One of the prominent research degrees, PhD Neuroscience is a research-level program having a duration of 3-5 years. This course basically focuses on the different aspects of the nervous system and blending them with the disciplines of neurology. PhD in Neuroscience offers you an integrated view of neuroscience collaborating with intricacies of research. There are many top institutes that offer this doctoral research program to students. If you want to know more about PhD in Neuroscience, the benefits of pursuing a degree in Neuroscience, eligibility requirements, entrance exams, and much more then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
|Name of the Course||PhD in Neuroscience|
|Level of the Course||Research Level|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree in relevant disciplines from a recognized university|
|Admission process||Merit-based and entrance-based|
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Average fees||INR 15,000 to INR 7,00,000|
Why Pursue a PhD in Neuroscience?
There are an array of reasons why you must opt for a PhD in Neuroscience.
- Lucrative Positions: there are numerous positions that require a PhD degree holders, thus having a PhD would help you get more lucrative positions such as an advisor.
- Boost Confidence: When you have a PhD degree then you are able to make your own choices and can settle with work as well as results. Long years of study experience and basically a PhD degree enables you with loads of confidence.
- Salary: After completion of the course you are offered high packages as compared to bachelor’s and master’s degree holders. The package usually ranges between INR 3,00,000 to 7,00,000.
- Open to Various Sectors: After completion of the degree, you can get into various sectors including Genetic Counselling Career Centres, Psychology Centres, Forensic Science Labs, and Pharmaceutical Companies.
There are a few eligibility requirements you need to qualify to pursue a PhD in Neuroscience.
- You are required to complete a master in science degree in Neuroscience or equivalent with an aggregate score of 55% and above from a recognized university.
- You are also required to pass entrance exams conducted by various reputed universities for admission.
There are many colleges that take admission on the basis of entrance exams and here is the list of entrance exams:
|Exam Name||Conducting body||Exam mode|
|SIU PET||Symbiosis International University||Online|
|MGU WAT||Mahatma Gandhi University||Online|
|Amity University PET||Amity University||Offline|
|MAHE PhD||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Online|
Top Universities for PhD Neuroscience Abroad
There are a plethora of various universities that offer a PhD in Neuroscience for
|Name of the University||World QS Rankings 2022|
|University of California–San Francisco||11|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1|
|University College London||8|
|Johns Hopkins University||25|
|University of Pennsylvania||13|
|University of California–San Diego||48|
|University of California–Los Angeles||40|
Top Universities for PhD Neuroscience in India
There are many top universities in India that offer a PhD program in Neuroscience. Some of the top colleges include
- AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences New
- DYPMC Pune – Dr. D Y Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon
- KIMS Karad – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences
- IGIMS Patna – Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
- JNMC Aligarh – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Aligarh Muslim University
- SVIMS Tirupati – Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences
- Pacific Medical University, Udaipur
- Era University, Lucknow
- OPJS University, Rajgarh
After completion of a degree in this field, you are offered a plethora of job opportunities. As a PhD Neuroscience degree holder you can be employed in, Genetic Counselling Centres, Psychology Centres, Pharmaceutical Companies, Forensic Science Labs, Mental Health Sciences, Public Health Sciences as well as you can apply for the positions of professors at reputed universities and colleges.
Another greatest reason for the popularity of this course is the high packages offered by the top companies.
|Job Profile||Salary in INR|
PhD Neuroscience has a duration of 4-6 years depending on different institutions.
If you are PhD Neuroscience aspirant then you must know that regardless of your undergraduate major you are also required to have academic excellence as PhD Neuroscience has an acceptance rate of 19%.
Basically, you cannot do PhD after completion of MBBS as you are first required to complete a three-year medical postgraduate programme MS or MD.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.