As per QS World Rankings 2022, the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto continues to be the highest-ranked MBA school in Canada. It has been ranked 43rd in the world for offering a range of MBA specializations with an impressively high ROI. This incredible management school can open the doors to executive positions at leading companies like IBM, Google, and Mckinsey and Co. So, if you are planning to pursue your MBA from Canada then here is your go-to guide for the University of Toronto MBA!
|University||University of Toronto|
|School||Rotman School of Management|
Global Executive MBA
|Duration||1 – 2 years|
|Work Experience||Minimum 2 years and 8 years for EMBA|
|QS World University Rank 2023||34|
|QS Global MBA Rankings 2023||41|
|Average tuition fee||INR 70 lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
- Overview of Rotman School of Management
- University of Toronto MBA Courses
- University of Toronto MBA Entry Requirements
- University of Toronto Application Deadlines
- University of Toronto MBA Application Process
- University of Toronto MBA Fees
- Cost of Living in Toronto
- Career Opportunities & Placements after the MBA Course
- Rotman Notable Alumni
Did you know the first successful lung transplant happened at the University of Toronto?
Overview of Rotman School of Management
Rotman School of Management in the University of Toronto’s School of Business and Management. It was established in 1950 and is located in Downtown Toronto. Rotman offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in commerce and management. Rotman School believes that its location, Toronto, is a vital reason to join its school as it is a multicultural pot with half of the population from outside Canada. MBA in this business school is ranked 42nd best in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2022 and that is why it sees a large influx of international applications every year.
Also Read: Study in Vancouver
University of Toronto MBA Courses
University of Toronto offers various MBA courses. Confused about which course is perfect for you? Try our AI Course Finder and you get what you are looking for, saving you hours of research.
|University of Toronto MBA||Description||Work Experience|
|Full-Time MBA||A 2-year program allowing you to specialize in marketing, finance, accounting, and 87 other electives and specializations.||Minimum 2 years|
|Part-Time MBA||Morning MBA- 7-9 am twice a week OREvening MBA- 6.30-8.30 pm twice a week||Minimum 2 years|
|Executive MBA||13 months program, robust business training, and leadership skills||Minimum 8 years|
|Global Executive MBA||18 months program over 7 cities on 4 continents||Minimum 5 years|
Also Read: Executive MBA in Germany
University of Toronto MBA Entry Requirements
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Toronto but are not sure you are eligible? Here are the entry requirements to be fulfilled by Indian students:
- All academic transcripts are in the English language only
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian university with a GPA of 8 or more
- GMAT– 678 or GRE score equivalent to GMAT minimum requirement
- If you have passed all 3 levels of CFA, you do not need GMAT or GRE
- IELTS – 7.0 or TOEFL – 100
- Minimum 2 letters of professional references
7.0 is a fairly difficult IELTS score to achieve but our Leverage Live coaches will help you with access to superior study material, one on one doubt solving sessions, and personalized guidance.
University of Toronto Application Deadlines
The applications for the University of Toronto MBA are taken in rounds. The University of Toronto allows students to apply in 4 regular intervals so that it becomes easy for them to evaluate all applicants.
|Early Round||September 2, 2023 (Decision by October 14, 2023)|
|Round 1||October 3, 2023 (Decision by December 16, 2023)|
|Round 2||January 13, 2024 (Decision by March 17, 2024)|
|Round 3||March 6, 2024 (Decision by May 5, 2024)|
University of Toronto MBA Application Deadlines
|E.M.B.A Global||Round 1 Application Deadline[26 Jan, 2022]Round 2 Application Deadline[25 May, 2022]|
|M.B.A||Application Deadline For 2023 Intake Round 3[6 Mar, 2023]Application Deadline For 2023 Intake Round 4[28 Apr, 2023]|
|E.M.B.A||Round-3 Application Deadline[5 Jun, 2023]Round-2 Application Deadline[1 Mar, 2023]|
Note: All international applicants are advised to send in their applications by the 3rd Round so that they have time to apply for their Canada study permit if accepted.
Also Read: Canada Work Permit
University of Toronto MBA Application Process
A step-by-step guide has been provided to you so that you can easily apply for the University of Toronto MBA without any confusion:
- Go to the Rotman School of Management website and choose the MBA program you would wish to stud
- Note down the entry requirements specifically for that MBA program like IELTS score, GMAT score, etc
- Prepare for your aptitude test (GMAT, GRE, etc) and give the exam before you start your application for the University of Toronto MBA
- Attach your essay and other documents required to study in Canada and submit your application
- The admission committee will invite you for an interview after you submit your application.
- The decision will be out on the dates mentioned above
- If you are accepted, you will have to confirm your acceptance within a deadline.
- Now, you can start looking for accommodations, and scholarships and also start your visa application
The application process for an MBA at the University of Toronto is made to ease the stress on students so that they can concentrate on their essays and interview with answers that make them stand out from the rest. Here are 9 common mistakes to avoid while applying to study abroad!
Also Read: MBA at the University of Manchester
University of Toronto MBA Fees
The tuition fee for any MBA program is higher than the usual postgraduate degree. This is because of the value-added learnings the course teaches that instantly upskill you after graduation. The tuition fee for all the MBA programs offered by the University of Toronto is given below:
- Full-time MBA- INR 79.39 lakhs
- Part-time MBA- INR 77.41 lakhs
- Executive MBA- INR 70.52 lakhs
- Global Executive MBA- INR 60.51 lakhs
Also Read: Management Courses in Canada
Cost of Living in Toronto
Apart from the University of Toronto MBA tuition fees as an international student, you also look at the cost of living in Toronto before you start your application process. Here are all the expenses that you incur while you study for MBA:
|Types of expenses||Average cost (INR)|
|Accommodation||4.84-8.47 lakhs per year|
|Food||2.42-3.32 lakhs per year|
|Public Transport||78,665 per year|
|Personal Expenses||1.21 lakhs per year|
|Health Insurance (UHIP) for international students)||45,746|
Please note that the expenses given above are based on accommodation in downtown Toronto and are subject to change depending on your preferences.
Career Opportunities & Placements after the MBA Course
With a global reputation of being one of the best business schools in Canada, Rotman offers one of the largest and most diverse MBA talent pools in the world. Situated in downtown Toronto, University of Toronto MBA candidates have access to multi-national business culture. The average starting salary for an MBA in Toronto is 52.09 lakhs per year.
Here are the top companies that hired MBA graduates from the Rotman School of Management:
- Deloitte (Canada)
- Bloom Burton Securities
- Avasta Incorporated
- Bain & Company
- Bank of Canada
- Johnson & Johnson
- KPMG (Canada)
- IDC China
- IDEA Fund Par
- Maple Leaf Foods
Rotman Notable Alumni
Here’s a list of the illustrious Rotman alumni that have applied their MBA tricks and won immensely in the outer world!
- Alex Shevchenko, co-founder of Grammarly
- Jim Balsillie- Former CEO of Research in Motion
- George Gardiner, Financier and Past President, Toronto Stock Exchange
- Donald Guloien, President and CEO, Manulife Financial Corporation
- Michael Wilson, former Chancellor of the University of Toronto
- William Downe, CEO of Bank of Montreal
- Victor Dodig, CEO and President of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Kevin Lobo, Chairman and CEO of Stryker Corporation
A full-time MBA at the University of Toronto is 2 years long.
The tuition fee for an MBA at the University of Toronto is an average of INR 70 lakhs.
Yes, you can opt for classes twice a week either in the morning or evening for a part-time MBA option.
The Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto is located in downtown Toronto.
On-campus accommodation is available at the University of Toronto but is not guaranteed for MBA students.
You need to apply for a Canada study permit for an MBA at the University of Toronto.
A minimum score of 7 with 6.5 in each category is required for an MBA at the University of Toronto.
Are you planning to pursue one of the University of Toronto MBA courses but not sure where to start? Our Leverage Edu experts will help you from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minute session today!