Don’t coop up yourself while you are studying in Melbourne. Studies and amazing friends might be very catchy reasons to stay restricted to your university, but there are way more interesting things that you can do while doing an internship in Melbourne. It is no secret that internships are the best way to have a side income and learn the practicality of what you are learning in college. However, an internship in Melbourne will also help you build strong connections with recruiters and companies that are an edge over the competition. So, let’s get you an internship in Melbourne!
This Blog Includes:
Do you know about the ERASMUS Internships Programs For International Students?
Why Go For an Internship in Melbourne?
Still dicey? Want to focus on your education to make an exceptional career out of it? And you think that only good grades are good enough for that? Sorry to break your bubble but Melbourne is a competitive city and innumerable students graduate every year from world-class universities. So how do you make yourself stand out? Here are some pointers on why you should go for an internship while studying in Melbourne.
- Paid internship program. Maybe now you can go out to a party too.
- An edge over the better. That 95% scorer is no better than you.
- Gain confidence. You can work and study simultaneously!
- Practical knowledge. You already know how that equipment works.
- Flexible and convenient. On-campus or off-campus is your own choice.
- Skill development. You have more points to secure a job than your classmates.
- Networking. The more you greet, the higher your feat.
- Associate with top companies. Do you even know who the recruiters are?
- Get the latest industrial knowledge and a certificate. Yes, you can flaunt it!
- You might even get a pre-placement offer. Jackpot!
Hey, there are UK Universities that Offer Paid Internships for Students. Want to Check?
Top Internships in Melbourne
Here are some top internships in Melbourne with the average payment they offer.
|Graphic Design & Illustration
|$4,750 per month
|$60,000 per year
|$58,000 per year
|$5,078 per month
|Communications & PR
|$54,061 per year
|$44,500 per year
|$24.26 per hour
|VFX, Video Editing
|$95,000 per year
|$9,975 per month
Top Companies Offering Internships in Melbourne
Wonder where can you get to work? Well, there are some top companies that offer internships but you also work with your university or local business, organisations and communities for internships. Both options are great as one offers you its pre-established reputation while the other offers a platform to innovate and develop.
- National Australia Bank
- University of Melbourne
Take a moment to read A Complete Guide on Internships in Canada
Requirements to Pursue an Internship in Melbourne
There are certain prerequisites to pursue an internship in Australia. Here are some of them mentioned for you.
- You need to be enrolled at a university in Australia or anywhere else.
- Also, you must fulfil the requirements for the internship given by the employer.
- Check if there is an age criteria for the internship.
- If you are studying outside Australia, you will need a Subclass 462 or Subclass 417 Work Holiday Visa.
- On the other hand, if you are already in Australia, your student visa will work.
- Your internship should either be happening during the vacations or with the consent of your university.
- If it is a part of your study program then no additional approval is required.
How to Apply for an Internship in Melbourne?
Here are the steps to apply for an internship in Melbourne.
- First of all, make an exceptional resume.
- Look for which internship matches your eligibility criteria or prepare yourself according to their selection criteria.
- Make a cover letter and apply for the internship.
- Prepare for the interview in the meantime.
- Sit for the interview and give your best.
- Receive an offer letter and join the internship program.
- Once the program is complete you can collect your certificate and stipend.
Where to Find Internships in Melbourne?
This is a very important section of finding an internship in Melbourne. You can look into the following to get amazing information.
- The Intern Group
- Artbound Initiative
- World Endeavours
- Asia Internship Program
- ELI Abroad
- World Internships
- Universities in Melbourne
Yes, internships in Melbourne are paid. You can earn around $53,000 yearly on average as an intern in Melbourne.
Data analysis, finance, human resources, IT, Marketing, Communication, PR, Architecture etc are the popular fields to find internships in Melbourne.
Companies like Mercedes, National Australia Bank, Deloitte, PwC, University of Melbourne, Telstra, IBM, Cummins, WATPAC etc provide amazing internships for students in Melbourne.
This was all about internships in Melbourne. For more such career-related blogs follow Leverage Edu.
You might also want to read: