Masters in Science in Anatomy, also known as MSc Anatomy, is a postgraduate degree program. It is a 2-year master’s degree divided into four semesters and aims to familiarise students with the study of human physiology. Individuals must study for both practical and theoretical tests given at the end of each semester. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required for entry to this course. Any colleges also hold entrance tests for students interested in this program. Read this blog to find out more about MSc Anatomy, scope, syllabus, colleges and more.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||Two years|
|Eligibility||A bachelor’s degree (BSc.) from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit-Based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2,000 to 3 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1.5 to 4 Lacs|
|Top Job Areas||Biomedical Companies, Clinics and Hospitals, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies and colleges/Universities, etc.|
|Jobs||Medical Coder, Assistant lecturer, Research Assistant, Medical Scientist, and many more|
Table of contents
What is MSc in Anatomy?
MSc Anatomy is mainly associated with the scientific study of the physiology of the human body. There are two types of anatomy: gross anatomy and microscopic anatomy. Gross anatomy, also known as topographical anatomy, is the study of visible anatomical features without using a microscope. Microscopic anatomy is the study of tiny anatomical objects using microscopes, including histology (the study of tissue organization) and cytology (the study of cells). Anatomy and human physiology are fundamental medical sciences that are commonly studied alongside students studying medical sciences.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc in Anatomy
This course is recommended for someone who wants to further his or her understanding of life sciences and related subjects. An MSc in anatomy is a good option for someone who wishes to pursue a career in the anatomical sciences. For example, if you intend to teach human anatomy to medical students, you can pursue an MSc in Anatomy.
An applicant for this course should have a solid medical record and experience. An individual who wishes to pursue a career in medicine or who wishes to improve his or her professional skills should consider taking this course. Here are the eligibility requirements for MSc Anatomy:
- Students with a BSc Anatomy degree are eligible for MSc Anatomy entry. Each student can graduate with a grade point average of at least 50%.
- Admission to every college is dependent on a student’s merit and entrance exam grades. Entrance examinations can be administered at the university, regional, or national levels.
- If you want to apply for MSc Anatomy abroad, you will be required to provide language proficiency exams like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. and some universities might also ask for MCAT scores. Additionally, an SOP and LORs are also needed.
Entrance Exams for MSc Anatomy
Some Institutes give admission based on the score of the entrance exams; some of these exams are mentioned below:
- All India Institute of Medical Science Entrance Exam/NEET PG
- Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam
- Government Medical College, Rajindra Hospital Entrance Exam
- NIMS University Entrance Exam
Documents required for admission
- 12th Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Entrance exam score sheet (if applicable)
- Graduation Certificates and Mark sheets.
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate in case of a student migrating from another university.
- Provisional Certificate
- Recent passport size color photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer (5 copies).
- Caste/Tribe certificate (for SC/ST candidate)/Physically Handicapped certificate.
Top Colleges for MSc Anatomy
Here are the top colleges offering MSc Anatomy:
Career Opportunities After MSc Anatomy
Here are the most popular jobs after MSc Anatomy:
|Medical Coder||As a medical coder, you have to go over patient medical history and assign codes to diagnoses and procedures. You will operate on-site with hospitals, clinics, physicians, and other medical facilities. Coders work with three different code sets CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10.|
|Research Assistant||An individual must collect and review data, prepare materials for submission, order project supplies, and supervise projects.|
|Medical Scientist||A medical scientist is in charge of carrying out trial experiments and working in laboratories, clinics, and other appropriate settings. In addition, the individual is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out correctly.|
|Genetic Counselors||An individual must review patient history, conduct genetic tests, calculate genetic risk, inform families about possible health hazards, and assist patients in coping with a diagnosis.|
An individual’s pay is entirely determined by his or her academic achievements, personal abilities, and capabilities. As a new employee, your salary may be inadequate, but it will rise as your experience grows. In the private sector, the average salary will range from 15,000 to 30,000 rupees.
|Medical Coder||INR 1.6 Lakhs – 2.4 Lakhs|
|Assistant lecturer||INR 2.2 Lakhs-2.8 Lakhs|
|Research Assistant||INR 1.9 L- INR 2.5 Lakhs|
|Medical Scientist||INR 2.7 Lakhs-3 Lakhs|
We hope that this blog has provided you with all the features of MSc Anatomy course. Want to pursue masters abroad? Sign up for a free session with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you find the best course, university and scholarship as per your interests and aspirations!