, and other concepts. Autoboxing, explicit casting, nested classes, abstract classes, and interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, implicit narrowing, and certain specialised APIs are among the advanced ideas covered.
- Your job abilities will be enhanced with a JAVA certificate. You have the flexibility to change jobs and work as a freelance JAVA programmer.
- This sort of short-term training aids in the overall growth of a professional career while also keeping you up to date on current trends.
Types of Java Courses
The many types of Java classes are listed below.
Certificate Java Courses
Java certifications may be obtained both online and offline, however, Java certificate courses are more easily obtained online. Online courses are inexpensive (often even free), offer lifelong access, and can usually be completed at your own leisure.
- Certificate programs typically last 3 to 12 months.
- Candidates should have a basic grasp of computer and programming skills before enrolling in this course.
- The curriculum may be taken after completing 10+2, although students should be familiar with Java before enrolling in the certificate courses.
|Madras Christian College||INR 6,000|
|SPC Education Center||INR 2,500|
|the Maharishi University of Information Technology||INR 15,000|
|Holy Grace Academy of Engineering||INR 6,500|
|Naralkar Institute of Career Development and Research||INR 10,000|
Diploma Java Courses
Java programming diploma and master’s degree programs are becoming increasingly popular. There are just a handful of Diploma and Post-Graduate Diploma JAVA Courses accessible, and they are available in both online and offline formats.
- Diploma programs last anywhere from six months to a year.
- Diploma courses in JAVA can be taken after finishing 10+2, whereas PG diploma programs need the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- The typical cost of a JAVA diploma course is between INR 20,000 and INR 50,000.
|National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT)||INR 20,000|
Undergraduate Java Courses
Java is taught in Computer Science and Information Technology courses at the undergraduate level. Through these classes, students learned a variety of programming languages, including JAVA. Bachelor’s degrees in JAVA, in particular, are not accessible.
- These undergraduate programs typically last 3-4 years and can only be studied after finishing 10+2.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 with a science background, with Mathematics as one of the required courses.
- Programming Basics, Object-Oriented Programming & Design, Distributed Systems, Developing Web Databases, Abstraction, Data Structure, and other Java-related courses are covered in bachelor’s programs.
- Depending on the college you pick, the typical degree price ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 6 lakh each year.
|PSG College of Arts & Science||INR 36,850|
|Sri Krishna Arts & Science College||INR 28,000|
|Women’s Christian College||INR 62,050|
Postgraduate Java Courses
There is no such thing as a JAVA master’s degree. Aspirants may learn about Java and its applications by enrolling in any PG program in computer science or information technology. JAVA ideas, as well as other programming languages, are taught in any of the semesters.
- The Master Courses are 2-year programs that can be taken after a bachelor’s degree has been completed.
- Data structure, Object-oriented programs, Web applications, Advanced Java programming, Distributed Java Applications, and other Java-related courses are generally included in PG courses.
- The typical annual course price is between INR 80,000 and INR 3,00,000.
|Sri Krishna Art & Science College||INR 13,000|
|Women’s Christan College||INR 81,730|
|Bishop Heber College||INR 55,540|
Doctoral Java Courses
Doctoral programs in Java may or may not be offered. Candidates can, however, enroll in doctoral programs in computer science or information technology and conduct their research and thesis work in Java.
- Doctorate programs are generally research-based and last between three and five years. They can be undertaken after master’s degrees or MPhil degrees have been completed.
- The typical annual course price is between INR 10,000 and INR 4,00,000.
|IIT Delhi||INR 42,900|
|IIT Bombay||INR 73,000|
|NIT Karnataka||INR 68,926|
Java Certification Eligibility Criteria
Following are some of the major eligibility criteria required for the students to fulfil in order to pursue the course:
- Most of the students choose to pursue this course after completing the 12th final year examination.
- Students must have some basic knowledge about computers, computer applications, and also in C and C++ programming. Only computer knowledge is essential for learning the fundamentals of the Java language.
Also Read: How to Learn Coding for Beginners?
Skills Required to Pursue Java Courses
|Java Server Pages and Servlets||Web Frameworks (Struts and Springs)|
|Web Technologies||HTML and CSS|
Top Universities for Java Course Abroad
Although Java is not taught as a separate program in Universities, there are undergraduate and postgraduate programs such as bachelor or masters in Computer Science which has Java as one of the specialized modules. The top universities according to QS University Ranking 2022 for Computer Science are:
Top Colleges for Java Course in India
Top colleges to pursue advanced java programs in India are:
|Oxford Software Institute, Delhi||6,000 INR|
|Aptech Computer Education||10,000 INR|
|Thakur Institute of Career Advancement||7,000 INR|
|Compufield Computer Institute (Compufield Mumbai)||25,000 INR|
|NIELIT Kolkata – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology||4,000 INR|
|Annex College Center For Technical and Management Studies||6,000 INR|
|SJC Bangalore – St. Joseph’s College||4,000 INR|
|SEED Infotech Ltd, Bangalore||5,500 INR|
Best Online Courses for Java
There are several Java courses that you may have come across during your learning the Java language. Our team of experts has carefully analyzed the offers made by various online institutes to recognize the best Java course available.
The complete Java Masterclass is the most popular course, with more than 210,000 students enrolled to date. Udemy offers the course, and the classes are taken by Time Buchalka, a well-reputed and globally renowned Java developer and teacher. This course has accomplished 4.6 ratings which reveal the quality of knowledge sharing made by the faculties. The course is top-rated on the web platform and has more than 40K likes and sharing. This course has also observed updates from Java 8 to Have 9 to make them beneficial for the attendees.
Coursera has introduced the course, namely “Solving problems with software,” to deliver education in learning to code in Java so that the programming and problem-solving skills can be added to the attendees. This program is ideal for the expert level and intermediate attendees who are looking to improve their skills in problem-solving in the Java language. Also, this program intends to deliver knowledge on design algorithms and develop and debug programs accordingly.
Pluralsight has introduced one of the best Java courses for beginners, which is meant to deliver Java language knowledge right from basics to core level concepts. Jim Wilson, a software engineer and has more than thirty years of experience in this field, takes the class and delivers valuable knowledge to the attendees. This course covers the basics of Java, Class, Files, error handling, data types, object, and other core Java concepts. In addition to that, this course offers detailed information about Java Programming language and servers. This will help the attendees to gain the most required information to get jobs and apply the server-side and client-side developments.
Udemy has introduced yet another Java programming course dedicated to complete beginners. This course teaches the use of tools such as JShell that are introduced in Java9. Therefore the students gain the knowledge to program Java using the tools that are much useful in the later stage. The teaching style is highly amicable and makes things easier for complete beginners. The step-by-step method is used for teaching students detailed knowledge about Java. All the vital concepts such as Java basics, Java collections, Object-oriented programming, File handling, Exceptional handling, Functional programming network, and Multithreading are taught to the attendees.
Java Course Duration
Java Course takes around 4 months to give students a complete idea of what it is about. However, this can vary depending on the college or university’s course schedule. If you are pursuing a bachelor degree course duration ranges between 3-4 years and for postgraduate courses duration ranges between 1-2 years.
Also Read: Why Everyone Should Learn to Code?
Java Language Syllabus
In order to understand the course syllabus of Java Language better, you can refer to this detailed list which has been categorized unit-wise. It is always better to go through the concepts of this high-level programming language in advance. The core syllabus followed by most of the institutions are as follows:
Unit 1: Introduction to Java Programming
- The Java Virtual Machine
- Conditional and looping constructs
- Variables and data types
Unit 2: Object-oriented programming with Java Classes and Objects
- Fields and Methods
- Nested Classes
- Garbage Collection
- Overloading methods
Unit 3: Inheritance
- Overriding methods
- Making methods and classes final
- Abstract classes and methods
Unit 4: Exception handling with try-throw-catch-fly constructs
- The Exception Class
Unit 5: The object class
- Cloning Objects
- The JDK Linked List Class
- String conversions
Unit 6: Working with types: Wrapper classes
- Enumeration interface
Unit 7: Packages
- Documentation comments
- Package access
Unit 8: Applets
- Applet capabilities and restrictions
- Configuring applets
Unit 9: Basics of AWT and Swing
- Layout Managers
- Event handling
- Classes for various controls, such as labels, choice, list, checkbox, etc.
- The Action Listener interface
- Using menus
- Using the adapter classes
- Dialogs and frames
Unit 10: Threads
Unit 11: The I/O Package
- Reader and writer classes
- InputStream and OutputStream classes
Unit 12: Basic concepts of networking
- Concepts of URLs
- Working with URLs
Unit 13: Database Connectivity with JDBC
- Java Security
Fees for Java
As the admission process for Java Courses is conducted in both online and offline mode, the average fees depend on this aspect. The fee amount charged for pursuing this course in various colleges in India is around ₹4,000 to ₹60,000. As it is a basic certificate course, students can also choose to pursue a 6 months advanced program on Java.
Jobs and Salaries after Java Certificate Course
The average salaries offered to the students who have completed the certificate course in Java range from ₹1,80,000 to ₹6,00,000. Upon completion of this course, you have the opportunity to apply for both government and private-sector jobs. The name of the job profiles and all its description are mentioned below:
|Name of the Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Java Developer||Responsible for developing concepts, design, and testing of software that they develop||₹2,40,000 – ₹4,00,000|
|JavaEE Application Engineer||Responsible for handling development and application related work||₹3,00,000 – ₹6,00,000|
|Java Video Game Programmer||Responsible for designing the video game software||₹3,00,000 – ₹6,00,000|
|Technical Writer||Responsible for writing technical content related to JAVA language||₹3,00,000 – ₹6,00,000|
|Software Engineer||Responsible for making and testing software related to design.||₹1,80,000 – ₹4,00,000|
Following is the list of some of the top companies hiring Java professionals:
- Cloud Big Data Technologies Group
- HCL Global Systems
- Cisco Systems
Scope of Java Courses
A JAVA certification will provide several benefits. A certified JAVA graduate will be valued more than others, and a certificate will also help you advance in your career and earn more money. Once students have received their JAVA language certificate, they will be contacted by a number of reputable government and private sector businesses, as well as BPOs and KPOs.
Once you have completed the JAVA certificate course, you may be able to earn a high wage. In the private sector, having qualifications for extracurricular talent will always give you an advantage over other candidates.
There are a number of free java courses available online. Courses on sites such as Coursera, Alison, and LinkedIn Learning are all free.
Are you planning to study Java abroad? Contact our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us today to book FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.