Many students are interested in pursuing graduate studies abroad. But it is hard to choose between different countries. And when it comes to choosing between Canada or Germany, it’s even more difficult. Isn’t it? You need to make a decision after reviewing all options such as universities, cost of living, tuition, geographic location or climate, etc. Only then you can come up with the best decision for your future self. In this blog, we will analyse, two of the most distinguished destinations, Canada vs Germany, to determine which is the best destination for graduate studies.
Must Read: Happiest Countries to Study Abroad
This Blog Includes:
Germany and Canada are both among the list of the most rapidly growing economies in the world and an ideal destination for international students. Both Germany and Canada offer exceptional student life experiences and career opportunities and are the top-rated destinations for international students. It is only if we compare Canada vs Germany can we decide the pros and cons of each country.
When we are talking about Canada vs Germany based on higher education, knowing what each country has to offer or knowing about popular courses and fields of study is yet another important factor.
- Canada has always been recognized for its studies in different areas such as business management, media, engineering, nursing, computer science, medicine and the hotel industry.
- On the other hand, Germany is nowhere behind for its amazing plethora of courses in different fields of study such as computer engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, life sciences courses, management, finance etc.
Also Read: Best Colleges in Canada
The tuition fee is one of the most important factors and criteria for many students when they are asked to choose from Canada vs Germany, as not everyone can neglect and finance a handsome amount of fee when looking for pursuing higher education abroad.
- If you have the means to pay high tuition fees, going to Canada is not an issue. Average tuition costs of studying in Canada usually range from $10,000 (INR 5,76,702) to $30,000 CAD (INR 17,30,272) per year, depending on the college or university.
- On the other hand, the cost of studying in Germany is not that expensive. Germany is well known for its affordable tuition, particularly for both national and European students. Some of their well-known universities are also known to charge no fees. On average, the tuition fee for studying in Germany is generally around 500-1,000 (INR 90,116) euro per year.
Must Read: Free Education in Germany
You need someplace to live where you can move in when you get the opportunity to study abroad. Accommodations must be found before you travel to one of these countries.
- For Canada, hostels or accommodation facilities cost a lot of money. It is also quite hard to find a decent or suitable accommodation if you are an international student. Students often rent common rooms or basements because they are less expensive than on-campus or private inns.
- On the other hand, Germany is not only known for its affordable education, but also for its less expensive accommodation.
Explore: 5 Reasons to Study in Germany
Communication or the native language is a huge factor wherever you move across the globe. If you don’t know how to communicate in their language, living in that country would impose a lot of problems. So it will be right to say that language is one such factor that plays an important role when choosing between Canada vs Germany.
- If you wish to study in Canada, you can easily get in touch with anyone there in English. International students will be asked to even give English proficiency exams like TOEFL or IELTS, in order to study in Canada.
- On the other hand, you will suffer from an enormous language barrier if you go and study in Germany. You can choose a program entirely in English, but you still have to communicate with the teachers or students. International students can give the TestDaf to prove their proficiency in the German language. It paves the way for students who want to study in Germany without IELTS.
So if you don’t want to invest your time in learning a new language, you should choose Canada over Germany for higher education. In order to learn how to learn a new language quickly, read our blog on How to Learn New Languages? Fast & Effectively!
Also read: Study in Germany Without IELTS
Cost of Living
It is not just the cost of education that international students should take into account. They even have to consider the cost of living, which is also an important factor when we talk about Canada vs Germany in terms of higher education. As an international student relocating to any country, your budget will be limited.
- Germany is expensive when it comes to an affordable cost or standard of living, especially in a foreign land. International students (especially from India) will find that everything is expensive in Germany as compared to other countries like the USA, Canada, Australia etc. The average cost of living in Germany for an international student is somewhere around 800-850 euros (INR 72,000- INR 76,000) per month.
- On the contrary, the Canadian cost of living is not less anyhow but still less and better than the cost of living in Germany for international students. Although accommodation facilities in Canada are expensive, food costs and other miscellaneous costs like travel costs, utility bills, etc are decent enough. On an average, the cost of living in Canada, for an international student, is somewhere around 700 to 800 CAD per month (INR 40,000- INR 46,000).
The semester system of both the countries, whether it is Canada or Germany, are different from each other. Let us compare their semester system in more detail.
- In the debate of Canada vs Germany, we have witnessed that the Canadian education system is as such that will allow you to be evaluated throughout the semester by different means such as several quizzes, assignments, discussions outside the main exams. This is practical for those who do not wish to rely solely on their final examination grades.
- In the German education system, however, your result is dependent on your final examination. Assessments are generally not conducted between semesters. So, all you need to do is give good exams by the end of the semester.
In our analysis of Canada vs Germany, an important factor of comparison is the availability of jobs in both the countries.
- There are more employment opportunities in Germany when we talk about Canada vs Germany. Once you graduate, if you have skills and a good school record, you are more likely to find a job in Germany.
- On the other hand, there is enormous competition to find work in Canada. Even if you have a strong academic record, you will be further needing suitable references from teachers, professors, universities or your superiors to find a job in Canada.
Explore: SOP to Study in Canada
The weather or climate is a very important factor for some students to decide between Canada Vs Germany.
- The weather is extremely cold across Canada. In fact, some cities in Canada experience the snowfall for at least 8 months in a year. Therefore, if you like snow, Canada is a place for you. Even Canadian summers are generally pleasantly chilly.
- if you cannot live in the snow, you should choose to study in Germany over Canada as the country does not have such extreme snow falling or harsh climate. The summers are warm, with the temperatures ranging from 22 to 35 degrees, which is considered to be quite pleasant. Also, the winters are cold and snow-covered, with temperatures ranging from -10 to 22 degrees and some in some cities also experience drastic weather changes throughout the year.
Also Read: Life in Canada for Indians
Therefore, by going through our analysis of Canada Vs Germany, we hope you have been able to decide which of the two countries is better suited for you. Each country has its benefits and drawbacks. Whether it is Canada Vs Germany or any other country in the world, students who are considering moving to another country must thoroughly research about that country and then come to a decision.
If you also wish to move to Canada or Germany to pursue your dream course, then reach out to our Leverage Edu experts who will guide you every step of the way. Book your free session with us today.