Legum Magister in Taxation law is one of the most practical fields if you want to study law. When it comes to big companies they have to follow the rules of litigation and are concerned with all types of tax disputes thus have to fulfill the required obligations. This is when the role of lawyers comes in! Especially the lawyers with their major aspect being taxation. Want to explore where you can start your LLM in Taxation Law?
|Fees||INR 20,000-INR 3,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 8,00,000- INR 15,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
LLM in Taxation Law
A two-year Master’s program in legal studies, LLM Taxation Law. The course covers Tax Policy, Tax Shelters, Estate Planning, Income Tax Law, International Taxation, etc. To be eligible for the LLM Taxation Law, the candidate must hold an LLB or equivalent law degree. The LLM Taxation Law program provides a variety of professional opportunities in the public and private sectors working with business-related legislative activity.
LLM Taxation Law covers various areas and provides an edge to the students and enhances their expertise in the field of law. Some of these fields are given below-
- Tax Principles
- Corporate Tax Laws & Governance
- Direct Tax Laws
- Indirect Tax Law
- Tax Litigation
- International Taxation
Top Universities in the World
Below is the list of some of the major colleges and universities to pursue the LLM Taxation Law abroad-
|New York University School Of Law (NYU)||New York|
|University of Oxford||US|
|London School of Economics and Political Sciences||UK|
|King’s College London||UK|
|University of Amsterdam||Netherlands|
|Queen Mary University of London||UK|
|Georgetown University Law Center||US|
Top Colleges in India
Below is the list of some of the major colleges and universities to pursue the LLM Taxation Law in India:
|National Law University||New Delhi|
|The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||Hyderabad|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||New Delhi|
|National Law University||Odisha|
|National Law School of India University||Karnataka|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences||Kolkata|
|Symbiosis Law School||Noida|
- Applicants must have graduated from a recognised university or college with a law degree, such as an LLB or a 5-year Integrated LLB programme.
- Valid PTE/TOEFL/IELTS scores that meet the university’s minimum percentile standards. GRE scores may be required by some law schools.
- The candidate must have met the university’s minimum GPA requirements.
Here are the requirements for studying in LLM in Taxation Law in India:
- Applicants must have earned a law degree from a recognised institution, either an LLB or a Bachelor of Law.
- For general candidates, a minimum aggregate score of 50% is necessary, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, a minimum score of 45% is required to pass the eligibility criteria for this course.
- Several universities have their own criteria for determining whether or not a student is eligible for this course.
- Colleges that admit students based on entrance examinations also require a candidate’s score in either a common or university-based entrance examination.
Application Process for Foreign Universities for LLM
- Choose the best university for a Master’s in Law degree. If you wish to study LLM Taxation Law in another country, you must first choose from the best university which will be the right fit for you.
- Admissions requirements for an LLM degree require candidates to hold a Bachelor Degree. Some colleges require a Bachelor degree with specific major subjects or a Bachelor Degree in LLM only . So be thorough about the requirements of your dream university.
- Examinations Score – TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced
- GPA – Different Universities have different GPA requirements but having a higher GPA always increases chances of selection.
- Work Experience – To pursue LLM Taxation Law one needs to have a relevant work experience of 2 Years.
- Course requirement- If you haven’t completed a law-related Bachelor’s degree, certain universities may need you to attend a preparatory course in order to be on par with the other students.
- Interviews- Some Universities conduct personal interviews as a part of their admission process.
Application Process in India
The candidate must be familiar with the selection process that is acceptable to the college/university where they want to study. To apply for institutions that offer merit-based admission, students must follow the following steps:
- Check the entrance requirements at the college admission department office or on the official website; complete and submit the L.L.M. admission forms according to the college/instructions and format/dimensions.
- The forms will be processed by the admissions department of the particular college or university.
- Before providing admission, a college or university may invite selected candidates for a personal interview and group discussion rounds.
Many colleges and universities recognize PG-CLAT, AILET, and LSAT India as national-level entrance tests. Colleges and universities may have their own entrance exams. Most schools and universities need a minimum aggregate grade point average in a qualifying undergraduate course, which is usually about 50%.
The career scope after pursuing LLM Taxation Law is very wide. A person can go for various job profiles such as:
- Legal Consultant
- Legal Advisors
- Legal Writers
- Tax Analyst
- Financial Advisors
Yes, it’s indeed a good idea as well as an exciting one. As tax lawyers progress through their careers, they can also develop more specialized expertise within related fields.
There is a constant demand for tax law expertise. The services are relevant all year round and the field keeps experiencing higher demand frequently.
The maximum duration of LLM in Taxation Law is two years. Although, in rare cases, it may vary depending on the circumstances and college that you’re applying for.
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
If you are interested in applying for an LLM Taxation Law course outside India then Leverage Edu provides study abroad services that are very accessible for aspirants. You can call our experts at 1800 572 000 for a free consultancy session anytime.