As per QS World Rankings 2022, the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto continues to be the highest-ranked MBA school in Canada. It has been ranked at 43rd in the world for offering a range of MBA specialisations with an impressively high ROI. This incredible management school can open the doors to executive positions at leading companies like IBM, Google and Mckinsey and Co. So, if you are planning to pursue your MBA from Canada then here is your go-to guide for the University of Toronto MBA!
|University||University of Toronto|
|School||Rotman School of Management|
|Course||Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA, Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA|
|Duration||1 to 2 years|
|Work Experience||Minimum 2 years and 8 years for EMBA|
|QS World University Rank 2022||26|
|QS Global MBA Rankings 2022||42|
|Average tuition fee||INR 70 lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
Did you know the first successful lung transplant happened at the University of Toronto?
Rotman School of Management
Rotman School of Management in the University of Toronto’s school of business and management. It was established in 1950 and is located in Downtown Toronto. Rotman offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in commerce and management. Rotman School believes that its location, Toronto, is a vital reason to join their school as it is a multicultural pot with half of the population from outside Canada. MBA in this business school is ranked 42nd best in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2022 and that is why it sees a large influx of international applications every year.
Also Read: Study in Vancouver
University of Toronto MBA Courses
University of Toronto offers various MBA courses. Confused which course is perfect for you? Try our AI Course Finder and you get what you are looking for, saving you hours of research.
|University of Toronto MBA||Description||Work Experience|
|Full-Time MBA||A 2-year program allowing you to specialise in marketing, finance, accounting and 87 other electives and specialisations.||Minimum 2 years|
|Part-Time MBA||Morning MBA- 7-9 am twice a week OREvening MBA- 6.30-8.30pm twice a week||Minimum 2 years|
|Executive MBA||13 months program, robust business training and leadership skills||Minimum 8 years|
|Global Executive MBA||18 months program over 7 cities in 4 continents||Minimum 5 years|
Also Read: Executive MBA in Germany
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Toronto but are not sure you are eligible? Here are the entry requirements to be fulfilled by Indian students:
- All academic transcripts are in the English language only
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised Indian university with a GPA of 8 or more.
- GMAT– 678 or GRE score equivalent to GMAT minimum requirement.
- If you have passed all 3 levels of CFA, you do not need GMAT or GRE.
- IELTS– 7.0 or TOEFL– 100
- Minimum 2 letters of professional references.
7.0 is a fairly difficult IELTS score to achieve but our Leverage Live coaches will help you with access to superior study material, one on one doubt solving sessions and personalised guidance.
The applications for the University of Toronto MBA are taken in rounds. The University of Toronto allows students to apply in 4 regular intervals so that it becomes easy for them to evaluate all applicants.
- Early Round- Deadline was 3rd September 2021 and decided by 15th October 2021.
- 1st Round- Deadline was 4th October and decided by 10th December 2021.
- 2nd Round- Deadline was 10th January 2022 and decision out by 11th March 2022.
- 3rd Round- Deadline was 7th March 2022 and decided by 29th April, 2022.
- 4th Round- Deadline was 25th April 2022 and decided by 3rd June 2022.
Note: All international applicants are advised to send in their applications by the 3rd Round so that they have time to apply for their Canada study permit if accepted.
Also Read: Canada Work Permit
A step-by-step guide has been provided to you so that you can easily apply for the University of Toronto MBA without any confusion:
- Go to the Rotman School of Management website and choose the MBA program you would wish to study.
- Note down the entry requirements specifically for that MBA program like IELTS score, GMAT score, etc.
- Prepare for your aptitude test (GMAT, GRE, etc) and give the exam before you start your application for the University of Toronto MBA.
- Attach your essay and other documents required to study in Canada and submit your application.
- The admission committee will invite you for an interview after you submit your application.
- The decision will be out on the dates mentioned above.
- If you are accepted, you will have to confirm your acceptance within a deadline.
- Now, you can start looking for accommodations, scholarships and also start your visa application.
The application process for an MBA at the University of Toronto is made to ease the stress on students so that they can concentrate on their essays and interview with answers that make them stand out from the rest. Here are 9 common mistakes to avoid while applying to study abroad!
Also Read: MBA at the University of Manchester
University of Toronto MBA Fees
The tuition fee for any MBA program is higher than the usual postgraduate degrees. This is because of the value-added learnings the course teaches that instantly upskills you after graduation. The tuition fee for all the MBA programs offered by the University of Toronto are given below:
- Full-time MBA- INR 79.39 lakhs
- Part-time MBA- INR 77.41 lakhs
- Executive MBA- INR 70.52 lakhs
- Global Executive MBA- INR 60.51 lakhs
Also Read: Management Courses in Canada
Cost of Living in Toronto
Apart from the University of Toronto MBA tuition fees as an international student, you also look at the cost of living in Toronto before you start your application process. Here are all the expenses that you incur while you study for MBA:
|Types of expenses||Average cost (INR)|
|Accommodation||4.84-8.47 lakhs per year|
|Food||2.42-3.32 lakhs per year|
|Public Transport||78,665 per year|
|Personal Expenses||1.21 lakhs per year|
|Health Insurance (UHIP) for international students)||45,746|
Please note that the expenses given above are based on accommodation in downtown Toronto and are subject to change depending upon your preferences.
With a global reputation of being one of the best business schools in Canada, Rotman offers one of the largest and diverse MBA talent pools in the world. Situated in downtown Toronto, University of Toronto MBA candidates have access to multi-national business culture. An average starting salary of an MBA in Toronto is 52.09 lakhs per year.
Rotman Notable Alumni
Here’s a list of the illustrious Rotman alumni that have applied their MBA tricks and won immensely in the outer world!
- Alex Shevchenko, co-founder of Grammarly
- Jim Balsillie- Former CEO of Research in Motion
- George Gardiner, Financier and Past President, Toronto Stock Exchange
- Donald Guloien, President and CEO, Manulife Financial Corporation
- Michael Wilson, former Chancellor of University of Toronto
- William Downe, CEO of Bank of Montreal
- Victor Dodig, CEO and President of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Kevin Lobo, Chairman and CEO of Stryker Corporation
A full-time MBA at the University of Toronto is 2 years long.
The tuition fee for an MBA at the University of Toronto is an average of INR 70 lakhs.
Yes, you can opt for classes twice a week either in the morning or evening for a part-time MBA option.
The Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto is located in downtown Toronto.
On-campus accommodation is available at the University of Toronto but is not guaranteed for MBA students.
You need to apply for the Canada study permit for an MBA at the University of Toronto.
A minimum score of 7 with 6.5 in each category is required for an MBA in the University of Toronto.
Are you planning to pursue one of the University of Toronto MBA courses but not sure where to start from? Our Leverage Edu experts will help you from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minute session today!