Located in the seaside town of Bournemouth, the Arts University has its traces in the early 20th century and had its foundation laid in 1992. It ranks 401–500 according to the “THE World University Rankings 2021” and is one of the leading media and art colleges in the United Kingdom. It’s flexible courses and the student-friendly environment has attracted students from over 150 countries globally. Arts University Bournemouth is the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK. Students who have had their alma mater from BU’s National Centre for Computer Animation have progressively worked with award-winning movies like Gravity, Star Wars, Gladiator, and Lord of the Rings. If you have a keen inclination towards the disciplines of humanities and media, Arts University Bournemouth is the perfect choice for your dreams. Check this blog for details regarding enrolment and other facts about BU.
This Blog Includes:
Fast Facts About Arts University Bournemouth
|Location||Bournemouth, Dorset, UK|
|Total No. of Students||2,610 international students.|
|Eligibility||IELTS (6.5-7) ; PTE (58-62)|
Why study at the Arts University Bournemouth?
Wondering why you should study at the Arts University Bournemouth? Here are some reasons to solidify your doubt:
BU offers students an exciting and engaging stay at their institute with excellent academic training. The university’s library holds unique books and guides for students with a separate collection of electronic and rare books that can be accessed by students. The Lansdowne Campus also has a nightclub for students to enjoy their campus stay safely. Located by the beach, the university is surrounded by stunning sandy beaches and exotic locations for students to explore. The university also features SportBU which has various athletic activities and training for students with a zing for sports and fitness. Another notable feature of the university is its exciting clubs, each formed for every student’s passion and interest. These clubs are run through the official Students’ Union (SUBU) that taps unique topics like charities, baking, gaming, education, politics, sports, and much more!
The Arts University Bournemouth has a history of respectable and famous notable alumni who have built successful careers. A few noteworthy alumni are:
- Nick Hector (Award-Winning Filmmaker and Editor)
- David Andrew Amess (Politician)
- Carl Ashmore (Children’s Author)
- Angela Browning (Politician)
- Charles Mark Hansel (Psychologist and Academic)
- Paul Kavanagh (Oscar-Nominated Visual Effects Artist)
- Dan O’Hagan (BBC Commentator)
Also Read: Study in UK After 12th for Indian Students
Apart from media and animation being the highlight courses of Arts University Bournemouth, it also offers over 150 UG courses and 100 PG courses with a professional faculty of over 1500 people for guidance. The following is a complete list of courses offered by the university.
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses|
|Accounting, Finance & Economics||Accounting, Finance & Economics|
|Archaeology & Anthropology||Archaeology & Anthropology|
|Business, Management & Marketing||Business & Management|
|Communication & Journalism||Computer Animation & Visual Effects|
|Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects||Computing & Informatics|
|Computing & Informatics||Design & Engineering|
|Design & Engineering||Health|
|Health & Social Care||Journalism, English & Communication|
|Life & Environmental Sciences||Life & Environmental Sciences|
|History, Politics & Social Studies||Marketing|
|Media, Film, TV & Music Production||Media Production|
|Tourism, Hospitality & Events||Social Work|
|Sport||Sport, Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
The following dates are crucial deadlines for students who wish to secure admission for undergraduate courses. The post-graduation courses at the Arts University Bournemouth have no specific deadlines but it is preferable that students must apply at the earliest.
- Early Sept 2020: 2021 entry applications begin.
- 15 Jan 2020: Application deadline for the majority of UG courses
- 16 Jan 2020: Late applications are still accepted if course places are available.
- 25 Feb 2020: UCAS Extra opens ( if you have been unsuccessful with all of your choices)
- 30 June 2020: the last date to submit late 2021 applications.
- 4 July 2020: the last date to apply in Extra for 2021 entry
- 5 July 2020: Clearing opens for 2021 entry.
International students need to check the entrance requirements for enrollment. For complete guidance with the admission process, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will provide a step-by-step procedure. The following are a few points to keep in check before applying for any course at BU.
- Having successfully completed 10+2 years of education. For an undergraduate course, the average percentage of at least 65% is necessary. (some courses will require this to be higher)
- A minimum of IELTS score of 6.5
- For postgraduate courses, a bachelor’s degree is required. Some courses also require a portfolio.
Note: To know specific details about a particular course, call us at 088262 00293.
Scholarships at Arts University Bournemouth
Arts University Bournemouth offers students with scholarships based on their academic merit and other skills. The following is a comprehensive list for students to avail of funds from.
|BU Sport Scholarship||(INR 4,62,100)||Engineering, Computers, Science|
|BU Commonwealth Shared Scholarship (Bournemouth University)||(INR 19,78,797)||Business|
|Chevening Scholarship- Bournemouth University (MBA)||(INR 18,23,375)||Business|
|Academic Excellence Scholarship (for PG courses)||(INR 3,08,910)||Engineering, Computers, Business|
Research in any institute is extremely crucial for the implementation of theoretical knowledge for the environment and society. Arts University Bournemouth offers research studies in various departments. BU has a powerful and skilled research faculty who were recently conducting an analysis of the genocide in Iraq, Bosnia, and Rwanda. The following are the various fields of research offered by the university:
- Faculty of Health & Social Science
- Faculty of Media & Communication
- Faculty of Science & Technology
- The BU Business School
- Business & economic sustainability
- Digital & technological futures
- Environment, culture & heritage
- Global security
- Health & wellbeing
Career and Employment at Arts University Bournemouth
Arts University Bournemouth also hosts various career fairs for students to explore after completion of their academics:
- The University has a special team of advisers for career-related assistance.
- The team of Advisers supports students in their search for part-time jobs during the academic years. They also help students find permanent jobs after the completion of the graduation course.
- The team provides feedback on students’ CVs and offers practice interviews for students.
- The recruitment fairs by BU introduce students to globally famous companies like JP Morgan, John Lewis, Microsoft, Intel, and Disney.
- A recent event at the college is their career week (19th October-23rd October) which provides opportunities for students from different courses and years.
- The university also enhances skills that are demanded by employees through their weekly workshops.
Also Read: UK Student VISA
Hence, we hope that this blog helped you explore the key facts and features of the Arts University Bournemouth! Studying at BU is truly an opportunity for you to build yourself and also avail world-class knowledge. For any assistance regarding, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you throughout the application process to ensure that every aspect of your candidature is perfect. Sign up for a free session with us today!