Landing in your dream job is very changing if you are a fresher with no work experience. However, have a striking resume and a cover letter for fresher can help you increase your chances of selection. We are quite familiar with the importance of resume for freshers looking for the first job, however, do you know what exactly is a cover letter? It is always said, “First Impression is the last impression.” A cover letter has to be perfect enough to engage your employer for reaching out to your resume and is instigated to ring you for the personal interview call.
This Blog Includes:
What is a Cover Letter?
A cover letter is a document that provides the information to the prospective employer about your educational qualifications, career goals, projects, and other key details in a very crisp manner. It is a document which quickly and directly communicates the position you are looking for in the organization so that the recruiter does not confuse two candidates who have the same qualifications. Also termed as a ‘Job Application Letter’, a cover letter for fresher must highlight one’s exceptional academic records and educational qualifications.
Also Read: Career Objective for a Fresher
How Do I Write a Cover Letter for Fresher?
While building a perfect cover letter, the candidate should follow the chronology to make it systematic and clear for the employer to have a glance on. Your potential recruiter will take around 5 to 6 seconds to scan through your resume, which means you need to sincerely work on your cover letter to serve as the opening act. Given below are the different components of a cover letter for fresher:
- Name of the employer/organization and the person to be contacted should be mentioned at the top-left corner of the page.
- Date of the application.
- Now comes the reference line or the subject of the cover letter which must contain the position you are applying for. For example, “Application for the position of Public Relation Officer.”
- Greet the employer directly by writing their name (example: Dear Mr X) instead of writing, “To whomsoever, it may concern”.
- After the greeting, start the body of the cover letter by introducing yourself to the reader.
- The second paragraph should highlight your educational background and your skills and qualities in a very crisp manner.
- Conclude the body of the cover letter by talking about “why should you be hired.”
- Lastly, thank the employer and mention your name and contact details.
Tips and Trick to Write a Strong Job Application Letter
Writing a cover letter is not as easy as you think it to be. It takes a great deal of patience and self-introspection to formulate a cover letter which proves your worthiness and makes your job application outshine other applications. Let us have an insightful look into the different tips to keep in mind while creating a cover letter for fresher:
- Never restate anything that you have already mentioned in your resume.
- Since you are a fresher, all you have as an asset is your education and your skills. Highlight these two factors in the most graceful and clever way possible.
- After you draft your cover letter, make sure there are no grammatical errors.
- Avoid making your cover letter too long and keep it limited to one page.
- Never be dishonest at any point or brag about your qualities.
- Think of a good conclusion and sign off with words such as, “Thanking You,” “Best Regards,” “Sincerely,” etc.
- When writing a cover letter for fresher, be specific to the job role and description.
Sample Cover Letter for Fresher
A well-written cover letter for fresher can help the employers pick out the most suitable candidate for the job. Thus, we have come up with a sample to help you write that perfect cover letter and get the recruiter’s attention.
BONUS [Documents Related to Freshers Seeking Job]
- Declaration in Resume for Freshers
- Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers
- Career Objective for Resume for Fresher in Computer Science
- CA Fresher Resume
- Resume for Electrical Engineer Fresher
As a fresher, job hunting can be a tedious task and creating a resume or a cover letter for fresher are equally important. There are certain things we tend to miss out – when we lack work experience. But do not worry, our experts at Leverage Edu can help you in developing a job-winning resume with perfection.