Interested in neurosciences and wish to become a Neurologist? B.Sc Neuroscience should be an answer to that. It is a 3 years undergraduate bachelors program in India. It consists of 6 Semesters scheduled for 6 months each. It is an extensive study of the human nervous system. It is a branch of biology that has several sub-areas of study. In the modern era of medical sciences, neurophysiologists use advanced physics, chemistry and molecular biology to treat patients. The field of BSc Neuroscience is expanding with more and more students wanting to pursue this course. Here in this blog, we cover everything about the course. Read on till the end!
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: Best Colleges for Psychology
What is BSc Neuroscience?
Candidates who wish to pursue BSc Neuroscience are exposed to in-depth knowledge of neuroanatomy, neuropathology and neurophysiology. Neuroscience is an advanced technology that has tremendously taken over the modern world. It has gained prominence because of the impact of technological evolution. Neuroscience deals with the study of the human nervous systems and is concerned with the activities of the brain. It uses advanced technologies.
To get admission in the course of BSc Neuroscience, you need to qualify the eligibility criteria. They are mentioned below.
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 level from any recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology must have been the compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- Candidates must have a minimum aggregate mark of 45% in the 10+2 level.
Also Read: Best Online Psychology Courses
Mentioned below is the admission process in different colleges and universities for the course of BSc Neurosciences. You can have a look here:
- Every university has its own admission process.
- For certain universities, candidates have to apply for an entrance test, and if they meet the chosen criteria, they are eligible for admission.
- The entrance exam has its own syllabus for different universities; the candidates must score well enough in the entrance to make it to any BSc Neuroscience college.
- Candidates must download the admission form on time and fill it up with all the required details and documents.
- Candidates must keep track of the important date announcements.
- Once universities have declared the merit list, candidates must check on time and do the essentials before the deadline to confirm their admission.
- For applying abroad, students must make sure they are aware of the deadlines.
- Get all the documents ready on time.
- Prepare for entrance tests like TOEFL, IELTS etc.
- Students must get their documents verified.
- Register online for entrance tests.
- Sit for the exam on the scheduled day.
- Students must wisely schedule their visa appointment dates.
Communication skills and precision are considered two important criterias for a candidate taking up BSc Neurosciences. Listed below are certain other essential skills considered necessary:
- Memory Skills
- Communication Skills
- Diagnostic Skills
- Research Skills
Explore: 100 Psychology Facts You Must Know!
Top Colleges in India for BSc Neurosciences
Tabulated below are the top colleges in India to pursue the course BSc Neurosciences. You can have:
|Name of College||Location|
|Government Medical College||Thrissur|
|Sri C Achutha Menon Government College||Thrissur, Kerala|
|Government Medical College||Kozhikode|
|Government College of Nursing||Kottayam|
|Government Medical College||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences||Kerala|
Top Colleges Abroad
Tabulated below are the top colleges abroad for BSc Neuroscience. Check it out here:
|Name of College||QS WORLD RANKING 2020|
|University of Cambridge||3|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology.||2|
|University of Oxford||5|
Do Read: Best Govt Medical Colleges in India
Syllabus for BSc Neuroscience
Mentioned below is the syllabus which is covered in the BSc Neuroscience semester wise. You can check it out here.
- Molecular Biology and Neurogenetics Personality Theories
- Applied Physics
- Communication Skills
- Animal Physiology
- Cell Biology
- Anxiety Disorders
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication
- Consciousness and Proprioception
- Bioscience for Nanotechnology
- Auditory System and Balance Olfaction
- Taste Neurophysiology
- Neuroscience Anatomy
- Physiology Counseling
- Molecular Biology
- Recruitment and Employability
- Research Methodology and Analysis Developmental Neuroscience
- Social Neuroscience
- Nerve Physiology
- Linguistics and Language
- Pathology Skin Senses Group Dynamics and Team Building Nervous System.
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Basic Biostatistics
- Advanced Animal Biotechnology
- Social Communication
- Human Genetics
- Human Health and Diagnostics Stress
- Coping Strategies Computational Genomics and Neuroscience.
Listed below are the core subjects in the BSc Neuroscience program.
- Molecular and Developmental Biology
- Nervous System
- Biological Chemistry
- Biomedical Science
- Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Applied Clinical Neurophysiology
- A biological study of perception, learning, memory and consciousness.
Explore: Neurologist vs Neurosurgeon
Masters After BSc Neurosciences
Candidates pursuing B.Sc Neuroscience have multiple options to choose from, if the wish to pursue a master’s degree. If candidates wish to go for a research centric program, they can choose from:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Neuroscience
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Neuroscience
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Neuroscience
Candidates can also choose from a list of other sub disciplines or branches of biology.
The job prospects are endless after receiving a degree in BSc Neuroscience. Listed below are some of the most sought-after job profiles:
- Neural Engineer
- Neurology Technician
- Research Associate
- Research Assistance
- Clinical Psychologist
- Mental Health Worker
- Occupational Therapist
Do Read: Branches of Science
So, this was all about BSc neuroscience and the endless scope in India and around the world. Want to apply abroad for the same? Confused about the application process? Contact our Leverage Edu experts for proper guidance. Sign up for a free session today!